Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
  1. #31
    Legend
    Points: 432,555, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,939
    Points
    432,555
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 228

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Three or five win territory?
    3 being more likely.



  2. #32
    Speechless
    Points: 361,629, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,217
    Points
    361,629
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 538
    Given: 72

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    For me, I'm going to have incredibly low expectations for 2014. Just going to let (hope) them surprise me.
    I think 2 years ago I said 2014 was his make or break year. That hasn't changed. Yeah, maybe there have been some unfortunate circumstances around transfers and removing guys from the team, but that's part of his job. If you add Coe and Jensen back to the line, not even to mention Krick and Bevins, things are different. If you have Morgan and Smith still at LB things are different. If you have Mattison and Bennett around, things are different. It's his job to recruit guys who will be there. They aren't and that's on him. So this leaves me in a difficult spot. 6 wins seems optimistic when 2 years ago I think 9 would have been similarly optimistic. Another 3 win season and I'm probably off his bandwagon.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  3. #33
    Speechless
    Points: 869,891, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,460
    Points
    869,891
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,148
    Given: 1,788

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I think 2 years ago I said 2014 was his make or break year. That hasn't changed. Yeah, maybe there have been some unfortunate circumstances around transfers and removing guys from the team, but that's part of his job. If you add Coe and Jensen back to the line, not even to mention Krick and Bevins, things are different. If you have Morgan and Smith still at LB things are different. If you have Mattison and Bennett around, things are different. It's his job to recruit guys who will be there. They aren't and that's on him. So this leaves me in a difficult spot. 6 wins seems optimistic when 2 years ago I think 9 would have been similarly optimistic. Another 3 win season and I'm probably off his bandwagon.
    If 3 happens, making football an opt-in forum will seem like a very good idea, and the lengthy clonedude manifestoes will blow out the servers.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #34
    Pro
    Points: 50,142, Level: 69
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYCLNST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,622
    Points
    50,142
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 429
    Given: 579

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Gotta give Mangino time. This is still a young team. We can go JUCO heavy for defense again if we need to.




  5. #35
    Addict
    Points: 215,167, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,668
    Points
    215,167
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 385
    Given: 125

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    If 3 happens, making football an opt-in forum will seem like a very good idea, and the lengthy clonedude manifestoes will blow out the servers.
    We're talking 2500 words, minimum.



  6. #36
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,308, Level: 72
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,242
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    4,064
    Points
    54,308
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 254

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by MLawrence View Post
    We're talking 2500 words, minimum.
    Clonedude said he doesn't think we'll beat North Dakota State. So in the event we lose to them, everybody just tell him he was right, and then maybe we'll avoid the manifestos.



  7. #37
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,184, Level: 76
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,939
    Points
    61,184
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 4

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    For me, I'm going to have incredibly low expectations for 2014. Just going to let (hope) them surprise me.
    I think this defense is going to mid 80's bad. Reality is there has been way too much attrition and way too many misses on recruiting on that side of the ball. People don't like to hear it, but this looks like a total disaster to me. The D line is going to be historically bad, which is saying a lot. I am not even sure who is going to play linebacker, and I know what some of you are going to say to that...just stop, you know it's wrong. And the secondary? All right, I think Tribune can be pretty good.

    I just can't see us even having a prayer of stopping anyone, and that includes the NDSU and Iowa which are two of the worst teams on the schedule.



  8. #38
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,184, Level: 76
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,939
    Points
    61,184
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 4

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    If 3 happens, making football an opt-in forum will seem like a very good idea, and the lengthy clonedude manifestoes will blow out the servers.
    I think 3 wins would be a great outcome. There are only 4 possible wins. NDSU, Toledo, KU and WVU. I think NDSU and Toledo are wins. After that? There is little chance against anyone else.



  9. #39
    Pro
    Points: 67,586, Level: 80
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,147
    Points
    67,586
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 48

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    I can't be the only one that think Irving won't be playing for ISU come fall. Maybe that's a dick thing to say but would it shock anyone to wake up and see the news on CF that David is no longer with the team? We are literally hanging by a thread and that thread makes decisions like David Irving...



  10. #40
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,895, Level: 80
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,155
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,754
    Points
    66,895
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 0

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Irving will play.



  11. #41
    Legend
    Points: 159,985, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,639
    Points
    159,985
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 819

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    I can't be the only one that think Irving won't be playing for ISU come fall. Maybe that's a dick thing to say but would it shock anyone to wake up and see the news on CF that David is no longer with the team? We are literally hanging by a thread and that thread makes decisions like David Irving...
    I would be shocked and disappointed in the University, but I also live in a major city and do not think arresting people over loud music from a car is acceptable.



  12. #42
    All-Star
    Points: 27,139, Level: 50
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bettendorf
    Posts
    1,979
    Points
    27,139
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 0

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    It's Iowa, people. How us it that we can't recruit large bodies? C'mon!!



  13. #43
    Addict
    Points: 119,797, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,536
    Points
    119,797
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 434
    Given: 363

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Putting lots of hope in JUCOs. It could work.



  14. #44
    Starter
    Points: 8,315, Level: 27
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    858
    Points
    8,315
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 155

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by cyatheart View Post
    I think this defense is going to mid 80's bad. Reality is there has been way too much attrition and way too many misses on recruiting on that side of the ball. People don't like to hear it, but this looks like a total disaster to me. The D line is going to be historically bad, which is saying a lot. I am not even sure who is going to play linebacker, and I know what some of you are going to say to that...just stop, you know it's wrong. And the secondary? All right, I think Tribune can be pretty good.

    I just can't see us even having a prayer of stopping anyone, and that includes the NDSU and Iowa which are two of the worst teams on the schedule.
    Lol this is just asinine. Iowa is better than at least half of the teams on the schedule. Your bias is affecting your cognitive thinking skills. They were in the Outback Bowl last year and returned a heck of a lot of players. I would be willing to bet that they finish the season better than the following teams on the schedule for sure:

    NDSU (different levels of football so not really comparable)
    Toledo
    Kansas
    West Virginia
    TCU

    And I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they finish better than: Texas Tech and KState

    The Hawks schedule is set up very well for them this year. Their hardest two games are their final two games, and by then they are usually playing pretty good football. Their offense is what has been crippling them the last couple of years, and it appears it's about to get better. They will be strong on the L.O.S. on both sides of the ball, they have one of the best LT's in college football because he chose to stay another year, they have a serviceable QB, a lot of depth at RB, solid TE's, and they have some young receivers who were redshirted last year that will add a bit more playmaking ability to their offense.

    Their defense will miss the three LB's they lost, but they always seem to have talent at the LB position. I'm guessing by the 3rd or 4th game of the season their defense will be playing as well as it usually does.


    Last edited by Section110; 04-11-2014 at 10:33 AM.

  15. #45
    Addict
    Points: 75,943, Level: 85
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,766
    Points
    75,943
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 32

    Re: CFTV: An honest Shane Burnham talks DT's

    Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    Lol this is just asinine. Iowa is better than at least half of the teams on the schedule. Your bias is affecting your cognitive thinking skills. They were in the Outback Bowl last year and returned a heck of a lot of players. I would be willing to bet that they finish the season better than the following teams on the schedule for sure:

    NDSU (different levels of football so not really comparable)
    Toledo
    Kansas
    West Virginia
    TCU

    And I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they finish better than: Texas Tech and KState

    The Hawks schedule is set up very well for them this year. Their hardest two games are their final two games, and by then they are usually playing pretty good football. Their offense is what has been crippling them the last couple of years, and it appears it's about to get better. They will be strong on the L.O.S. on both sides of the ball, they have one of the best LT's in college football because he chose to stay another year, they have a serviceable QB, a lot of depth at RB, solid TE's, and they have some young receivers who were redshirted last year that will add a bit more playmaking ability to their offense.

    Their defense will miss the three LB's they lost, but they always seem to have talent at the LB position. I'm guessing by the 3rd or 4th game of the season their defense will be playing as well as it usually does.
    holy cow.. after looking at their schedule, it would be a disappointment if they didn't start the year 10-0! Then the last two games are at home!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM