Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 538
  1. #391
    Addict
    Points: 157,327, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Cycl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Liberty
    Posts
    6,559
    Points
    157,327
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 3

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkItThrough View Post
    Picture worth 1000 words, grasshopper!
    And someone standing there watching it is worth what?



  2. #392
    Addict
    Points: 157,327, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Cycl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Liberty
    Posts
    6,559
    Points
    157,327
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 3

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    While I understand what you are trying to say, has it occurred to you that this "eye witness" is an anonymous poster on an internet message board?
    Oh, I think he probably was part of the mob, and while I have no idea if he ripped it out of the ground or not, he was definitely carrying it around. However, I'm not ready to kick someone off the team and throw them in jail over a picture. Especially with someone claiming to have been there saying it looked to them like he was just moving it out of the way.

    Just get annoyed with all the ridiculous statements like he was smiling so it means he was rioting, and that that isn't how you carry stop sign normally.



  3. #393
    Starter
    Points: 8,115, Level: 26
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    847
    Points
    8,115
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 151

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycl1 View Post
    Oh, I think he probably was part of the mob, and while I have no idea if he ripped it out of the ground or not, he was definitely carrying it around. However, I'm not ready to kick someone off the team and throw them in jail over a picture. Especially with someone claiming to have been there saying it looked to them like he was just moving it out of the way.

    Just get annoyed with all the ridiculous statements like he was smiling so it means he was rioting, and that that isn't how you carry stop sign normally.
    The smile is a very small part of it compared to the fact he was lifting up a stop sign that had clearly been torn out of the ground in the middle of a riot. The fact you decide to focus on the smile and ignore the rest of the picture says it all. He's holding up a stop sign in the middle of a riot where everything on the street was being torn apart, yet he somehow was not participating in the riot? That's pretty difficult to fathom.

    Take this "eye witness" account completely out of the picture, as he is an anonymous message board poster and you have no clue whether or not his version of events is true. What we know for a fact is what's in the picture and video.

    It isn't about how bad what he was doing is Cycl1. Obviously what he was doing wasn't all that dangerous. It's the fact the ISU President said there will be an ongoing review of the pictures and video of the riot, and those found to be involved in it will be dealt with in a swift manner. It's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that Irving was most likely participating in the riot, and there is a picture and video of it for proof. He should not be dealt with in a different manner than the others involved simply because he's a football player.



  4. #394
    Starter
    Points: 18,911, Level: 41
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    682
    Points
    18,911
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    I didn't go through the whole thread so forgive if already posted. In this video, at the :33 mark you can clearly see Irving shaking the sign down and walk off with it (while smiling).

    http://www.kcci.com/news/Raw-Video-H...-Ames/25396536


    There was one?

  5. #395
    Pro
    Points: 122,112, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    IowaStateClones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,104
    Points
    122,112
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 44

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    But was he sweating?



  6. #396
    Prospect
    Points: 601, Level: 6
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    18
    Points
    601
    Level
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    https://twitter.com/AmesPolice/statu...00319931252736

    Dang... He was charged with two misdemeanors and a Class D Felony. Not a good sign.



  7. #397
    Addict
    Points: 155,970, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,809
    Points
    155,970
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 661
    Given: 7

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    bobby La Gesse just said 5th degre theft...



  8. #398
    Addict
    Points: 186,964, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,558
    Points
    186,964
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 492
    Given: 230

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by audiokiwi View Post
    https://twitter.com/AmesPolice/statu...00319931252736

    Dang... He was charged with two misdemeanors and a Class D Felony. Not a good sign.
    Well that settles it for me. Active participant and charged. He's gone. Has to be.



  9. #399
    Pro
    Points: 37,230, Level: 59
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,355
    Points
    37,230
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 119

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Yeah...that's probably it.

    Just like all the "little things" Coe did that gained him dismissal, Irving may have done the same to himself.



  10. #400
    Addict
    Points: 186,964, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,558
    Points
    186,964
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 492
    Given: 230

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnCy View Post
    Yeah...that's probably it.

    Just like all the "little things" Coe did that gained him dismissal, Irving may have done the same to himself.
    Although a felony to cap it off is a little more emphatic haha.



  11. #401
    Addict
    Points: 155,970, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,809
    Points
    155,970
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 661
    Given: 7

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Open tryouts for defensive line. To be considered, you must possess the following two credentials:

    1) Be a large person
    2) Be capable of staying out of jail



  12. #402
    Pro
    Points: 36,479, Level: 58
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CloneinWDSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,689
    Points
    36,479
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 606
    Given: 17

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    See ya!



  13. #403
    Speechless
    Points: 398,312, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,733
    Points
    398,312
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 345

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    I'm not going to continue arguing with you because it's pointless. You're seeing what you want to see. All I'm suggesting is that the evidence strongly suggests David Irving was having a good time and participating in the riot. You and a few others are the ones choosing to try to come up with any possible way he was doing something humanitarian, and it's making you look foolish.

    Guy in the middle of a riot holding up a stop sign that was removed from the street and smiling... Clearly he's just trying to help lol. I don't think you understand how dumb that sounds.
    David was working his shoulder post surgery even while he was out partying. Such dedication.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  14. #404
    Addict
    Points: 157,327, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Cycl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Liberty
    Posts
    6,559
    Points
    157,327
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 3

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    The smile is a very small part of it compared to the fact he was lifting up a stop sign that had clearly been torn out of the ground in the middle of a riot. The fact you decide to focus on the smile and ignore the rest of the picture says it all. He's holding up a stop sign in the middle of a riot where everything on the street was being torn apart, yet he somehow was not participating in the riot? That's pretty difficult to fathom.

    Take this "eye witness" account completely out of the picture, as he is an anonymous message board poster and you have no clue whether or not his version of events is true. What we know for a fact is what's in the picture and video.

    It isn't about how bad what he was doing is Cycl1. Obviously what he was doing wasn't all that dangerous. It's the fact the ISU President said there will be an ongoing review of the pictures and video of the riot, and those found to be involved in it will be dealt with in a swift manner. It's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that Irving was most likely participating in the riot, and there is a picture and video of it for proof. He should not be dealt with in a different manner than the others involved simply because he's a football player.
    I agree he probably was participating. I said as much in my last post. I am just saying let's not mess up someone's life without the whole picture. In that group of people I guarantee some were participants, some watched, and some probably were trying to move people out of the way for the ambulance.

    Believe me I don't think athletes deserve to be treated different.



  15. #405
    Legend
    Points: 273,094, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,675
    Points
    273,094
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 856
    Given: 173

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    If he is being charged, then the rumor of him helping is not true. I'm not sure CPR has any choice but to kick him off the team with what has happened. He is partially responsible for shutting down a years worth of planning by many students. A statement needs to be made.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM