Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 41

Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

This thread is pretty embarassing. Looks like the same people calling for David's head were the same ones that wanted him off the team after his altercation with his girlfriend, which he denied repeated. People close to him and his girlfriend even went to the media and said that his girlfriend was a nutcase and the incident was painted incorrectly. And thats exactly why the charges were dropped. But hey carry on with the foolishness and embarassing posts.

All-Star
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 40

Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    This thread is pretty embarassing. Looks like the same people calling for David's head were the same ones that wanted him off the team after his altercation with his girlfriend, which he denied repeated. People close to him and his girlfriend even went to the media and said that his girlfriend was a nutcase and the incident was painted incorrectly. And thats exactly why the charges were dropped. But hey carry on with the foolishness and embarassing posts.
    There were no photos of said girlfriend incident. Just he said, she said. What we have here is a photo of Irving, holding destroyed property (just holding and not in the act of destroying), with a **** eating grin on his face, all while another person gleefully holds their camera up to take a photo of Irving, holding destroyed property, with a **** eating grin on his face. I don't buy the god Samaritan bullcrap. If he was picking the sign up to move it out of the way he wouldn't be holding it up so that it rises above the crowd for all to see.

Yeah TOAST!!!

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139

Watch this video, especially the last half and tell me what exactly the cops are doing to provoke this madness. And tell me how exactly they aren't putting their butts on the line by being there? If you can defend this type of behavior, you can't call me holier than thou; you simply don't have an understanding of human decency.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Walk On
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    We all joke about emailing Pollard, but if this is true you may want to consider emailing CPR and JP with what you saw and your contact information. It may be important to corroborate Irving's story.
    Alright, I think I will after my exam today.

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    I think self righteous people who jump on their soapbox over every little immaterial thing are pretty high up there. But I will say I am pretty impressed with how many people on this site alone have such superior morals (never had a drunk hookup, never disobeyed a law, etc.)
    What, because every single one of us fall short......we can't call a spade....a spade?! I would wager that most people here one or two times in life have been at the wrong place....at the wrong time and put themselves in a not so envious position. And I doubt fewer were ever rewarded for that fact. The realization that at one time in my past I may have broken the law doesn't mean I don't have the where with all to be able to look at that picture and state with a fair amount of certainty after seeing his s*** eating grin that he wasn't just a innocent bystander. You put yourself in that position.....you should be willing to pay the consequences. I have, as have most who have been so stupid. It's up to you......but you might want to give the "he who is without sin" line a rest.

Addict
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    There were no photos of said girlfriend incident. Just he said, she said. What we have here is a photo of Irving, holding destroyed property (just holding and not in the act of destroying), with a **** eating grin on his face, all while another person gleefully holds their camera up to take a photo of Irving, holding destroyed property, with a **** eating grin on his face. I don't buy the god Samaritan bullcrap. If he was picking the sign up to move it out of the way he wouldn't be holding it up so that it rises above the crowd for all to see.
    You must have skipped the college years and went straight to audultism? Never partied underage? Never speed? Never have a few drinks and drive? Innocent of everything? Clean slate?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Watch this video, especially the last half and tell me what exactly the cops are doing to provoke this madness. And tell me how exactly they aren't putting their butts on the line by being there? If you can defend this type of behavior, you can't call me holier than thou; you simply don't have an understanding of human decency.

The students behavior in that video is insane. Complete idiots.

For the mob that was chanting VEISHEA, VEISHEA, VEISHEA. Congrats. You ended VEISHEA. Stick a fork in it. It is done. Enough is enough.

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 107

The embarrassing posts are from the people who actually believe David Irving might be innocent. Seriously? How freaking blind are some of you guys? This is ridiculous. Some of you are saying VEISHEA shouldn't have been canceled, just punish those who participated! Then when there is a picture of a huge guy who happens to play football holding up a big *** stop sign with a huge grin on his face the same people are screaming "Come on guys he's probably just helping! He's just holding up a sign. No big deal!"

Lol the hypocrisy is hilarious. To the guy who said "It's just a little sign". You are not very bright my friend. A stop sign on a metal pole is dangerous. Had he dropped that or swung it then it easily could have hurt someone. Besides the fact it's dangerous he is encouraging the situation. A situation that resulted in a kid being lifeflighted to the hospital, and a huge event being canceled. DI holding that sign up is a perfect example of someone who is participating in the riot. No one is on their soap box. No one is being holier than though. Stop with the nonsense. Pull your heads out of your behinds and wake up. It's unfortunate he's a football player, but it happened and he should be punished just like the rest of them should.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 136

WTF does you post have to do with Irving? Yes, there was a riot. Yes, the police did not seem to provoke the idiots. But how does this relate to the other morons on this thread calling for David's head? Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. But it doesn't mean the whole crowd is complicit in the situation.

Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Rookie
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It does.

That could be viewed as inciting a riot.

People who think he was just holding it or moving it are the worst type of people. They're the "not my child" types.

If you were moving a sign, you wouldn't do it by holding the sign end up. He wasn't getting it out of the way, though. So, that's a moot point.

CPR will look the other way like he always does.
    Name the times CPR has looked the other way, I'd love to know? The Albert Gary case, I will give you. I thought he should have been kicked off the team. I did NOT see any KCCI video when I made my post, I was simply going on what accounts a person who was THERE saw David Irving do and formed a theory on what MIGHT have happend. And I could give a rats *** about your comments about not being "your type of person". Weak people are those who attack a person's character without knowing who they are talking about. In fact, just so you know, I came from a VERY strict upbringing, had an ex Marine as a coach in football who was extremely disciplined and ran us into the ground for a loss on Friday night, let alone something potentially criminal. We got the belt for lying in my household, and FYI, I would do the exact same for my kids. However, making a character judgement on a little snippit of video and claiming to know all that happend from that, shows your lack of judgement. As I said before, let all the facts come out then act. It is part of our Democracy, to be innocent until proven guilty. Learned that in 8th grade, maybe you forgot that?

"winners never quit; quitters never win"

Speechless
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 38

I hadn't seen any video yet. I will commend them on that piece of work. I probably would have taken the kid out that was mocking them out in the middle. I also probably would have tear gassed the place as well. I really don't feel bad for the student body after seeing that. There was a high percentage of idiots there and they deserve what they got.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 234

lots of denial in this thread

"But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

"I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 107

You must have skipped the college years and went straight to audultism? Never partied underage? Never speed? Never have a few drinks and drive? Innocent of everything? Clean slate?
    Dude it has nothing to do with being on a soapbox. Of course everyone here has made mistakes. No one is saying they haven't. If we get caught making mistakes we pay the price for them. Good lord. David Irving put himself in a bad situation and he got caught. What he did should not be overlooked because he's a football player. Plain and simple.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 331

Maybe he's suspended from Nodak state for "wrong place wrong time" ?

@RandomGeoFacts

All-Star
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 70

Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    WTF does you post have to do with Irving? Yes, there was a riot. Yes, the police did not seem to provoke the idiots. But how does this relate to the other morons on this thread calling for David's head? Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. But it doesn't mean the whole crowd is complicit in the situation.
    I think he may have meant to post that in one of the other three VEISHEA threads.