Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 538
  1. #151
    All-Star
    Points: 11,489, Level: 32
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,790
    Points
    11,489
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 396
    Given: 226

    Re: Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyballzz View Post
    Sure looks like him and if that's the case I think Fred has to do the right thing and boot Ejim off the ******* team. You know... to show he means business.

    Zero. *******. Tolerance.
    he was just at a party and not on the team anymore



  2. #152
    Legend
    Points: 273,168, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,691
    Points
    273,168
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 862
    Given: 176

    Re: Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    he was just at a party and not on the team anymore
    Link?



  3. #153
    Legend
    Points: 154,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,181
    Points
    154,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 639

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    He'd be talked about because of the picture. We just wouldn't know his name.
    Thousands of pictures were taken last night. How many have you seen? How many have you talked about?



  4. #154
    Speechless
    Points: 864,085, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,825
    Points
    864,085
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,783
    Given: 1,502

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Thousands of pictures were taken last night. How many have you seen? How many have you talked about?
    How many have I had the chance to know their name? One, maybe two.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  5. #155
    All-Star
    Points: 38,577, Level: 60
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,014
    Points
    38,577
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 139

    Re: Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    he was just at a party and not on the team anymore
    Glad to see Fred already took care of the problem.

    See ya Edge to bad you couldn't stay out of trouble.

    Damn this sucks I was really looking forward to seeing how much improvement he would make next year with Niang and Kane.



  6. #156
    Legend
    Points: 154,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,181
    Points
    154,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 639

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    How many have I had the chance to know their name? One, maybe two.
    And what has comes of it? Public outcry for expulsion? I assume you have contact the authorities and appropriate ISU contacts? Emailed Tribune? You know how many students, and yet only have seen two pictures? Oh, the anonymity of being an average student.
    Someone brought up hypocrisy- in reality the athlete is on the short end of it, which is often the case.



  7. #157
    Speechless
    Points: 864,085, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,825
    Points
    864,085
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,783
    Given: 1,502

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    And what has comes of it? Public outcry for expulsion? I assume you have contact the authorities and appropriate ISU contacts? Emailed Tribune? Oh, the anonymity of being an average student.
    Someone brought up hypocrisy- in reality the athlete is on the short end of it, which is often the case.
    That's awfully odd. They know DI's name already. No point for me sending his name on.

    Nobody is staying anonymous in this deal. It's not a case of athlete persecution.
    It's also not a CPR call, since it's a student affairs sort of thing now.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #158
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,094, Level: 82
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,446
    Points
    71,094
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 532
    Given: 801

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    My god some of you on here are so rediculous. Between wanting to suspend Basketball players who may have been watching, expelling any student who was doing anything and kicking DI off the football team for HOLDING a sign. He's holding a f-ing sign who the hell cares. We don't know if he ripped it out of the ground, for all we know it was laying on the ground and he picked it up to walk around with it thinking it was funny (and I personally think it is).

    You know how many college kids and adults have road signs hanging in their houses? Maybe we better arrest everyone of them because they stole property.



  9. #159
    Legend
    Points: 154,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,181
    Points
    154,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 639

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    That's awfully odd. They know DI's name already. No point for me sending his name on.

    Nobody is staying anonymous in this deal. It's not a case of athlete persecution.
    It's also not a CPR call, since it's a student affairs sort of thing now.
    No, I meant sending the names of non-athlete students on.

    Actually, a large number will stay anonymous, that is how it works. There were hundreds out there. If 33% get any punishment it will be surprising.

    Formally, maybe, but in reality it will be CPR's call- assuming there is any call to make.



  10. #160
    Addict
    Points: 71,970, Level: 83
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,180
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,242
    Points
    71,970
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,360
    Given: 1,632

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    My god some of you on here are so rediculous. Between wanting to suspend Basketball players who may have been watching, expelling any student who was doing anything and kicking DI off the football team for HOLDING a sign. He's holding a f-ing sign who the hell cares. We don't know if he ripped it out of the ground, for all we know it was laying on the ground and he picked it up to walk around with it thinking it was funny (and I personally think it is).

    You know how many college kids and adults have road signs hanging in their houses? Maybe we better arrest everyone of them because they stole property.
    I usually agree with you on things, but not here. Some people seem to be fine with the idea that VEISHEA was cancelled, negating the efforts of a lot of their fellow students, yet seem up in arms when people recommend that the actual participants in the mob be punished. There are varying degrees of participation, yes...but the ones who were there cheering on the vandals are just as guilty, since they provided the cover and the encouragement. I don't think Irving should receive MORE punishment than anyone else...but after all of the brouhaha this year over implementation of the student conduct code, that conduct code needs to be enforced in an equitable manner.



  11. #161
    Pro
    Points: 68,314, Level: 81
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,436
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,263
    Points
    68,314
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 2

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    I just assume if you're the ages of 16-20 that you are a complete idiot and should be expelled based on your age alone.

    Those who think DI should be expelled for the sign holding incident where the hell were you when he was charged for abuse.

    Leath set a precedence with Bubu I expect similar treatment with any athlete or Leath is an "embarrassment".



  12. #162
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,094, Level: 82
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,446
    Points
    71,094
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 532
    Given: 801

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    I usually agree with you on things, but not here. Some people seem to be fine with the idea that VEISHEA was cancelled, negating the efforts of a lot of their fellow students, yet seem up in arms when people recommend that the actual participants in the mob be punished. There are varying degrees of participation, yes...but the ones who were there cheering on the vandals are just as guilty, since they provided the cover and the encouragement. I don't think Irving should receive MORE punishment than anyone else...but after all of the brouhaha this year over implementation of the student conduct code, that conduct code needs to be enforced in an equitable manner.
    I am not fine with VEISHEA being cancelled. In fact I think the whole thing is blown way out of proportion by everyone involved (the media, ISU and the people on here). I was part of the crowd in 2004 (even though I graduated from ISU in 2002) and that was way worse. I was also part of the crowd in the 2001 (I think that is the correct year) and I would say this one was comparable to that.



  13. #163
    Addict
    Points: 71,970, Level: 83
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,180
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,242
    Points
    71,970
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,360
    Given: 1,632

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    I am not fine with VEISHEA being cancelled. In fact I think the whole thing is blown way out of proportion by everyone involved (the media, ISU and the people on here). I was part of the crowd in 2004 (even though I graduated from ISU in 2002) and that was way worse. I was also part of the crowd in the 2001 (I think that is the correct year) and I would say this one was comparable to that.
    I've been here since 1983. The first, in 1998, was the worst. These others are more "gee, let's see if we can get drunk and get on the news like those other guys". The problem with your description of Irving's act is the part "maybe he picked it up & walked around with it because he thought it was funny". That only serves to encourage more people to damage things. Hey...they thought that was funny, well I can top that! And it escalates.



  14. #164
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,094, Level: 82
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,446
    Points
    71,094
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 532
    Given: 801

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    I've been here since 1983. The first, in 1998, was the worst. These others are more "gee, let's see if we can get drunk and get on the news like those other guys". The problem with your description of Irving's act is the part "maybe he picked it up & walked around with it because he thought it was funny". That only serves to encourage more people to damage things. Hey...they thought that was funny, well I can top that! And it escalates.
    I understand what you are saying, jmo that it's not a big deal to be carrying a sign around. Heck I don't even think it's a big deal that someone ripped it out of the ground. I could tell some stories about way worse things than ripping a sign out of the ground.



  15. #165
    Legend
    Points: 154,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,181
    Points
    154,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 639

    Re: Irving Pic Holding Stop Sign At Riot

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    I usually agree with you on things, but not here. Some people seem to be fine with the idea that VEISHEA was cancelled, negating the efforts of a lot of their fellow students, yet seem up in arms when people recommend that the actual participants in the mob be punished. There are varying degrees of participation, yes...but the ones who were there cheering on the vandals are just as guilty, since they provided the cover and the encouragement. I don't think Irving should receive MORE punishment than anyone else...but after all of the brouhaha this year over implementation of the student conduct code, that conduct code needs to be enforced in an equitable manner.
    The punishment should fit the crime, I do not see holding a sign up, riot in the background or not, needing anything more than some laps. For most of the participants last night, if no all, their actions do not come close to those that get DUI's.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM