Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 97 of 97
  1. #91
    Legend
    Points: 121,998, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,659
    Points
    121,998
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,068
    Given: 1,049

    Re: Georges Niang in 2014-2015

    I'm excited to see: Wooden Award race
    ESPN - By Myron Medcalf
    http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...den-award-race


    Medcalf's Top Wooden Award contenders (returning players)

    1. Frank Kaminsky -- Wisconsin star is one of the toughest players to defend due to his size and range and he’s back for another run.
    2. Montrezl Harrell -- Louisville center is bigger, stronger and faster even though he was bigger, stronger and faster than everyone last year.
    3. Marcus Paige -- Averaged 17.5 PPG and 4.2 APG for North Carolina last season but he’ll have more help and the potential for a more productive year.
    4. Fred Van Vleet (or Ron Baker) -- Wichita State’s point guard finished fourth nationally with a 4.02 assist-to-turnover ratio, and he’ll take on a bigger scoring role this year. But Baker, a future pro wing, could ultimately represent Wichita State in the Wooden Award mix.
    5. Branden Dawson -- Tom Izzo’s team will be built around the sturdy, skilled 6-foot-6 forward who was a McDonald’s All-American before injuries interrupted his progress.
    6. Georges Niang -- Iowa State power forward excels with an IQ and arsenal that few bigs can match and he’s healthy again after suffering a foot injury during last year’s Big 12 tournament.
    7. Andrew Harrison -- Kentucky point guard will lead the deepest frontcourt in the country and most talented roster in America.
    8. Ryan Boatright – Had 14 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals in win over Kentucky in national title game and now, UConn is his squad.
    9. Chasson Randle -- The Stanford guard averaged 18.7 PPG and shot 39 percent from the 3-point line for a Cardinal team that reached the Sweet 16 last season.
    10. Juwan Staten -- If you haven’t heard of Staten (18.1 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 5.8 APG, 40 percent from the 3-point line for West Virginia last year), you will. Soon.



    Medcalf slipped up on saying Niang injured his foot in the Big 12 tournament but this list of players Niang is with is pretty elite for college basketball returners. The recognition just keeps coming for him this summer. Is it basketball season yet?


    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    I'll stop making fun of DandyCyclone if we even get a visit out of Thon Maker






  2. #92
    All-Star
    Points: 10,098, Level: 30
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    cyclonenation5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,197
    Points
    10,098
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 200

    Re: Georges Niang in 2014-2015

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I'm excited to see: Wooden Award race
    ESPN - By Myron Medcalf
    http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...den-award-race


    Medcalf's Top Wooden Award contenders (returning players)

    1. Frank Kaminsky -- Wisconsin star is one of the toughest players to defend due to his size and range and he’s back for another run.
    2. Montrezl Harrell -- Louisville center is bigger, stronger and faster even though he was bigger, stronger and faster than everyone last year.
    3. Marcus Paige -- Averaged 17.5 PPG and 4.2 APG for North Carolina last season but he’ll have more help and the potential for a more productive year.
    4. Fred Van Vleet (or Ron Baker) -- Wichita State’s point guard finished fourth nationally with a 4.02 assist-to-turnover ratio, and he’ll take on a bigger scoring role this year. But Baker, a future pro wing, could ultimately represent Wichita State in the Wooden Award mix.
    5. Branden Dawson -- Tom Izzo’s team will be built around the sturdy, skilled 6-foot-6 forward who was a McDonald’s All-American before injuries interrupted his progress.
    6. Georges Niang -- Iowa State power forward excels with an IQ and arsenal that few bigs can match and he’s healthy again after suffering a foot injury during last year’s Big 12 tournament.
    7. Andrew Harrison -- Kentucky point guard will lead the deepest frontcourt in the country and most talented roster in America.
    8. Ryan Boatright – Had 14 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals in win over Kentucky in national title game and now, UConn is his squad.
    9. Chasson Randle -- The Stanford guard averaged 18.7 PPG and shot 39 percent from the 3-point line for a Cardinal team that reached the Sweet 16 last season.
    10. Juwan Staten -- If you haven’t heard of Staten (18.1 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 5.8 APG, 40 percent from the 3-point line for West Virginia last year), you will. Soon.



    Medcalf slipped up on saying Niang injured his foot in the Big 12 tournament but this list of players Niang is with is pretty elite for college basketball returners. The recognition just keeps coming for him this summer. Is it basketball season yet?
    We don't have to boycott Medcalf for this misinformation, do we? He's one of the good ones.



  3. #93
    Addict
    Points: 164,429, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,566
    Points
    164,429
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,267
    Given: 15

    Re: Georges Niang in 2014-2015

    Boycott, no, but how hard it is to fact check a little bit? Surely ESPN has interns.



  4. #94
    Speechless
    Points: 945,071, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    64,768
    Points
    945,071
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,156
    Given: 6,977

    Re: Georges Niang in 2014-2015

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    Boycott, no, but how hard it is to fact check a little bit? Surely ESPN has interns.
    The interns probably supplied the facts.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  5. #95
    Speechless
    Points: 299,184, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,638
    Points
    299,184
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,464
    Given: 1,913

    Re: Georges Niang in 2014-2015

    That makes our win over Baylor and NC-whatsitcalled even more impressive.



  6. #96
    Legend
    Points: 121,998, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,659
    Points
    121,998
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,068
    Given: 1,049

    Re: Georges Niang in 2014-2015



    My daughter is handing it to @GeorgesNiang20 right now in ping pong. Weight loss not making the difference!! pic.twitter.com/uYIPQSl8K4









    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    I'll stop making fun of DandyCyclone if we even get a visit out of Thon Maker






  7. #97
    Addict
    Points: 44,988, Level: 65
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    cyclones12321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newton Ia
    Posts
    5,819
    Points
    44,988
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 795
    Given: 245

    Re: Georges Niang in 2014-2015

    Some more well earned recognition



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 10, 2016
  • 08:00 PM