Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1135
  1. #1096
    Addict
    Points: 163,237, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Cycl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Liberty
    Posts
    6,886
    Points
    163,237
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 242
    Given: 4

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jkclone View Post
    How? When I am 21 I definitely will drink. It isn't the drinking itself that I have a problem with. I have a problem when people drink to much and then puke on every toilet in our dorm.
    A friend of mine had never had jack Daniels before and did like 8 shots. He didn't make it to the toilet. Bathroom smelled like jack for the rest of the weekend.



  2. #1097
    All-Star
    Points: 27,897, Level: 51
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mctallerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,757
    Points
    27,897
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 647
    Given: 706

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bret44 View Post
    Are we still arguing about the same stuff? Or something different now?
    Did RV thread ever get 1k posts in three days?



  3. #1098
    All-Star
    Points: 21,662, Level: 45
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dunar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    1,623
    Points
    21,662
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 28

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    I have finally read the whole thread. It can be closed and deleted now. Thanks for your participation!

    I've actually been thinking about how much larger events with much rowdier crowd members don't become riots (or melees or whatever...) I go to Sturgis for the rally regularly, the numbers are always estimated in the hundreds of thousands. I think there's a bar every 15-20 feet. Try to argue that a 19yr old college kid parties harder than some of the bikers. While there have been incidents in the past, it is generally pretty tame. Is it b/c no one is rushing in to stop the party? Or that the police presence is very visible? Or an older crowd is just more responsible? (Jimlad that last one, go watch one episode of Full Throttle for examples of way too many bad decisions being made by "adults"...)


    2012 Big 12 Elimination Competition Champion

    "
    No. Instead, there's a pole. Requires no decoration. I find tinsel distracting."

  4. #1099
    Speechless
    Points: 231,792, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16,795
    Points
    231,792
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,585
    Given: 2,545

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Bret44 View Post
    Are we still arguing about the same stuff? Or something different now?

    I think it's now about whether you'd rather be hit in the head by a full beer can or a stop sign.

    Wait, maybe that's the other thread.


    new signature ideas needed; inquire within

  5. #1100
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 70,573, Level: 82
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Jordanj6502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,804
    Points
    70,573
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 22

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by dunar View Post
    I have finally read the whole thread. It can be closed and deleted now. Thanks for your participation!

    I've actually been thinking about how much larger events with much rowdier crowd members don't become riots (or melees or whatever...) I go to Sturgis for the rally regularly, the numbers are always estimated in the hundreds of thousands. I think there's a bar every 15-20 feet. Try to argue that a 19yr old college kid parties harder than some of the bikers. While there have been incidents in the past, it is generally pretty tame. Is it b/c no one is rushing in to stop the party? Or that the police presence is very visible? Or an older crowd is just more responsible? (Jimlad that last one, go watch one episode of Full Throttle for examples of way too many bad decisions being made by "adults"...)
    I think this is partially true. Additionally it isn't as 'cool' or whatever to destroy things when you get older. There isn't the desire to do stuff like that or be a part of something like that. Additionally the older you get the more you realize the consequences. People were being destructive because they thought they could get away with being destructive. (some will get away with it) And finally older people tend to weigh what they would lose more heavily than college age students.

    The people that engage in these destructive activities, are people who think they won't get caught (or worth the risk of getting caught) and think others will be impressed or entertained by their actions. Their rationality is limited to the present. They do what they think will be the best or coolest thing for them right now. #YOLO



  6. #1101
    Legend
    Points: 123,949, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,313
    Points
    123,949
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 631
    Given: 569

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanj6502 View Post
    I think this is partially true. Additionally it isn't as 'cool' or whatever to destroy things when you get older. There isn't the desire to do stuff like that or be a part of something like that. Additionally the older you get the more you realize the consequences. People were being destructive because they thought they could get away with being destructive. (some will get away with it) And finally older people tend to weigh what they would lose more heavily than college age students.

    The people that engage in these destructive activities, are people who think they won't get caught (or worth the risk of getting caught) and think others will be impressed or entertained by their actions. Their rationality is limited to the present. They do what they think will be the best or coolest thing for them right now. #YOLO

    So, why this year? And why on a Tuesday? And why didn't we see cars tipped and poles knocked over last year? Does it mostly come down to nice weather during a late VEISHEA?



  7. #1102
    Pro
    Points: 38,892, Level: 60
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,597
    Points
    38,892
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 153

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Earlier when people were talking about the one video and the dope who was out dancing/inciting people...they got him:

    Also arrested was Mark Ribbeck, 20, of Ames, on a charge of harassment of a public official.
    Huff said Ribbeck stepped out from the crowd into the gap between the crowd and police officers and began dancing around and taunting officers, causing the crowd to get even more riled up.- See more at: http://amestrib.com/news/ames-and-st....HGSIkTKC.dpuf



  8. #1103
    Pro
    Points: 40,340, Level: 61
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cyclonin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,261
    Points
    40,340
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 414
    Given: 1,671

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnCy View Post
    Earlier when people were talking about the one video and the dope who was out dancing/inciting people...they got him:

    Also arrested was Mark Ribbeck, 20, of Ames, on a charge of harassment of a public official.
    Huff said Ribbeck stepped out from the crowd into the gap between the crowd and police officers and began dancing around and taunting officers, causing the crowd to get even more riled up.- See more at: http://amestrib.com/news/ames-and-st....HGSIkTKC.dpuf
    That is awesome. So glad that happened.



  9. #1104
    Speechless
    Points: 419,774, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,870
    Points
    419,774
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,152
    Given: 807

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Agclone91 View Post
    Serious question - is 7 cops on duty normal for a town the size of Ames? That doesn't seem like very many to me. I feel like there were times that I could drive down Lincoln Way from South Dakota to Duff and see almost that many in one trip.

    Although I guess this was at 11 P.M. though, not the middle of the day.
    They were probably saving their hours for later in the week.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  10. #1105
    Pro
    Points: 37,966, Level: 60
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,084
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUCY23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,435
    Points
    37,966
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 129

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonin View Post
    That is awesome. So glad that happened.
    Same. That guy was being a tool.


    "Watch out for the Cyclones. We comin," Korie Lucious.

  11. #1106
    Speechless
    Points: 419,774, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,870
    Points
    419,774
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,152
    Given: 807

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    So, why this year? And why on a Tuesday? And why didn't we see cars tipped and poles knocked over last year? Does it mostly come down to nice weather during a late VEISHEA?
    Nice weather really helps.

    Looks like David had the worst charges filed against him so far. Going out with a bang.


    Last edited by Wesley; 04-11-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  12. #1107
    Addict
    Points: 165,226, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    9,667
    Points
    165,226
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 922
    Given: 475

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnCy View Post
    Earlier when people were talking about the one video and the dope who was out dancing/inciting people...they got him:

    Also arrested was Mark Ribbeck, 20, of Ames, on a charge of harassment of a public official.
    Huff said Ribbeck stepped out from the crowd into the gap between the crowd and police officers and began dancing around and taunting officers, causing the crowd to get even more riled up.- See more at: http://amestrib.com/news/ames-and-st....HGSIkTKC.dpuf
    That's great. Screw that guy.



  13. #1108
    Legend
    Points: 295,908, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,804
    Points
    295,908
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,119
    Given: 1,356

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    That's great. Screw that guy.
    that guy looks like a winner.


    **2014 CRZZZFFL REGULAR SEASON CHAMPION***

    "I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.” - Bo Pelini

  14. #1109
    Rookie
    Points: 10,992, Level: 31
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    476
    Points
    10,992
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 3

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnCy View Post
    Earlier when people were talking about the one video and the dope who was out dancing/inciting people...they got him:

    Also arrested was Mark Ribbeck, 20, of Ames, on a charge of harassment of a public official.
    Huff said Ribbeck stepped out from the crowd into the gap between the crowd and police officers and began dancing around and taunting officers, causing the crowd to get even more riled up.- See more at: http://amestrib.com/news/ames-and-st....HGSIkTKC.dpuf
    Is ISU legally required to release his transcript to his next school?



  15. #1110
    Addict
    Points: 119,015, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,803
    Points
    119,015
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 371
    Given: 472

    Re: *** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

    Attempted tearer apart the street sign guy made a good move by turning himself in. Cited instead of arrested.


    "I hope to coach here until I retire," Hoiberg said.
    @AtownCY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN2
  • Iowa State @ Kansas State
  • February 28, 2015
  • 03:00 PM