Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

Re: Bubu

Quote Originally Posted by ExCyment View Post
    Why, did ISU ruin his budding NBA career???? This is stupid, ISU owes Bubu nothing. A walk on, who kept his scholarship and only missed out on the privilege of riding the bench all year. A lot of damage there. I hate this litigation mentality.
    Why does everyone spew this ******** about him not playing. Fred made comments that suggested he may start. You look like an idiot saying things like this and only other idiots agree with you.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 536
    Given: 342

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Excellent your opinion...your opinion sans the full information that seems fundamentally necessary to render a credible position. Your opinion.

You come and fling poo and act sad when someone has a fundamental belief divergent than yours. I am incredibly sorry that your feelers are hurt.

If one looks at the burden of the student disciplinary process there isn't much that bubu has going for him. In spite of the partial fact pattern(as released at this point) you can't find reason to afford latitude to those(Leath et al) that in fact have access to information you don't have. While your leap to conclusion has not sprained your ankle it certainly is reflective of your child-like zeal to render unqualified opinions. More insidious than your blatant disregard for facts, you are making rather broad charges against Leath and Pollard questioning their competency, intent, and fidelity to duty. You are prosecuting two accomplished administrators in the very manner Bubu endured in criminal proceedings.

Furthermore; I will stipulate that I don't have all of the information but I do believe there is more to it than the general public has access to(me included). I also believe I mentioned that I saw Bubu coaching at the Hoiberg camp and found that to be a disconnect from my position and need to wait for more information(In fact I think it was in this thread, no I am not going to look for it).

Here is what I am 100% certain of:
    1-something happened that lead to an outcome where bubu wasn't allowed to represent the university yet remain on scholarship to complete his academic pursuits. I would further point out that mistakes were very well made. Bubu's willingness to violate rules and laws were his own undoing.
    2-your lust for bashing of the administration without the information is no different than the unsubstantiated criminal claims against bubu. You are making claims and allegations that you can't substantiate. The bravado has earned you an "atta boy". Your claims and accusations are implicating people of malfeasance that you are unable to substantiate.
    3- Bubu's actions led to his suspension/exclusion from team activities. He plainly violated team, university, & ncaa rules, as well as the law which exposed him to a rather unfortunate unsubstantiated criminal charge leading to his suspension.
    4-I am 100% certain Leath and pollard didn't force the alcohol or thc into Bubu's system. His impaired staus eroded his decision making and found him acting in a manner that is not consistent with university policy.
    5-Clearly bubu was not nearly as committed to the team and meaningful participation until it was found he was no longer fit to be an isu representative. This begs the question: when did bubu decide that basketball was so important? Clearly after he got drunk, high, and engaged in questionable decisions, but when? What changed? This is clearly Leath's fault and Pollard is only parroting his boss. Do I have your position down?
    6-I have yet to find any useful condemnation from you admonishing Bubu for damaging himself, the university, or his teammates. Let me guess you are going to blame Leath.
    I am not certain that what you think is certain is certain.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 536
    Given: 342

Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    A civil suit against Iowa State won't produce any money for Bubu, but could do major damage.
    And maybe the administration will act more smart the next time.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 221

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I am not certain that what you think is certain is certain.
    I'm not sure you are following.

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 899

Quote Originally Posted by Cychotiic View Post
    Why does everyone spew this ******** about him not playing. Fred made comments that suggested he may start. You look like an idiot saying things like this and only other idiots agree with you.
    He may have, but I'm glad he didn't. I don't think we would have seen Morris grow as much as he did as a freshman. I'm perfectly content with that. Morris is at least ten times the player bubu ever could have been, and he's only going to be a sophomore.

And you know, that could have been coaches speech too. Just a possibility.

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    He may have, but I'm glad he didn't. I don't think we would have seen Morris grow as much as he did as a freshman. I'm perfectly content with that. Morris is at least ten times the player bubu ever could have been, and he's only going to be a sophomore
    Thank you.. Very happy Morris made the great strides he did...and it was DeAndre mentoring him. Bubu taking his minutes would of been a disaster

hopefully we can put Bubu threads to bed forever.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 750
    Given: 3,005

Closed pending mod review after about 40 pages of personal attacks.

M 7/09