Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 13

Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

Be careful, we are starting to sound like Tavern Hoks with all the complaining about the seeds and locations we receive in the NCAA.

I look forward to next season and don't have a clue on what the 'style' of next year's team will be...Fred will figure it out.

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Playing UCONN or Nova in their back yard? Played Ohio State in their backyard last year. Played Kentucky in their backyard the year prior to that. Got a #2 seed in 2001 and got shipped off to freaking Boise... thanks for keeping them close to home on that one. 2000 they got to play Michigan State in freaking Detroit? They might as well have played that game at the Breslin Center.

FYI... Wichita State was the weakest #1 seed not Virginia. I would challenge you on getting the weakest #2 seed as well. The weakest #2 seed was Kansas with the loss of Embiid. With Embiid sidelined Kansas went 3-4 in their last 7 games. Villanova was at full strength heading into the tournament and while they weren't a better team then Kansas for the entire year they were definitely in better shape heading into the NCAA Tournament then Kansas was.

I guess im not following your complaint......the highest seed in their pod got some regional advantage as to where they played.

I mean you could make the same "complaint" if Villanova made it instead of UCONN i suppose.

It ended up being a bad deal.....but the regional advantage was hypothetically for the 2 seed Villanova, not some conspiracy in the chance the 7 seed wins. I dunno

Addict
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 352
    Given: 90

Quote Originally Posted by nfrine View Post
    Be careful, we are starting to sound like Tavern Hoks with all the complaining about the seeds and locations we receive in the NCAA.

I look forward to next season and don't have a clue on what the 'style' of next year's team will be...Fred will figure it out.
    what are they complaining about, their seed got them an auto-matic National Runner Up designation.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 212

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    And why is that? I can't wait for ISU to be a 7-seed and play in Omaha. Oh, and then there is the fact we easily should have been a 2 seed.
    Your opinion doesn't make it a fact. If we would have played Villanova or Virginia at MSG would you have complained? Give UCONN credit for beating a higher seed. Some of you sound like Baylor fans complaining about the Big 12 tournament being in KC.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 447
    Given: 975

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Kentucky and Ohio State were a 1 and two seed respectively. The locations for high seeds are often quite favorable in the first two rounds. The committee didn't treat ISU any different than any other school in those cases. As far as this year goes, we got a great region. With Niang, we were as good or better than any other team in there. Also, UCONN was a 7 seed. had they played to their seed, they wouldn't have had a shot at MSG, and a "home game." You can't blame the committee for not being able to guess that they would have made it that far.

You're really reaching with this.
    How far is it from NYC to Philly? How far is it from NYC to Connecticut? It isn't a reach at all.

Do you think it is a reach that Kentucky and Louisville were both put in a region with the weakest #1 seed Wichita State where they would meet in Indy if they made the Sweet 16? It's a short drive for both schools to Indy and it was not a coincidence that the bracket was set up that way.

Rookie
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by nfrine View Post

Locations and seeds don't matter all that much. Didn't matter when Stanford played Kansas or when Kentucky played WSU.

Of course, I wouldn't complain about a Final Four in Kansas City someday (as long as we get there and Kansas doesn't).

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by ISUTex View Post
    Locations and seeds don't matter all that much. Didn't matter when Stanford played Kansas or when Kentucky played WSU.

Of course, I wouldn't complain about a Final Four in Kansas City someday (as long as we get there and Kansas doesn't).
    I know what you are saying about a FF in KC- Sprint Center and everything around it would be phenomenal! However, it seems that from here on out the FF will only be played in domes or indoor stadiums, which KC does not have. The last FF that was not in a dome/indoor stadium was in 1996. The closest the FF will ever get to Ames, Iowa will be Minneapolis in the new Vikings Stadium, IMO.

Last edited by cyinne; 04-01-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 65

Playing UCONN or Nova in their back yard? Played Ohio State in their backyard last year. Played Kentucky in their backyard the year prior to that. Got a #2 seed in 2001 and got shipped off to freaking Boise... thanks for keeping them close to home on that one. 2000 they got to play Michigan State in freaking Detroit? They might as well have played that game at the Breslin Center.

FYI... Wichita State was the weakest #1 seed not Virginia. I would challenge you on getting the weakest #2 seed as well. The weakest #2 seed was Kansas with the loss of Embiid. With Embiid sidelined Kansas went 3-4 in their last 7 games. Villanova was at full strength heading into the tournament and while they weren't a better team then Kansas for the entire year they were definitely in better shape heading into the NCAA Tournament then Kansas was.
    Iowa State #3 seed.... UCONN #7 seed...it lucked out like that...you think the committee members foresaw them beating #2 seed Nova?? Come on man...get over the "we played in their back yard as an excuse." The earlier years I can see as unfortunate, but continue to say that we got absolutely hosed this year based on location is asinine.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Kentucky and Ohio State were a 1 and two seed respectively. The locations for high seeds are often quite favorable in the first two rounds. The committee didn't treat ISU any different than any other school in those cases. As far as this year goes, we got a great region. With Niang, we were as good or better than any other team in there. Also, UCONN was a 7 seed. had they played to their seed, they wouldn't have had a shot at MSG, and a "home game." You can't blame the committee for not being able to guess that they would have made it that far.

You're really reaching with this.
    I'd call it bad luck, not getting screwed.

Starter
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23

So this Dejean-Jones kid ehh?

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,801
    Given: 170

How far is it from NYC to Philly? How far is it from NYC to Connecticut? It isn't a reach at all.

Do you think it is a reach that Kentucky and Louisville were both put in a region with the weakest #1 seed Wichita State where they would meet in Indy if they made the Sweet 16? It's a short drive for both schools to Indy and it was not a coincidence that the bracket was set up that way.
    Kentucky had to play two teams in their backyards, before they ever could get a shot at Indianapolis. Louisville had to play through Orlando to get there.

But forget all of that. How does Kentucky or Louisville's selection for a potential local matchup in the sweet 16 equate to the committee screwing ISU?

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 11

I want to understand this correctly. We got screwed because the NCAA selection committee did not rule out all potential geographical bias in allowing UCONN to be in the east bracket? Let's look at the top 8 seeds in our bracket-- UVA, Villanova, us, Michigan State, Cincy, North Carolina, UCONN, Memphis. Where do you propose you play a game in the East bracket that wouldn't, potentially, give a team a geographical edge? Play the East bracket in San Diego or something?

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,851
    Given: 1,218

I'm not sure how the conversation shifted to seeding, but do you honestly think that the selection committee set out to deliberately screw Iowa State?

In 2000, did Auburn complain about having to play us in Minneapolis? Did UCLA complain about having to play us in Detroit?

In 2001, we were closer to Boise than any of the other teams playing there, and it would have been a hike for any of the #2 seeds that year. If we'd advanced, the only team in that entire region closer to Anaheim was the #1 seed (Stanford), and they deserve to play closer to home than the #2 seed.

This is not something worth complaining about.

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 990
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 56

Fun fact. Georges Niang and Monte Morris are following this dude on twitter

Prospect
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Why did this turn into a seeding talk? Who gives a rip about our past seeding. Let's sign BDJ!