Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 969
  1. #286
    All-Star
    Points: 29,933, Level: 53
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 917
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,067
    Points
    29,933
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 9

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Be careful, we are starting to sound like Tavern Hoks with all the complaining about the seeds and locations we receive in the NCAA.

    I look forward to next season and don't have a clue on what the 'style' of next year's team will be...Fred will figure it out.



  2. #287
    All-Star
    Points: 27,620, Level: 51
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,030
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,163
    Points
    27,620
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 48

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Playing UCONN or Nova in their back yard? Played Ohio State in their backyard last year. Played Kentucky in their backyard the year prior to that. Got a #2 seed in 2001 and got shipped off to freaking Boise... thanks for keeping them close to home on that one. 2000 they got to play Michigan State in freaking Detroit? They might as well have played that game at the Breslin Center.

    FYI... Wichita State was the weakest #1 seed not Virginia. I would challenge you on getting the weakest #2 seed as well. The weakest #2 seed was Kansas with the loss of Embiid. With Embiid sidelined Kansas went 3-4 in their last 7 games. Villanova was at full strength heading into the tournament and while they weren't a better team then Kansas for the entire year they were definitely in better shape heading into the NCAA Tournament then Kansas was.

    I guess im not following your complaint......the highest seed in their pod got some regional advantage as to where they played.

    I mean you could make the same "complaint" if Villanova made it instead of UCONN i suppose.

    It ended up being a bad deal.....but the regional advantage was hypothetically for the 2 seed Villanova, not some conspiracy in the chance the 7 seed wins. I dunno



  3. #288
    Addict
    Points: 65,877, Level: 79
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,129
    Points
    65,877
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 40

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by nfrine View Post
    Be careful, we are starting to sound like Tavern Hoks with all the complaining about the seeds and locations we receive in the NCAA.

    I look forward to next season and don't have a clue on what the 'style' of next year's team will be...Fred will figure it out.
    what are they complaining about, their seed got them an auto-matic National Runner Up designation.



  4. #289
    Starter
    Points: 16,491, Level: 39
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 759
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    861
    Points
    16,491
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 104

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    And why is that? I can't wait for ISU to be a 7-seed and play in Omaha. Oh, and then there is the fact we easily should have been a 2 seed.
    Your opinion doesn't make it a fact. If we would have played Villanova or Virginia at MSG would you have complained? Give UCONN credit for beating a higher seed. Some of you sound like Baylor fans complaining about the Big 12 tournament being in KC.



  5. #290
    Legend
    Points: 263,000, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,433
    Points
    263,000
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 559

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Kentucky and Ohio State were a 1 and two seed respectively. The locations for high seeds are often quite favorable in the first two rounds. The committee didn't treat ISU any different than any other school in those cases. As far as this year goes, we got a great region. With Niang, we were as good or better than any other team in there. Also, UCONN was a 7 seed. had they played to their seed, they wouldn't have had a shot at MSG, and a "home game." You can't blame the committee for not being able to guess that they would have made it that far.

    You're really reaching with this.
    How far is it from NYC to Philly? How far is it from NYC to Connecticut? It isn't a reach at all.

    Do you think it is a reach that Kentucky and Louisville were both put in a region with the weakest #1 seed Wichita State where they would meet in Indy if they made the Sweet 16? It's a short drive for both schools to Indy and it was not a coincidence that the bracket was set up that way.



  6. #291
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,715, Level: 24
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rural U.S.A.
    Posts
    265
    Points
    6,715
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 0

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by nfrine View Post
    Be careful, we are starting to sound like Tavern Hoks with all the complaining about the seeds and locations we receive in the NCAA.

    I look forward to next season and don't have a clue on what the 'style' of next year's team will be...Fred will figure it out.
    Locations and seeds don't matter all that much. Didn't matter when Stanford played Kansas or when Kentucky played WSU.

    Of course, I wouldn't complain about a Final Four in Kansas City someday (as long as we get there and Kansas doesn't).



  7. #292
    All-Star
    Points: 22,790, Level: 46
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyinne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,020
    Points
    22,790
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 14

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUTex View Post
    Locations and seeds don't matter all that much. Didn't matter when Stanford played Kansas or when Kentucky played WSU.

    Of course, I wouldn't complain about a Final Four in Kansas City someday (as long as we get there and Kansas doesn't).
    I know what you are saying about a FF in KC- Sprint Center and everything around it would be phenomenal! However, it seems that from here on out the FF will only be played in domes or indoor stadiums, which KC does not have. The last FF that was not in a dome/indoor stadium was in 1996. The closest the FF will ever get to Ames, Iowa will be Minneapolis in the new Vikings Stadium, IMO.


    Last edited by cyinne; 04-01-2014 at 02:35 PM.

  8. #293
    Rookie
    Points: 4,309, Level: 19
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    4theCYcle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    519
    Points
    4,309
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 34

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Playing UCONN or Nova in their back yard? Played Ohio State in their backyard last year. Played Kentucky in their backyard the year prior to that. Got a #2 seed in 2001 and got shipped off to freaking Boise... thanks for keeping them close to home on that one. 2000 they got to play Michigan State in freaking Detroit? They might as well have played that game at the Breslin Center.

    FYI... Wichita State was the weakest #1 seed not Virginia. I would challenge you on getting the weakest #2 seed as well. The weakest #2 seed was Kansas with the loss of Embiid. With Embiid sidelined Kansas went 3-4 in their last 7 games. Villanova was at full strength heading into the tournament and while they weren't a better team then Kansas for the entire year they were definitely in better shape heading into the NCAA Tournament then Kansas was.
    Iowa State #3 seed.... UCONN #7 seed...it lucked out like that...you think the committee members foresaw them beating #2 seed Nova?? Come on man...get over the "we played in their back yard as an excuse." The earlier years I can see as unfortunate, but continue to say that we got absolutely hosed this year based on location is asinine.



  9. #294
    Addict
    Points: 180,261, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    9,875
    Points
    180,261
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 101

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Kentucky and Ohio State were a 1 and two seed respectively. The locations for high seeds are often quite favorable in the first two rounds. The committee didn't treat ISU any different than any other school in those cases. As far as this year goes, we got a great region. With Niang, we were as good or better than any other team in there. Also, UCONN was a 7 seed. had they played to their seed, they wouldn't have had a shot at MSG, and a "home game." You can't blame the committee for not being able to guess that they would have made it that far.

    You're really reaching with this.
    I'd call it bad luck, not getting screwed.



  10. #295
    Starter
    Points: 19,143, Level: 42
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CY9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    817
    Points
    19,143
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    So this Dejean-Jones kid ehh?



  11. #296
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 592,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,918
    Points
    592,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 995
    Given: 83

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    How far is it from NYC to Philly? How far is it from NYC to Connecticut? It isn't a reach at all.

    Do you think it is a reach that Kentucky and Louisville were both put in a region with the weakest #1 seed Wichita State where they would meet in Indy if they made the Sweet 16? It's a short drive for both schools to Indy and it was not a coincidence that the bracket was set up that way.
    Kentucky had to play two teams in their backyards, before they ever could get a shot at Indianapolis. Louisville had to play through Orlando to get there.

    But forget all of that. How does Kentucky or Louisville's selection for a potential local matchup in the sweet 16 equate to the committee screwing ISU?


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  12. #297
    Addict
    Points: 153,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,488
    Points
    153,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 428
    Given: 5

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    I want to understand this correctly. We got screwed because the NCAA selection committee did not rule out all potential geographical bias in allowing UCONN to be in the east bracket? Let's look at the top 8 seeds in our bracket-- UVA, Villanova, us, Michigan State, Cincy, North Carolina, UCONN, Memphis. Where do you propose you play a game in the East bracket that wouldn't, potentially, give a team a geographical edge? Play the East bracket in San Diego or something?



  13. #298
    Starter
    Points: 16,898, Level: 39
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    roundball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    826
    Points
    16,898
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 132

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Playing UCONN or Nova in their back yard? Played Ohio State in their backyard last year. Played Kentucky in their backyard the year prior to that. Got a #2 seed in 2001 and got shipped off to freaking Boise... thanks for keeping them close to home on that one. 2000 they got to play Michigan State in freaking Detroit? They might as well have played that game at the Breslin Center.

    FYI... Wichita State was the weakest #1 seed not Virginia. I would challenge you on getting the weakest #2 seed as well. The weakest #2 seed was Kansas with the loss of Embiid. With Embiid sidelined Kansas went 3-4 in their last 7 games. Villanova was at full strength heading into the tournament and while they weren't a better team then Kansas for the entire year they were definitely in better shape heading into the NCAA Tournament then Kansas was.
    I'm not sure how the conversation shifted to seeding, but do you honestly think that the selection committee set out to deliberately screw Iowa State?

    In 2000, did Auburn complain about having to play us in Minneapolis? Did UCLA complain about having to play us in Detroit?

    In 2001, we were closer to Boise than any of the other teams playing there, and it would have been a hike for any of the #2 seeds that year. If we'd advanced, the only team in that entire region closer to Anaheim was the #1 seed (Stanford), and they deserve to play closer to home than the #2 seed.

    This is not something worth complaining about.



  14. #299
    All-Star
    Points: 37,012, Level: 59
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    iacyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dirty Dodge
    Posts
    1,963
    Points
    37,012
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 31

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Fun fact. Georges Niang and Monte Morris are following this dude on twitter



  15. #300
    Prospect
    Points: 2,688, Level: 14
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    34
    Points
    2,688
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones

    Why did this turn into a seeding talk? Who gives a rip about our past seeding. Let's sign BDJ!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM