Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 14,223, Level: 36
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    504
    Points
    14,223
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    Is today the deadline for joining/renewing Cyclone Club memberships for football benefits?

    If so, what was the parking situation last year? Due to having small children, I let my football tickets and Cyclone Club donation expire a couple years ago. I am looking to start again. I know the minimum donation to get into a paved parking lot is $500, but just wondered whether everyone at that level actually got a parking pass in a paved lot.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 181,932, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,059
    Points
    181,932
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 136

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    Yes, today is the last day. $500 level has always gotten me into paved but I can't say for certain everyone does. My guess would be yes. And if you get G6 and I get a paved lot I would be willing to make a deal.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 186,209, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,449
    Points
    186,209
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 428

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    I called to get where i rank on the list of 500 donors. I felt confident after knowing that.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 14,223, Level: 36
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    504
    Points
    14,223
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    I am not as confident, since I didn't donate last year. So I think I lost all my previous points I had built up?



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 63,427, Level: 78
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,423
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,808
    Points
    63,427
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 195

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    If you are new at the $500 level you will likely be in G6 unless there is a significant dropoff in renewals. We were in G6 last year and actually liked it, lots of green space nearby for kids to play.



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 11,486, Level: 32
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    533
    Points
    11,486
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    I donate at the Gold Level (above $1,000) and have for about 5 years. We are now located in S4. I think you will need to donate at least $100 to be guaranteed a spot in a paved lot.



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 14,223, Level: 36
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    504
    Points
    14,223
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    I suppose but I know it can get muddy out there if there's much rain.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 91,615, Level: 94
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,535
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,456
    Points
    91,615
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 159

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    Why do you want paved parking? My group has always qualified for a paved donor spot, but have never taken advantage of it. I've never seen any good reason to go that route and anytime I posed the question here, no one is very convincing. Instead, we always grab a general parking spot in the grass lots along S 16th St. This provides us several advantages IMO over paved parking options.

    1) You’re not stuck in the congestion post-game to the extent that you are on the paved lots.
    2) It is a lot cooler on grass during the early season tailgating
    3) You generally have more room to tailgate
    4) You can drive in with several vehicles and thus secure several spots together for group tailgating
    5) Often get to meet fans from other schools that are tailgating nearby

    Unless you’re right next to the stadium, donor lots are way overrated IMO.


    CCG

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 14,223, Level: 36
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    504
    Points
    14,223
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    I think we just like not having to worry about mud, shorter walk, and not having to cross Elwood/University.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 452,874, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,754
    Points
    452,874
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 39

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    Why do you want paved parking? My group has always qualified for a paved donor spot, but have never taken advantage of it. I've never seen any good reason to go that route and anytime I posed the question here, no one is very convincing. Instead, we always grab a general parking spot in the grass lots along S 16th St. This provides us several advantages IMO over paved parking options.

    1) You’re not stuck in the congestion post-game to the extent that you are on the paved lots.
    2) It is a lot cooler on grass during the early season tailgating
    3) You generally have more room to tailgate
    4) You can drive in with several vehicles and thus secure several spots together for group tailgating
    5) Often get to meet fans from other schools that are tailgating nearby

    Unless you’re right next to the stadium, donor lots are way overrated IMO.
    Let me know how that goes for you when it rains.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 409,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,369
    Points
    409,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 470
    Given: 205

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by rochclone View Post
    I donate at the Gold Level (above $1,000) and have for about 5 years. We are now located in S4. I think you will need to donate at least $100 to be guaranteed a spot in a paved lot.
    Gold barely gets you into S4 as well.. Might require 2500 this year, and when the SEZ gets done that might be a $5k lot if it still exists.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 11,168, Level: 31
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    westlbcyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Liberty
    Posts
    712
    Points
    11,168
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    I've been a gold donor for 3 years, I had been in S4 (which was awesome) but last year got bumped to C4. If you don't come with a group of people you know, and don't care if you park right next to the same people every time, the paved lots are great. Also, if you are patient and wait about 45 minutes after the game, getting out of the donor lots is a breeze. I know that may not be easy with small children, but just let them throw the ball around a little longer after the game gets over and traffic clears out easily.


    Cyclone in the heart of enemy territory

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 91,615, Level: 94
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,535
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,456
    Points
    91,615
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 159

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    Let me know how that goes for you when it rains.
    Seriously? How often do you think that has been an issue for us in the 10+ yrs we've done the grass lots? Considering the 5 advantages I listed, that should be such a low concern it should barely equate into a person's decision making process.

    Someone else mentioned the distance of the walk - it is really not that much longer than some of the paved lots. In the end, what do you need that extra 3-5 minutes for? Get to your car and wait behind the congestion sooner?

    Again, unless you are right up against Jack Trice, the concept of "donor lots" is really an advantage in name only.


    CCG

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 91,615, Level: 94
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,535
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,456
    Points
    91,615
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 159

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff0514 View Post
    I think we just like not having to worry about mud, shorter walk, and not having to cross Elwood/University.
    I've addressed the first two issues in my other comment and to the third, there is a crossing guard stationed before and after the game. Another, non-issue in reality.

    Seriously, try the grass lots for a season, I thnk you'll be pleasantly surprised. That first game you're able to park three vehicle side-by-side and enjoy bags on the grass, you'll join many of us that won't go back to paved lots anytime soon.


    CCG

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 16,802, Level: 39
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Nuts4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    577
    Points
    16,802
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 79

    Re: Cyclone Club Memberships - Football Benefits / Paved Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    Seriously? How often do you think that has been an issue for us in the 10+ yrs we've done the grass lots? Considering the 5 advantages I listed, that should be such a low concern it should barely equate into a person's decision making process.

    Someone else mentioned the distance of the walk - it is really not that much longer than some of the paved lots. In the end, what do you need that extra 3-5 minutes for? Get to your car and wait behind the congestion sooner?

    Again, unless you are right up against Jack Trice, the concept of "donor lots" is really an advantage in name only.
    In 1994 not only did we NOT win a game, but it rain/snowed for every home game that entire season. No joke.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM