Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 692
    Given: 1,038

Re: game worn jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    I really don't know if an athlete could sell their unis after they graduate or if that would be seen as an impermissable benefit. I'll poke around online later today and research. I do know that Kansas was punished when boosters sent graduation gifts to players after they graduated from KU. Roy Williams thought it was OK because they had exhausted their eligibility but it was not. I don't see this as any different. A booster could agree to pay a guy $50,000 for a pair shoes once he graduates. The equipment wasn't purchased by the athlete so it's technically not "his". Sounds like a violation in the NCAA world to me.
    Like I said above, once a athlete has exhausted eligibility they can do whatever they please with the items they received from the school/NCAA. Article 12 of the NCAA bylaws talks about amatuerism and Article 12.5 specifically addresses Promotional Activities. There is nothing that talks about rule after a athlete exhausts their eligibility because 1) it is impossible to police and 2) the athlete is no longer subject to NCAA rules.

If I want to sell my football jerseys, bowl rings, game balls, bowl swag or helmet there is nothing the NCAA can do to me or ISU.

The situation you mentioned above is given as an example in the bylaws of something that would be illegal because it could be viewed as a prearrangement since it is highly unlikely the FMV of a pair of shoes is $50,000.

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 720

Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    Like I said above, once a athlete has exhausted eligibility they can do whatever they please with the items they received from the school/NCAA. Article 12 of the NCAA bylaws talks about amatuerism and Article 12.5 specifically addresses Promotional Activities. There is nothing that talks about rule after a athlete exhausts their eligibility because 1) it is impossible to police and 2) the athlete is no longer subject to NCAA rules.

If I want to sell my football jerseys, bowl rings, game balls, bowl swag or helmet there is nothing the NCAA can do to me or ISU.

The situation you mentioned above is given as an example in the bylaws of something that would be illegal because it could be viewed as a prearrangement since it is highly unlikely the FMV of a pair of shoes is $50,000.
    Psh, like YOU would know anything about this topic....

Starter
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    I really don't know if an athlete could sell their unis after they graduate or if that would be seen as an impermissable benefit. I'll poke around online later today and research. I do know that Kansas was punished when boosters sent graduation gifts to players after they graduated from KU. Roy Williams thought it was OK because they had exhausted their eligibility but it was not. I don't see this as any different. A booster could agree to pay a guy $50,000 for a pair shoes once he graduates. The equipment wasn't purchased by the athlete so it's technically not "his". Sounds like a violation in the NCAA world to me.
    It's completely legal. I doubt the situation you described above is but that's not the type of deal we are talking about.

Pro
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    Considering I paid ~400 for a cyclone jersey on an NFL roster I thought i was a bit high. Would love to chat with one of them. PM me.
    Ejim actually is really good at replying on fb

Addict
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,426
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 854
    Given: 533

Quote Originally Posted by cyclones12321 View Post
    Ejim actually is really good at replying on fb
    thats kind of creepy! i'm like 10 years older than him. maybe my wife can give him the ol' Tharpe treatment

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,024
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 44

If anyone has a hook-up on a gold jersey from this season or last season (Cyclones on front), PM me. Any player on the team, doesn't matter to me, just want one to go with my Jack Trice throwback at my bar.