Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 69

Re: Dorsey-Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    Gibson is not playing because his freshman year he had one move, fake right, go up on the left. That was his only move. And that is still his only move, and teams know that.
    Unless UCONN goes to film from 2 years ago, I doubt they know that.

I watched a lot of Cyclone basketball this year(probably 90% of all games) and I can barely remember him in more than a couple games in the final minute. Sucks, because they could use a little production on the offensive end of the court Friday night just to give UConn something else to worry about.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,639
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 130

This thread is terrible.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 69

Quote Originally Posted by Cyientist View Post
    In the dark days of cyclone basketball SDW would have been forced to play a significant role already, I'm glad we have the luxury to develop guys like him now.
    I didn't watch much garbage time Cyclone basketball so i saw very little of SDW. I get the impression here that if SDW was playing a bigger role, on occasion his athletic ability could lead to him having some solid nights. And then a decent amount of not so good production as well.

I do remember watching Naz last year. He looked like a wild and out of control player last year that seemed like he needed to either slow himself down, or the game was too fast for him. Total 180 degree transformation this year.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Walk On
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Will somebody explain to me what SDW has EVER done to make you think he is going to be so good? I personally don't see him ever starting. CCL does not count one bit.

I am not trying to be negative I am honestly wondering. I hope he does turn into the player you all think he is going to be I just don't have any evidence to suggest that.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 20

Not that he's the same style of player that Naz Long is, but I would say his playing time this year was similar to what we saw from Naz last year. Obviously, Naz has turned into a key role player off the bench this year and I could see a similar jump in PT for SDW next year. I wouldn't worry about his "position" on the floor next year, this is Hoiball after all and Fred will play his guys all over the place.

He's definitely shown flashes of skill on offense with his ability to slash to the basket and hit jumpers. Physically he is much more prepared for the grind of the Big XII. Dude has put on some serious muscle from last year when he looked like a twig.

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 731

It will be nice for SDW to develop more in the off-season and contribute more minutes in the early part of the year, get in a groove. I don't think he was ready for the tough pre-season schedule we played. I think he will be next year, I think the Naz comparison is fair, he has now got the body to compete in the Big 12.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 274

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    If he transfers we will get another guy but probably better. Thats how this works with fred. Get used to it.
    It's posts like this that **** me off. Why do you always have to be that guy, Knownothing?

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy
    not because they are easy, but because they are hard ... because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win....

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,687
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 102

Quote Originally Posted by IlikeTornados View Post
    Will somebody explain to me what SDW has EVER done to make you think he is going to be so good? I personally don't see him ever starting. CCL does not count one bit.

I am not trying to be negative I am honestly wondering. I hope he does turn into the player you all think he is going to be I just don't have any evidence to suggest that.
    I would write, anecdotally at least, that Naz Long saw approximately the same number of game minutes, or a number pretty close to it, that SDW has seen this season. Look at just how much improvement Naz has made from last season to this year, and look at how his minutes have increased exponentially.

IMO, I think Naz Long's improvement from last season to this season is Exhibit A for why a player should be patient, keep on working hard at developing his game, and make good things happen instead of transferring in search of more playing time. Sometimes delayed gratification is the best kind of gratification.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,639
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 130

Quote Originally Posted by klamath632 View Post
    It's posts like this that **** me off. Why do you always have to be that guy, Knownothing?
    This. Some people are just clueless.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 0

He looks like he has more raw athletic ability than most of our starting five.

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 121

When he's been in he's played solid defense. He was ranked relatively highly and has a good amount of athletic ability. I believe some have also said he's a solid shooter, although based on what we've seen of him he is certainly capable of taking the ball to the hoop.

Pro
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,107
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 3

Fact is there are only so many minutes in a game and for SDW to get minutes someone else has to sit. This board can speculate till you are blue in the face but for guys like Gibson and Dorsey-Walker to get PT they have to be willing to take it. Cold hard fact is winning is about refusing to accept defeat. Those are the guys Fred puts on the floor.

Let Me Mayor Coach!

All-Star
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,261
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 63

Because he has the size, athletic ability, had good offers, Michigan recruited him to play PG, he was a Rivals 150 player. The main one for me is he redshirted and CFH says he has a bright future. You don't redshirt someone that doesn't have any potential. I don't think he'll ever be a starter either but I think he'll get good minutes if he develops in a way people have projected. It's a wait and see game with SDW. Nobody knows if he's good enough yet or not so the best approach in my opinion is to sit in between the crowd that says he will play a lot and the crowd that says he's never going to make the rotation.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,179
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 270

Funny. You could have said the exact same thing about Naz last year. Give our coaches some credit. They have shown they can develop players.

Rookie
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 11

Literally could have said the exact same thing about Naz last year. Dont doubt Hoiball, ever.