Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: UConn fans take on Friday night

Shouldn't be any hok fans trolling this deep into an ISU-uConn sweet 16 thread

Are you ******* with me kid?!?!

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 867
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 4

**** UConn and their 3rd tier College ... They are now in a 3rd tier conference and they are going to get Rick Rolled on Friday.

Prospect
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

I figured KState would be the answer for my rock fight question as they really struggle at times to put the ball in the basket so them winning that games is a mystery to me, even with the homecourt. (I think i had money on ISU that game)

Not sure if anyone here on the board is going to NYC, few tips.

Do NOT under any circumstances buy from scalpers. Pay the extra money on stub hub for piece of mind. Bumped into a few people at a bar back in 1999 who had just shelled out 200 for fakes and they were crushed. Same thing in 2011, these guys in front of me had tix that did NOT scan, felt bad for them even as Cuse fans.

Metro-North added trains out of CT, so I expect that area to be a mad house around 5 PM.

Millions of options for bars or restaurants and all will charge an arm and leg. Unless you get to flying puck or mustang sallys at 3 I would recommend finding a place 4 or 5 blocks away.

If you have any questions about the game or area shoot away. Use to skip high school classes back in the day even when UConn wasn't playing. They don't call it the mecca of basketball for nothing.

P.S. Who are we rooting for in the second game? None of us want to see Payne right?

Prospect
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneDaddy View Post
    **** UConn and their 3rd tier College ... They are now in a 3rd tier conference and they are going to get Rick Rolled on Friday.
    Before you make a comment like this you should probably try and make sure you rank ahead of UConn in the US News and World Report and not something like 40 spots behind.

In the words of Jim Calhoun "Get some facts and come back and see me"

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,014
    Given: 1,840

Re: A UCONN Fan's perspective

Quote Originally Posted by OkaForPrez View Post
    Did you see the Kane vs. Napier shot chart over on the yard? It's pretty interesting. Don't know if it originated here.

http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/...8/#post-898683
    That's awesome. I especially liked this post:

They're basically the Houston Rockets of the NCAA.
    And to answer the follow on questions, and ones raised in that thread:

- Yes, we will likely give Napier as many contested mid-range pull-up jumpers as he wants. We'd much rather he went 5-10 on 2s than 5-10 on 3s.
    - Yes, we will double the post - probably everytime someone catches the ball there. It doesn't sound like posting up is a big part of UConn's game though. More of a pick and roll / pick and pop team.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Tempo is going to play a big role in the outcome of this game. UConn plays slower than I expected, when you look at their stats.

We average just over 71 possessions a game (very fast).

UConn has had ZERO games with >71 possessions in regulation since the start of conference season.

We've had 6 games with fewer than 70 possessions:
    @TTU (won by 9)
    TTU (won by 6)
    @TCU (won by 11)
    @Baylor (lost by13)
    Baylor (won by 9)
    NCCU (won by 15)

UNC was a team that liked to play at the same pace as us, and was used to it, but we still beat them without Niang.

UConn is going to be in trouble if they try to run with us.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 1,201

Quote Originally Posted by DrewPap85 View Post
    I figured KState would be the answer for my rock fight question as they really struggle at times to put the ball in the basket so them winning that games is a mystery to me, even with the homecourt. (I think i had money on ISU that game)

Not sure if anyone here on the board is going to NYC, few tips.

Do NOT under any circumstances buy from scalpers. Pay the extra money on stub hub for piece of mind. Bumped into a few people at a bar back in 1999 who had just shelled out 200 for fakes and they were crushed. Same thing in 2011, these guys in front of me had tix that did NOT scan, felt bad for them even as Cuse fans.

Metro-North added trains out of CT, so I expect that area to be a mad house around 5 PM.

Millions of options for bars or restaurants and all will charge an arm and leg. Unless you get to flying puck or mustang sallys at 3 I would recommend finding a place 4 or 5 blocks away.

If you have any questions about the game or area shoot away. Use to skip high school classes back in the day even when UConn wasn't playing. They don't call it the mecca of basketball for nothing.

P.S. Who are we rooting for in the second game? None of us want to see Payne right?
    Well, I was saying that Virginia looked small on camera and that if Georges could get by their defense then he could have a really nice game. That's out the window at this point. I'd still rather play Virginia because I don't like the sound of playing Michigan State when we are down a major scoring option. I think I could tell you exactly how the MSU game would go should we win tomorrow, so I'd rather take my chances on Virginia

Recruit
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points7 days registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by fnclone View Post
    12-6 is the correct record.

BYU-W
    Michigan-W
    Hoks-W
    Baylor-2-1
    Oklahoma-1-1
    Kansas-1-2
    Ok state-2-0
    Texas-1-1
    K-state-2-1
    Missed K-State, my bad.

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 1,505

Virginia all the way. I don't want to see MSU.

Legend
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 600
    Given: 403

Quote Originally Posted by husky View Post
    Sounds like your success is measured during the regular season, Why would that be good enough ???... Ours is measured in the NCAA tournament if UCONN goes to the Elite 8 and Iowa State does not Uconn's season would be better than yours.. Unless your happy with regular season glory over tournament success..
    Well of course, every good team in a lousy mid-major conference builds their reputation on making post-season runs.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 823

Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    Virginia all the way. I don't want to see MSU.
    I'll take Michigan State. Virginia has some good big guys and they play grind it out games in the 40's and 50's. I like the Cyclones chances against another team that wants to try and get up and down the floor rather then a team that wants to turn the game into a girl's high school basketball game.

Legend
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,761
    Given: 3,041

KState was a different animal in the Polygon of Mild Discomfort this year. They averaged 72 points at home overall and 74 points in conference at home. Not stellar, but certainly respectable. Their D was about two full steps better at home as well. There is a reason they only lost two at home all season. One was their very first game when they were still figuring things out and were admittedly very bad and the second was their very last home game against a Baylor team that had finally figured out how good they could be. You saw in the Big 12 tournament how good Baylor was playing at that point. Even so, that game was a two point decision that came down to the wire.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 626
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 509
    Given: 2,243

I will not be rooting for the Big Ten, so I guess Virginia.

Prospect
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    Tempo is going to play a big role in the outcome of this game. UConn plays slower than I expected, when you look at their stats.

We average just over 71 possessions a game (very fast).

UConn has had ZERO games with >71 possessions in regulation since the start of conference season.

We've had 6 games with fewer than 70 possessions:
    @TTU (won by 9)
    TTU (won by 6)
    @TCU (won by 11)
    @Baylor (lost by13)
    Baylor (won by 9)
    NCCU (won by 15)

UNC was a team that liked to play at the same pace as us, and was used to it, but we still beat them without Niang.

UConn is going to be in trouble if they try to run with us.
    Good stuff here. It's hard to read into ISU's numbers minus Niang, but things like pace should only be drastically altered if a guard goes down.

From what I have gathered I think you guys are going to see Kromah our transfer from GW on Kane. No clue where that puts the rest of the pieces especially Brimah, as against smallish teams he would still just hang out in the middle and block shots while the guards played up on D and funneled things to him.

Kromah vs Kane will be a fun matchup. Kromah was in foul trouble the first game, but his second matchup against Kilpatrick he locked him up good.

It's funny to me that I'm worried about someone trying to get in a track meet with us. Growing up all UConn ever wanted was to get out and run with the likes of Ray, Rip, and Gordon.

Heck 15 years ago in this same round against your rivals I spent the whole day worrying about the wrestling match we were about to get in.

Fridays going to be fun.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Good stuff here. It's hard to read into ISU's numbers minus Niang, but things like pace should only be drastically altered if a guard goes down.

From what I have gathered I think you guys are going to see Kromah our transfer from GW on Kane. No clue where that puts the rest of the pieces especially Brimah, as against smallish teams he would still just hang out in the middle and block shots while the guards played up on D and funneled things to him.

Kromah vs Kane will be a fun matchup. Kromah was in foul trouble the first game, but his second matchup against Kilpatrick he locked him up good.

It's funny to me that I'm worried about someone trying to get in a track meet with us. Growing up all UConn ever wanted was to get out and run with the likes of Ray, Rip, and Gordon.

Heck 15 years ago in this same round against your rivals I spent the whole day worrying about the wrestling match we were about to get in.
    What are the chances you guys try a zone when Brimah is in the game? Did you zone much this year?
    I love it when teams (other than Baylor) zone us. If we do, watch for Kane in the high post (playing the Niang role).

When we go big with Edozie in the game, and if Kromah is on Kane, then that leaves either Napier or Boatright guarding Hogue. We don't run many plays through Hogue in the post, except when a little is on him, then they'll iso him in the post every time down the court.

That said, I bet a vast majority of the game is spent with Brimah and Edozie on the bench and a bunch of guards in the game. ISU usually forces teams to go small.

Who guards Kane when Kromah isn't in the game? Kromah has only averaged 22 mpg the last 10 games. Kane has averaged over 36. If Napier or Boatright are on Kane, he'll post up every time down the floor.