Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 1,127

Re: A UCONN Fan's perspective

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    Yea, hopefully it doesn't play like Kane at WVU did. I don't see it happening though. UConn fans won't be targeting Hogue all game like the WVU students did and Hogue's dirty work game shouldn't be as prone to getting rattled and forcing bad plays.
    That situation with Kane at WVU is very unique due to his history there. Win or lose, that won't happen again.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 523
    Given: 363

Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    That situation with Kane at WVU is very unique due to his history there. Win or lose, that won't happen again.
    Agree. As soon as Hogue rips down that first rebound it's going to be just another gym to him.

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,288
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 2

Am I mistaken but due to NCAA regulations and since it was a Monday game after a Saturday game ISU couldn't practice before the game in Morgantown?

Recruit
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points7 days registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    I picked up a great piece of info yesterday from a UCONN fan on here. Did you know that the Big East and the Big XII are relatively on the same level this year? Amazing insight right there. One of the top Big East teams just got absolutely hammered by the 7th place team in the Big XII. Tell me again how similar in strength these conferences are? I didn't see about 800 jimlads after his post so I assumed he had to be serious when he posted that.
    That was me, stand by it. We've gotten all the analysis out of the way. All the number crunching in the world can be summed up by the fact that Vegas has this as basically a pickem.

Its pretty clear that this board only wants smack from the visiting uconn fans.

Say how many rings does Deandre Kane have? Ah that's right he was in CUSA when Bazz was winning his first.

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 1,127

Quote Originally Posted by OkaForPrez View Post
    That was me, stand by it. We've gotten all the analysis out of the way. All the number crunching in the world can be summed up by the fact that Vegas has this as basically a pickem.

Say how many rings does Deandre Kane have? Ah that's right he was in CUSA when Bazz was winning his first.
    I don't know about you, but I'd actually like legitimate game talk. Don't let the few on both sides of the aisle change that.

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't know about you, but I'd actually like legitimate game talk. Don't let the few on both sides of the aisle change that.
    Search my post history, I've put a lot of game breakdown on here already. It's hard to find a space to have that conversation now, they all get dragged down pretty fast.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Search my post history, I've put a lot of game breakdown on here already. It's hard to find a space to have that conversation now, they all get dragged down pretty fast.
    What did you expect? Even Iowa has had the internet long enough to know that's what happens on message boards.

Legend
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 696

We tried that yesterday with this one. He is here looking to find some confidence heading into Friday night. He acts like he knows what he is talking about but lost all credibility when he said that the Big XII and the Big East are relatively of equal strength. The Big East isn't even close to being as good as the Big XII. Of course he wants to compare ISU to Villanova... you know since UCONN beat them to get to the Sweet 16. It's the same tired routine we see from hok fans on a regular basis only he doesn't execute his trolling with enough precision to make it effective.

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 414
    Given: 369

We tried that yesterday with this one. He is here looking to find some confidence heading into Friday night. He acts like he knows what he is talking about but lost all credibility when he said that the Big XII and the Big East are relatively of equal strength. The Big East isn't even close to being as good as the Big XII. Of course he wants to compare ISU to Villanova... you know since UCONN beat them to get to the Sweet 16. It's the same tired routine we see from hok fans on a regular basis only he doesn't execute his trolling with enough precision to make it effective.
    Well halk fans couldn't use it at the end of the year because they couldn't beat anyone.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

No, that logic totally makes sense. I mean, the reason I know we'll win this game is because we just beat UNC and UConn wasn't even good enough to get an invite to the ACC :)

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    What did you expect? Even Iowa has had the internet long enough to know that's what happens on message boards.
    Usually its the loud minority who drag things down, I legit get the sense that the majority of this board just want trash talk.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

You are at your home away from home. We have lost one of our most vital players during the round of 64, and yet it is still a pickem. I'm shocked were not a big underdog given those circumstances.

Last edited by mt85; 03-26-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Usually its the loud minority who drag things down, I legit get the sense that the majority of this board just want trash talk.
    I think you'd get more straight discussion if Georges was playing. Kind of hard to break down a team that's played one game, you know?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,162
    Given: 1,800

One thought here: the manifesto-length posts really lead to a lot of quick sarcasm. If you guys posted things like this, or maybe a small shade longer, they get more attention for the content. People aren't into reading long manifesto posts, especially if they get repetitive.

Also, we've been down a couple UConn roads before. Some of you guys are decent right now. Maybe you stay that way, maybe not. We pretty much know where this ends up.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I gave you tempo and opponent weight adjusted defensive statistics which showed parody between the two conference defensively. I never said the Big 12 was the Big East. In fact im pretty sure I said the Big 12 was far and away the best conference in the country this year.

As far as I've read this board over the last few days, UConn fans have been coming on, complimenting ISU talking about uconn in detail and using data to support their claims.

So much so in fact, that you guys have started to joke about us citing ken pom.

I take that as a compliment.