Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 324

Re: Anyone notice the twitter war between Gary Rima and Giggles? (Matt Perrault)

Quote Originally Posted by rhillary View Post
    Since this is tying into Creighton, I thought I would bring this up: why do Creighton fans still believe in Greg McDermott? I will admit that they have been decent, but imagine this: if I told you that next year Hoiberg would sign the BEST PLAYER in School history and that he would stick around for 4 years, we'd all be assuming numerous elite 8's in the next four years. This happens to fall into Greg's lap (I say this because it was his SON! He ain't recruiting another guy like that ever) and he has 0 sweet sixteen's and an average 3rd round margin of defeat of 20 points! Pretty bad performance considering having the best player in school history, and having him for 4 years. Just a thought that I haven't seen brought up much...
    They haven't yet had to bear the full weight of his, well, incompetence? Let's see how the next few years go without his All-American son playing for him.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 43

Re: Anyone notice the twitter war between Gary Rima and Giggles? (Matt Perrault)

Idk who these people are.

Pro
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 76

Since this is tying into Creighton, I thought I would bring this up: why do Creighton fans still believe in Greg McDermott? I will admit that they have been decent, but imagine this: if I told you that next year Hoiberg would sign the BEST PLAYER in School history and that he would stick around for 4 years, we'd all be assuming numerous elite 8's in the next four years. This happens to fall into Greg's lap (I say this because it was his SON! He ain't recruiting another guy like that ever) and he has 0 sweet sixteen's and an average 3rd round margin of defeat of 20 points! Pretty bad performance considering having the best player in school history, and having him for 4 years. Just a thought that I haven't seen brought up much...
    You do realize Creighton was in the Missouri Valley, right? And for the most part their recruiting will stay at a Missouri Valley Conference level rather than an old Big East level, and because of that it's not as much of an anticipation that they will go deep in the tournament.

Also, how do you know Greg isn't recruiting another guy like Doug? I'm sure Greg has recruited several three star players with zero offers from major conferences.

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 216
    Given: 173

Nothing to do with this, but there was a small twitter war between Ken Miller and Paul Clark that was mildly entertaining.

MillerandBrinson@MillerBrinson Mar 21
    See if you can spot the 4 @cyclonereport subscribers behind the bench.

Paul Clark@cyclonereport Mar 21
    @MillerBrinson Right next to the two Miller & Brinson listeners.

Legend
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 1,128

No way in hell would Dougy McBuckets be a top 5 all time scorer if he played 4 years in the Big12. Would he have been good, possibly. But if he was being coached by GMac at ISU they still wouldn't have won a damn thing.

Creighton will be, at best, an also ran in the Big East in the future. Even with the league being weaker now. They might still get to the tourney but never as high as a 3 seed again.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 425
    Given: 336

Quote Originally Posted by azepp View Post
    In all fairness, Gary was acting like a pretty big d-bag tweeting at him and taunting him while Creighton was getting their *** handed to them.

I have no doubt both were at fault....but just curious what Gary said? Couldn't find it.

@RandomGeoFacts

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 425
    Given: 336

I also agree I don't think Creighton ever gets a #3 seed again. Nova will stay strong. Marquette, georgetown, xavier, and butler will all always be tough outs.

@RandomGeoFacts

Addict
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 215

Also, I saw on Perrault's twitter that David Ubben posted something on twitter and had to delete it because it was an offensive term and he didn't know what it was until he read urban dictionary/people told him.

I'd like to know what that was haha

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

I will always remember Matt laughing on air about the hire of Fred....and the Godfather coming on the show and absolutely ripping giggles to shreds.

Carrying the banner for ISU.