Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 512

Re: Great threads at The Boneyard...UCONN message boards

Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    Are you an attorney? I don't care either way. But after reading your posts, I'm trying to figure you out. Well spoken. Easy to read your posts. And they aren't full of drama. Just mostly facts.

Good stuff.
    Wouldn't that and being an attorney be mutually exclusive?

Asteroids are nature's way of asking "How's that space program going?"

Addict
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by TykeClone View Post
    Wouldn't that and being an attorney be mutually exclusive?

Ha. Probably true.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by StratCY View Post
    Ya, sorry but that wont happen. They may try to scoop him up, but I truly think his only collegiate coaching job will be at ISU. He may go to the pros (hopefully in the far far far distant future), but I dont even think UK, UNC, Duke, 'Cuse, or any other blue bloods have a chance with him. Call me a homer.
    It seems a lot of elite programs (fans) have the attitude that they can/should get ANY coach they want. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think every college coach aspires to coach at KU. IIRC, ISU was the only coaching job Hoiberg wanted. It was either that, or continue his career in the NBA front office.

Recruit
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points7 days registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    Are you an attorney? I don't care either way. But after reading your posts, I'm trying to figure you out. Well spoken. Easy to read your posts. And they aren't full of drama. Just mostly facts.

Good stuff.
    Just logical to a fault. On Sammuel, he has quickly become one of my favorites on the team. Which is surprising because the Seniors on this team have rings and stayed through the darkest period of UConn Basketball in my lifetime. They will forever be remembered for their loyalty and the importance of stabilizing the program, reafirming the brand and establishing Ollie's credibility so that he can continue to recruit elite caliber players.

But the freshman say something about Ollie that goes beyond their talent level. Ollie has said since he came in the door that he recruits first for character, and our freshman have it in spades. I don't have the stats in front of me, but T-Sam hasn't played more than 100 meaningful minutes this conference and post season. But the kid gets put in the lineup against Nova and turns the game. He wasn't largely heralded, a 3 star kid, but you see his heart and fearlessness (that NYC stuff you can't measure) when he gets his chances.

Brimah is the same story. 3 star kid that nobody in d1 was recruiting. Didn't come up through the AAU circuit. Jeff Goodman isn't tweeting about him. But I was in Gampel (our smaller on campus gym) when he got into the first exhibition game of the season. He got out on the perimeter and challenged a shot flying out of bounds, got up, sprinted down the court past everyone, slammed home a dunk and sprinted back down the court for a block (he was whistled for a phantom foul). I texted everyone I knew who was a UConn basketball fan that we had found a diamond in the rough. Amida sprints down the floor after dead ball whistles to get back on defense like Sammy Sosa in and out of the dugout between innings. Our assistant coach Karl Hobbs compared Brimah's personality to his highschool teammate Patrick Ewing. He's a special player for his leadership and heart moreso than some of the athleticism you marvel at on the court (he was a Florida state finalist in the High Jump).

If these are the kinds of kids that Coach Ollie is going to be bringing in, I feel spoiled as a Uconn fan. We were so fortunate to have a hall of famer like Calhoun develop UConn into a national power. To follow him with Ollie feels greedy.

Recruit
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points7 days registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheMayor View Post
    It seems a lot of elite programs (fans) have the attitude that they can/should get ANY coach they want. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think every college coach aspires to coach at KU. IIRC, ISU was the only coaching job Hoiberg wanted. It was either that, or continue his career in the NBA front office.
    Man I need to put a disclaimer on that post that I don't see Hoiberg ever leaving Iowa State. You guys are a bit jumpy about that and rightfully so. You've got a winner.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheMayor View Post
    It's also the only high-major job he had any chance of landing, so it's not like he had much choice (and he clearly did not want to cut his teeth as an assistant).

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by benjay View Post
    It's also the only high-major job he had any chance of landing, so it's not like he had much choice (and he clearly did not want to cut his teeth as an assistant).
    I don't disagree with the sentiment, but I think it misses the point. It's not like he was unhappy with his NBA career. He wasn't trying to use the ISU job as means to an end. It wasn't about Hoiberg choosing ISU over other coaching paths, it was Hoiberg trying to land his dream job.

Pro
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,067
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 429
    Given: 562

Quote Originally Posted by OkaForPrez View Post
    Hard to fathom right? Look there isn't a more exciting style of play in college basketball than the one Iowa State plays. 3 balls and smash mouth rim runs, fast breaks galore. Hoiberg got my attention when he ran our dysfunctional team out of the gym in 2012. I've followed him and your team since.

If Uconn wasn't in the midst of a renaissance year, I'd be pulling for Iowa State big time, so there's no real reason to come in swinging. But before anyone get's me wrong, I'll be in the Garden on Friday as loud and obnoxious as I can muster. Because we're on a F'U' tour against the cartel that blew up our conference and put our program at risk. You guys just happen to be next in line.
    This sorta reminds me of our absolute hate of Texas for trying to do the same exact thing to the Big 12, while we were left with Baylor, Kansas State, and Kansas wondering what the hell was going to happen to our programs.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 89

Quote Originally Posted by OkaForPrez View Post
    Man I need to put a disclaimer on that post that I don't see Hoiberg ever leaving Iowa State. You guys are a bit jumpy about that and rightfully so. You've got a winner.
    I guess there were rumors of a CyFan sponsored nut cup because we have taken some hard kicks to the stones over the years. We all know what we have in Fred, but a lot of us have the "we are Iowa State" attitudes (myself included at times). That (Fred leaving for another school) would be arguably the biggest nut shot ever. Hes just such a great story and such a perfect fit for this university that we (or maybe just me) have to keep telling ourselves hes not going anywhere. It makes us feel better. I hope he stays here until his sons graduate from ISU as co-academic all americans, 1st team big 12, and co-big 12 MVPs. *crossing my fingers*

Prospect
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

Hello all, and hi Okafor and Storrsroars,

Mods- Thanks for activating.

I'm just here to talk some hoops, so don't push me down stairs and break my arm.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

The more I read about Uconn from OakForPrez the more saddened I get about the loss of Georges. The long athletic rim protectors have been a problem for us scoring in the paint. Georges has been the key for drawing the rim proctectors away from the basket. George could draw them out with his ability to hit the three, and he could take them to the basket with an uncanny ability to finish over them. I know I'm biased, but Georges is probably the most entertaining player in college basketball, and I miss watching him.

We really don't have a replacement for that without Georges. If Ejim moves to the five. He is capable of hitting the three, but he can't take someone to the basket with the effectiveness of Georges. Our ability to invert the offense is limited without Georges.

Deandre and Georges have been our facilitators. Hopefully Man Man or someone else can expand their role in that regard with the extra week of prep. I trust that Fred will have a good plan. These guys have proven to be fighters, and I won't bet against them.

Prospect
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 24

We need the Ejim who played at K-state to show up, the one who steals the ball and runs the floor for a dunk; than faces down the crowed as he runs back on D. He is so due for a big game and I hope it happens friday. It would be so sweet if he and houge go off and dominate the paint!

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones26 View Post
    This is all credible information. The Cy that was strong armed by the UConn jabroni is my biological brother. Going to have to keep him away from their mascot when we are at the Garden on Friday, he may be looking to get even, 'An Eye for an Eye' style.

Bless you boys, Cyclone sons of glory.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    It was the girl. Yes I remember
    Quote Originally Posted by colbycheese View Post
    If I remember correctly, the person in the Cy costume was a girl that night. Anybody else remember that?
    I just want to clear up that I NOT a girl

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 464
    Given: 143

Quote Originally Posted by cyman1189 View Post
    I just want to clear up that I NOT a girl
    Where you living in Akron? Just curious

My teams: (as of 6/15/14)
    Cleveland Browns: 4-12 - .250
    Cleveland Indians: 34-35 - .493
    Cleveland Cavs: 33-49 - .402
    Iowa State Cyclones (FB): 3-9 - .250
    Iowa State Cyclones (BB): 28-8 - .778

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by FredForever View Post
    We need the Ejim who played at K-state to show up, the one who steals the ball and runs the floor for a dunk; than faces down the crowed as he runs back on D. He is so due for a big game and I hope it happens friday. It would be so sweet if he and houge go off and dominate the paint!
    He did have 19 against UNC, but I know what you mean; one of those games where he has 18 and 11 at halftime.

I don't bring my own opinions, just attack others.