Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

Re: Which option would you perfer?

Quote Originally Posted by cloneswillwin View Post
    I know you don't answer these questions - probably wouldn't derail the thread if you defended ISU as well as you defend UNI and Iowa.

-Where do you sit for ISU wrestling meets? My guess is the only venue you visit frequently is the UNI dome, West Gym, Kinnick and Carver Hawkeye
    -How many ISU wrestling meets have you been to that doesn't involve UNI or Iowa? My guess is 0
    -bet you annual cyclone athletics donation is pretty large, my guess is its $0
    Keep searching for reasons to slight me or go after me instead of talking about wrestling. It's REALLY fun. It seems really hard to you to grasp that someone has an opposing viewpoint than yours; one that doesn't believe everything in the world is sunshine and rainbows all the time. Your questions have gotten to the point of being creepy but here goes--with the hopes that you will go back to points/counterpoints about wrestling instead of tearing into my personal life.

UNI is much closer to my home than Ames. My personal and financial situation doesn't allow me to get to Ames regularly for dual meets so I do what I can because I love the sport. I can't rationalize the cost of ISU season tickets between the cost/cost to travel/time away. Additionally, tickets are not on high demand so when I'm able to go I just buy them there. UNI season tickets are dirt cheap and they ensured a ticket to the ISU dual this season (it was a sellout). I don't think I have been to more than a couple duals at Carver over the years that weren't Iowa/ISU meets. I have been to many more dual meets at Hilton than at Carver. It isn't even close.

Finally, your rule that one has to be a big donor to ISU in order to be a fan is incredibly pompous and insulting. You don't know me and you don't get to know more about me than what I've posted. Good day. Enjoy the win over UNC as much as I am. %#$# you, Roy Williams.

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 19

Not hard to be top 10 every year. Yeah there is more competition than the 80s as far as good schools, and you aren't having the 2nd 3rd and 4th best wrestler at each weight content with riding the pine at Iowa just to get a cheap national title and not do anything. HOWEVER we are taking a lot of reaches that any sort of quality recruiting plan should be able to correct for. There are very fews Zs out there so we need to stop reaching. If we aren't pulling in every one of our recruits as guys that are at least top 20 at their weight we are going to remain middling (ranked 10-25 as a team is middling in wrestling, being outside of the top 25 as a team is not middling, it is bad). I'd hope we aren't blowing scholarships on guys that aren't ranked at all out of high school. Wrestling in College is more often than not a you got it or you don't thing, this isn't football.

Last edited by Cyclonetrombone; 03-23-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 19

That being said I'm actually proud of our team this year. Going in I was thinking 15th was their potential.

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 73

I would guess that Lelund and Quean got/get very little scholarship money. Bauer also.

I do think Finch and Cozart got big chunks

Walk On
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by NEICyFan View Post
    Keep searching for reasons to slight me or go after me instead of talking about wrestling. It's REALLY fun. It seems really hard to you to grasp that someone has an opposing viewpoint than yours; one that doesn't believe everything in the world is sunshine and rainbows all the time. Your questions have gotten to the point of being creepy but here goes--with the hopes that you will go back to points/counterpoints about wrestling instead of tearing into my personal life.

UNI is much closer to my home than Ames. My personal and financial situation doesn't allow me to get to Ames regularly for dual meets so I do what I can because I love the sport. I can't rationalize the cost of ISU season tickets between the cost/cost to travel/time away. Additionally, tickets are not on high demand so when I'm able to go I just buy them there. UNI season tickets are dirt cheap and they ensured a ticket to the ISU dual this season (it was a sellout). I don't think I have been to more than a couple duals at Carver over the years that weren't Iowa/ISU meets. I have been to many more dual meets at Hilton than at Carver. It isn't even close.

Finally, your rule that one has to be a big donor to ISU in order to be a fan is incredibly pompous and insulting. You don't know me and you don't get to know more about me than what I've posted. Good day. Enjoy the win over UNC as much as I am. %#$# you, Roy Williams.
    One thing i can assure you is I'm not a rainbows and sunshine fan, just a realistic one that has been been pretty dedicated to all ISU athletics and it's wrestling program for 30 years. If you look through my posts today I've agreed that Jackson hasn't done as well as what I've hoped, excuse time is over (said that multiple times), and I expect us to get back to where we've been in the past over the next couple years or Jackson has to go- a consistent top 10 team, frequent top 5 team and rarely competing for national championships.

Chile Mac is Back!
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 708

Re: Which option would you prefer?

Sorry, had to change the spelling in the title.

Walk On
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by NEICyFan View Post

Dude - just went through you posting history - You either have to be a Panther Hawk or the most miserable Cyclone fan ever. You defend the Panter Hawks every chance you get - arguing with Cyclone fans seems to be your past time. I have noticed your negative posts running down ISU wrestling and Football, over and over and over. If Judoka is a rainbows and sunshine fan your a **** and vinegar fan, if you are a Cyclone fan I think you'd be much happier being a Panther or Hawk fan. I for one would say ISU doesn't need your type of fan "support", and if there is any one on here doubting what I'm say please read this guys posting history, 80% reminding us how ISU is not good in wrestling or football, 15% defending Panther Hawks against Cyclone fan comments, 5% saying something good about ISU