Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

Looking to next year

We wrestled a good tourney but 12th is still 12th. I believe KJ will be in the last year of his contract and we should have an experienced team. Is there a minimum finish at the NCAAs that KJ needs to keep his job? And is that finish realistic? Thoughts?

My take is we need to finish top 5, recognizing that our best wrestlers will be seniors next year and we may drop back a bit the year following. Unfortunately, I don't think that it is realistic at this point. Just off the top of my head Iowa, OK State, PSU, Ohio State, Cornell, Nebraska, and Northwestern will bring back more points and be favored over us on paper. Gotta let it play out, though.

Walk On
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 191

Re: Looking to next year

Hey a hawk fan with "cy" in his name. It's like people don't know there's a history feature.

I'd probably worry more about your hawks descent and UNI's performance than Iowa State. You have shown that you don't like Iowa State wrestling, or Iowa State in general for that matter.

So please, run along back to hn, or hr, and commiserate with that group of fans that you're level of "class" is more in line with.

Bye bye now

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 58

Off the top of your head Iowa had to be the first team to mind? OF COURSE!

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 58

"My take is we need to finish top 5, recognizing that our best wrestlers will be seniors next year and we may drop back a bit the year following."Yes-I would also agree. You guys lose Tony Ramos, Ethen Lofthouse and Derek St. John...Next year's impact seniors will be Mike Evans, Josh Dziewa, Nick Moore and Bobby Telford. There will for sure be a drop off!

Rookie
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by NEICyFan View Post
    We wrestled a good tourney but 12th is still 12th. I believe KJ will be in the last year of his contract and we should have an experienced team. Is there a minimum finish at the NCAAs that KJ needs to keep his job? And is that finish realistic? Thoughts?

My take is we need to finish top 5, recognizing that our best wrestlers will be seniors next year and we may drop back a bit the year following. Unfortunately, I don't think that it is realistic at this point. Just off the top of my head Iowa, OK State, PSU, Ohio State, Cornell, Nebraska, and Northwestern will bring back more points and be favored over us on paper. Gotta let it play out, though.
    Dude- you sure keep trolling for something that is not there. No idea what next year brings. Personally, I don't see top 5 at ISU anytime soon but I hope like h*** I am wrong and we are!

I do hope for less wrestling trolls telling ISU fans what they should expect. Go back w/ the rest of your fanbase and start threads calling out Brands or St. John. Leave us alone.

Rookie
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 10

Top 8 is where I see us. Hope we progress to an attacking mindset which I think we will in the offseason. Guys got a taste and hope they stay hungry! Wanna see more offense attacking next season and good work on bottom positions.

Starter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU22CY View Post
    Top 8 is where I see us. Hope we progress to an attacking mindset which I think we will in the offseason. Guys got a taste and hope they stay hungry! Wanna see more offense attacking next season and good work on bottom positions.
    Thank you for actually answering the question and not stooping to the level of the other annoying posters.

So say we finish 8th...is your thought that it earns KJ an extension?

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by howellc33 View Post
    "My take is we need to finish top 5, recognizing that our best wrestlers will be seniors next year and we may drop back a bit the year following."Yes-I would also agree. You guys lose Tony Ramos, Ethen Lofthouse and Derek St. John...Next year's impact seniors will be Mike Evans, Josh Dziewa, Nick Moore and Bobby Telford. There will for sure be a drop off!
    Ridiculous.

But since we are playing...they return 4 AAs, 3 other qualifiers and 3 studs waiting in the wings to take over. One of whom owns a win over the NCAA champion at his weight. If only we had such problems. Of course they came to mind first. Their program is still a major way in which we measure ours and I'm surrounded by Iowa fans. Luckily for me most are pretty level headed.

Now, can you answer the question so we can get back on topic please?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 114

Somehow someway this program needs to get back on top competing for titles. KJ has been here 5 years and only finished in the top 5 once. I like the guy wanted him as coach, but he just isn't getting it done.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Somehow someway this program needs to get back on top competing for titles. KJ has been here 5 years and only finished in the top 5 once. I like the guy wanted him as coach, but he just isn't getting it done.
    How dare you post facts. You're about to be branded an Iowa fan.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 1,049

Excited for next year. Meeks coming off a redshirt, Quean developing into a solid heavyweight, and Weatherspoon being a real 184 are things to look
    forward to.

All-Star
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 68

I'm for keeping KJ unless we can get someone better, as I always have been. But there is no obvious heir apparent, so I'm not inclined to ***** and moan about it.

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by LutherBlue View Post
    I'm for keeping KJ unless we can get someone better, as I always have been. But there is no obvious heir apparent, so I'm not inclined to ***** and moan about it.
    ISU is one of a handfull of programs in the country with the resources and tradition to compete for titles on a semi regular basis. We have been out of the top 10 for 3 straight seasons. You're OK with that because we might do worse? I hope that the people who make such decisions feel differently.

I'd like to see this group get us into the top 5. I'm not optimistic it will happen but I REALLY want it to. I don't care much who the coaches are, I just hope they do well.

All-Star
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 68

Quote Originally Posted by NEICyFan View Post
    ISU is one of a handfull of programs in the country with the resources and tradition to compete for titles on a semi regular basis. We have been out of the top 10 for 3 straight seasons. You're OK with that because we might do worse? I hope that the people who make such decisions feel differently.

I'd like to see this group get us into the top 5. I'm not optimistic it will happen but I REALLY want it to. I don't care much who the coaches are, I just hope they do well.
    Yes, I would certainly rather not do worse. You act like it's a given that the next person will be better. It is not.

If the administration has identified a coach who they think will do a significantly better job and that coach will take the job, then I'm all for making a change. I just don't see who that person is right now. There is no obvious Cael Sanderson duplicate sitting around waiting for our call.

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by LutherBlue View Post
    Yes, I would certainly rather not do worse. You act like it's a given that the next person will be better. It is not.

If the administration has identified a coach who they think will do a significantly better job and that coach will take the job, then I'm all for making a change. I just don't see who that person is right now. There is no obvious Cael Sanderson duplicate sitting around waiting for our call.
    I'm trying to get my hat around your opinion but I'm struggling. If there were guarantees in this world there would be no such thing as athletics. Coaching changes are made because the admin has identified coaches are not and will not get the job done and they are comfortable they can hire a coach who can. Also, is your point that we should only change if we can hire the next Cael Sanderson? There's a lot of room to improve between our current results and Cael Sanderson.

I think with a really good run next year KJ will get a nice, deserved extension. I think that would be great. I just want to be relevant again.