Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 706
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 468

Re: Hoiberg Coached his *** off tonight!!!

Quote of the night from Fred:

I try to stay calm out there,” Hoiberg said. “I think your players are a reflection of what you do on the sidelines.

Are you listening, Fran? ARE YOU?!

The bar I was at was packed with Cyclone fans but of course I have one ********* Iowa fan sitting next to me with his stupid Hawk shirt on. When Fred got his T, the dbag remarked, "Fred is too pretty to coach." I looked over at him and said, "That pretty-boy has run circles around your guy, when he's not getting ejected for hitting refs." Shut him right up.

"I watch the Cyclone players and they look like guys who grew up fighting for everything they got, on and off the court. In a word, men. I look at the Iowa players and I assume when they were kids they played soccer in leagues that didn't keep score to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. There is not one single leader on this team. It's a group of high school friends playing a pickup game at the YMCA and maybe they will keep score, maybe not, because they are just happy to be there."

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 294

Quote Originally Posted by Clone1138 View Post
    Quote of the night from Fred:

I try to stay calm out there,” Hoiberg said. “I think your players are a reflection of what you do on the sidelines.

Are you listening, Fran? ARE YOU?!

The bar I was at was packed with Cyclone fans but of course I have one ********* Iowa fan sitting next to me with his stupid Hawk shirt on. When Fred got his T, the dbag remarked, "Fred is too pretty to coach." I looked over at him and said, "That pretty-boy has run circles around your guy, when he's not getting ejected for hitting refs." Shut him right up.
    I don't want frannie listening. Who gives a crap what that guy does to bully and intimidate his players. Let him ruin more careers.

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,810
    Given: 3,110

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I don't want frannie listening. Who gives a crap what that guy does to bully and intimidate his players. Let him ruin more careers.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

All-Star
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 90

Regardless of what happens in this tournament and Fred's future, we all need to recognize what a special coach we have. Probably won't see this again in my lifetime.