Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

March Madness 08 vs. College Hoops 2k8?

Anyone have opinions of these two games. I have been trying to decide, but haven't made up my mind yet.

I am most concerned about it as a strategy/sim game. I am concerned about this playing the McDonald's games in the offseason, not sure I want to do all that extra games in the offseason. Let me know what you all think about it.

This is for purchase on the 360.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,299
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

Re: March Madness 08 vs. College Hoops 2k8?

it was kinda discussed here
    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...ss-2008-a.html

but really i cant help because i have yet to play either for this year

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Walk On Achievements:
    SocialVeteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

If you want a great college basketball game, go and download Draft Day College Basketball.

Wolverine Studios™ Presents - Draft Day Sports: College Basketball

Thank me later.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,695
    Given: 158

I just got College Hoops 2K8 for the 360, and it's pretty darn sweet. Takes some getting used to, but it's very rewarding when you get it down. It's a little bit of a departure from the more acrade-like basketball titles that are out there. Here are a couple of things that I noticed.

1)You actually need to run an offense. You can't just drive for a dunk every time. In fact, I only average about 2-3 dunks per game.
    2)Defense is challenging as well. If you are out of position, the cpu will make you pay.
    3)Post Play is fun. A talented big man can be dominant.
    4)Shooting percentages seem more accurate. I usually average about 40-55% per game, depending on what types of shots I'm taking. The CPU is usually about the same.
    5)Free Throws are important. The average margin of victory so far has been less than 10 pts. Usually much less. Getting to the line has saved my butt a couple of times.
    6)There are huge differences between good players and bad players. Playing as UNC vs playing as USC Upstate is a totally different experience. One star player can have a huge impact.

These are just my initial reactions. I've played about 15 games or so, and I think my record is about .500. I don't think I suck, I just think that they made this game nice and challenging with a healthy learning curve. I would definitely recommend it.

One additional thing, College Hoops 2K8 has a feature called 2K Share, that allows people to post and download their roster files for free. There are lots of people out there who have gone through and named all the players and coaches on all the teams, (Classic and All-Time Teams as well). All you have to do is go out and find the file you want and download it. Within about 5 minutes of having the game, I had a complete and accurate roster.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,299
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

wow that is sweet.. to bad they prob dont have all that for ps2.. dammit i need a ps3..

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."