Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,294
    Given: 635

How about some positive stuff?

Ok, so I am a glass half FULL guy. More like glass is way full and about to overflow guy. So it's tough to read endless gloomy forecasts and criticisms. I come here to check out the news and posts, and to read up on my team. And maybe I am weird or something, but I don't want to read about how bad everything is. We have a team that is 2-1, with the one loss on the road to a top 20 team, who played well that day. The wins were not impressive, but they weren't to the Sisters of the Poor either.

I think ISU has a lot of talent. The offense has been having a tough time getting in synch, but has great players all over the field. The line is performing well. The young defense is playing way better than anyone expected. If the offense can get it going, all will be well.

This team has a tremendous opportunity in the next several weeks to make a statement about who they are, and how they want to be remembered. I think they will surprise everyone. Unfortunately, the most surprised might be their own fans, who clearly think the sky is falling. Noone else in the country is surprised by a loss to Iowa. I'm afraid that the real blowout loss to Texas would only occur if the coaches and players lacked faith in themselves as much as the fans seem to lack faith in them.

I'm going to be a Cyclone fan to the end, for every down. I like ALL the coaches. I hope we can keep them. I can't wait to watch them play Texas!

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 753
    Given: 3,027

Re: How about some positive stuff?

Love the optimism, Cyclonepride!! :) It's awfully early in the season to give up on the team.

cyclONEnation
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 44

Can't give up on the season yet. I think by the end of the season we may all be quite happy with our beloved Clones.

Starter
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I am also still optimistic about the season. We have more talent than we have ever had and if the players and coaches don't think that we have a chance to win every week then they wouldn't be out there playing.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

If we were to give up hope after a close loss to a ranked, better coached iowa team at Kinnick Stadium, then the squawk fans have been right all these years about it being our Superbowl. Amd I'm not about to let those people be right.

God Bless America

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clone33 View Post
    If we were to give up hope after a close loss to a ranked, better coached iowa team at Kinnick Stadium, then the squawk fans have been right all these years about it being our Superbowl. Amd I'm not about to let those people be right.
    Clone33, for the wisdom of your last two posts (this and Mizzou girl), you're going on my buddy list. :) Hope you don't mind.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,294
    Given: 635

It's awesome to hear some agreement out there, and my faith in my fellow Cyclone fans has been restored. Thank you.....I knew you were out there.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I agree, there were certainly some positives we can take from last weeks game and also some negatives that we need to improve on. We need to go to down to Austin with the attitude of "us against the world" because the only people that think we can go down to Austin and win are in the Cyclone family. Go to the Texas board and look at some of their predictions, its time to shock the whole country and let people know that we are for real.

GO CLONES!!

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Well, anyone who was a fan through the late 80s and the 90s only has to draw upon past pain to be happy with what is going on right now.

But I want so much more, dammit! Beating Iowa is FUN. Winning the Conference would be FUN. Going to a bowl game worth travelling to would be FUN. I want to wear my Iowa State gear, and not have these pac 10 goofballs out here ask me "What the hell is that thing on your hat?" I want to see people wearing Hawkeye gear and give them that same smug grin that I get will from them this year. I want to complain when we lose a close game because of a bad call because one loss will ruin our shot at a perfect season. I want a national TV contract for the team. I want a nationwide following of rabid fans who have never even been to Ames, don't know why the team name is the cyclones and the mascot is a cardinal, and wonder who the heck is Jack Trice. I want to greet each of these people as I offer them a hand onto the bandwagon.

Other teams have this. Why not us?

When this happens, I will be grateful and gracious, and not be a self absorbed baby who thinks that anything less than a national championship is a failure.

I want these things, and I want them now. Glass half full. The bottom is barely wet.

Last edited by threemuch; 09-19-2006 at 07:44 PM.
    The Portland, Oregon cyclone fan
    Class of 91

If life isn't fun, your doing it wrong.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 99

OH man do I like this post. I am very optimistic about our team and the rest of this season. We have a bunch of guys playing with a bunch of heart and a win, even if it is an ugly win is still a win. I will root our team all the way to the end and will be their biggest fan(or one of them).

I put on a not-so-nice post on another thread to some of the negative fans (Can those two words be right next to each other??????) constantly starting threads looking to lynch the coaching staff. One thing I put in there was last night I watched the 1992 Iowa-ISU football game in Iowa City and it don't take long to see how far we have come with Mac & Co. when you watch that game. Those guys looked like Jr Highers playing against the Varsity in that game, we had no offense, and even less defense and the quality of players we recruit successfully now has risen so dramatically, even I was shocked. I agree that this team will pleasantly surprise us and thank you Cyclonepride for the optimism.......

Hopefully it's contagious...

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I love to be optimistic and I will always root for the Clones till I'm dead and gone. shoot, even then I'll do my best to catch the action. Woo hoo!

I will say this though, they need to show me a little more on offense for me to be REALLY optimistic about heading to Austin. The Longhorns are WAY faster then the EIU. AND the coaching staff better make some good adjustments at halftime so the kids feel like the coaches have their backs.

Come on Clones!!!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

My hope is that we're just taking a little while to get into our groove (much like last season). It takes a while to grow into your team - hopefully the play calling and gameplay will improve radically over the next few games.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by C.John View Post
    Can't give up on the season yet. I think by the end of the season we may all be quite happy with our beloved Clones.
    Well if that's the case, you can buy me a beer in SHreveport

Jeffrey A Crawford

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I'm glad that you are so optimistic, but I guess I am a pessimist (I prefer to think I am a realist, but some might disagree). I expect 7 wins this season, could easily see 6 or 8, and would be very surprised if it is anything else. 8 would be a good accomplishment, and 6 is unacceptable. 7 wouldn't be anything special.

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm kind of on the same thought process as far as the 8 win season being great! 7 would be acceptable. 6 is pretty rough to take, but, it wouldn't really surprise me. Anything less then 6 is just wrong.