Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 338

No Surprise Here about the Refs

Oregon/Oklahoma officials suspended for single game due to their vast stupidity. When the review official cannot even get it right, time to call for the cops. Has anyone ever seen such a blatant and biased referee call than the one given to aid Oregon?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593564

University of Oklahoma president David Boren sent a letter Monday to Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg, saying the officiating problems was beyond an "outrageous injustice," and asking him to pursue having the game eliminated from the record books and having the officials involved in the game suspended for the remainder of the season.
    Weiberg responded with a statement saying the result of the game would stand.
    The surprise was their behinds were kicked for only a single nonconference game:

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Rookie
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 44

Re: No Surprise Here about the Refs

my favorite outrageous injustice is ISU vs Nebraska in Ames.
    clock running down Nebraska wont make the play so Nebraska player signals timeout. the problem Nebraska had no Fing timeouts left it should of been delay of game instead the refs Fup so bad they screw us no delay of game penalty and IIRC Nebraska scores on the drive

Recruit
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by MrApathy View Post
    my favorite outrageous injustice is ISU vs Nebraska in Ames.
    clock running down Nebraska wont make the play so Nebraska player signals timeout. the problem Nebraska had no Fing timeouts left it should of been delay of game instead the refs Fup so bad they screw us no delay of game penalty and IIRC Nebraska scores on the drive

Thats not even the same as the injustice Oklahoma received on Saturday. What is the point of instant replay? To make the correct call. It was so obvious that it should have been overturned that i went into the kitchen to grab a bite to eat and came back to see Oregon with the ball. I don't think it is to far fetched to same that game was somehow rigged. Two easy calls to make after replay and they didnt get it right. Every F ing person in America knew the correct call but this idiots? No I dont buy it. There is no way they could have looked at that play and said "Yes it went 10 yards" or "No he didn't touch it" on the other. Just a shame that Oklahoma had to lose the game that way. If I was Stoops I would have done my best UNLV coach impression and not left the field.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

My favorite wasnt in a football game, but the Kansas basketball game at Phog Allen when Kansas players rebounded Jared Homan's first (of 2) free throws and hit a three with no time off the clock. That was easily the worst display of officiating in sports history ever!!!

God Bless America

Recruit
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clone33 View Post
    My favorite wasnt in a football game, but the Kansas basketball game at Phog Allen when Kansas players rebounded Jared Homan's first (of 2) free throws and hit a three with no time off the clock. That was easily the worst display of officiating in sports history ever!!!
    Yeah that was pretty horrid. Just stupid by the officials there. But I still say that doesn't compare to the OU game b/c they had replay. The refs plane out screws them. No other way of putting it. There have been bad officiating such as the free throws, or giving a team 5 downs, but replay is replay. You get a chance to see it 30 times and to still get it wrong is perplexing.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Did everyone forget the Bowl game last year when they replayed our receiver going down and said is was a fumble. I guess it was the tight end.

Clones Rule

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 90

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedrew View Post
    Did everyone forget the Bowl game last year when they replayed our receiver going down and said is was a fumble. I guess it was the tight end.
    Yeah, that one was another example of refs not getting it right even though they had a chance to see it 30+ times. It was Walter Nickel, they called him down, saying that his elbow had hit the turf when it clearly hadn't. His wrist came down on the turf and he got back up and went for another 20 yards or so and they brought it back. A horrible call that really swung the field position battle in that game.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This is such a joke. Yeah, it was a horrible, horrible call but the only reason it's getting any play is because it's OU. If ISU or any other team without their name lost a game like that no one would give a crap. I can't believe ESPN actually has a poll question up about whether the BCS should count the game in the standings or not. What if OU had beaten Baylor and the officials blew it so badly? Should the BCS count the game then? Give me a break. I have ZERO sympathy for OU.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Do not forget about the Russian USA basketball game in the Olympics. That goes to the top with this following:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2594846 Auburn troubles

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...pat&id=2594247 Okie troubles

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593564 More goofball refs
    Oklahoma lost the game 34-33 after Oregon scored two touchdowns near the end of the game.
    An onside kick by Oregon after its first late touchdown was touched by a Ducks player before it traveled the required 10 yards, and the Pac-10 ruled that the ball should have been awarded to Oklahoma. The league also said that video revealed that an Oklahoma player actually recovered the ball.
    Officials on the field gave the ball to Oregon, and replay officials did not overturn that decision.
    During a subsequent play, pass interference was called on Oklahoma, setting up the winning score. The Sooners argued that the ball had been tipped at the line of scrimmage, thereby nullifying the pass interference call.
    Replay officials did not see indisputable evidence to overturn the penalty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593870 Gordon Riese in crises
    "I can't sleep, I can't eat, my blood pressure is skyrocketing," Riese said, looking haggard and worn as he sat on the front porch of his house.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593369 Boren Vents:
    "I appreciate the apology issued by the Pac-10 Commissioner and his action in penalizing the game officials," Boren said in a statement. "I hope this will lead to further national review of the responsibilities of replay officials and the way in which they interact with game officials on the field. I also hope this situation will lead the Pac-10 to change their policy of requiring that only officials of the Pac-10 officiate the home games of Pac-10 universities when they are hosting a non-conference opponent."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2594808 Threats

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/gameda...=gamedayFinal3 Biggest Loser-Big 12

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

And that is why they have the Oregon Ducks and the Oregon State Beavers. The mascots are well, just different. Now something is amiss in Oregon with the refs. Don't they have special people pump all your gas since they do not trust the people to fill their own tanks. And they have suicide phones on their bridges for the winter. Now I understand. It is a different country.