Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 36,537, Level: 58
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,455
    Points
    36,537
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    wish bubu could play

    with our season long inconsistent bench, would be nice to have one more option out there for a spark. i know he wasn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, but he could at least spell the starters for a few minutes without much of a drop off in production. he plays good D and makes good decisions.

    fred's hands must be tied on this. no other reason to not play him when we only go 7 deep in terms of meaningful minutes. keeping him on the bench could be costing us games now and in the future.

    guess you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one gets full first though.

    bummer the way things panned out for him.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 81,602, Level: 88
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,740
    Points
    81,602
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 107

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    with our season long inconsistent bench, would be nice to have one more option out there for a spark. i know he wasn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, but he could at least spell the starters for a few minutes without much of a drop off in production. he plays good D and makes good decisions.

    fred's hands must be tied on this. no other reason to not play him when we only go 7 deep in terms of meaningful minutes. keeping him on the bench could be costing us games now and in the future.

    guess you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one gets full first though.

    bummer the way things panned out for him.


    #BEATIOWA

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 4,226, Level: 18
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    ClonesTwentyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    DSM Area
    Posts
    389
    Points
    4,226
    Level
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 33

    Re: wish bubu could play

    BuBu has not played all season. Playing him now would hurt the team.


    Just Win.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 15,563, Level: 37
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    jkclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    986
    Points
    15,563
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 120

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Quote Originally Posted by ClonesTwentyOne View Post
    BuBu has not played all season. Playing him now would hurt the team.
    I have a hard time believing he would hurt the team in situations like Saturday. Nothing against Naz or Thomas but it wasn't their night. I don't blame them for continuing to shoot because thats what they are there to do, but it really couldn't have hurt to see what Bubu could do.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 18,580, Level: 41
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Skidoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,037
    Points
    18,580
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 34

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Remember when people were innocent until proven guilty?

    Just kidding I don't either.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,162, Level: 89
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,686
    Points
    83,162
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 38

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Regardless of whether you think he was innocent or guilty, right or wrong, or whatever it may be, it's glaringly obvious he's not going to play (maybe briefly on senior night). I really wish people would just move on. It seems he's happy just to be part of the team, so I don't know why people continue to ***** and moan. It is what it is.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 14,984, Level: 37
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    WastedTalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,132
    Points
    14,984
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 0

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Here come the Bubu haters, and the team chemistry experts, that know nothing about this team, or probably any team sports for that matter.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 265,570, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,033
    Points
    265,570
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 540
    Given: 133

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Senior day on Saturday will extremely odd on Saturday with Bubu.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 15,563, Level: 37
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    jkclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    986
    Points
    15,563
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 120

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Regardless of whether you think he was innocent or guilty, right or wrong, or whatever it may be, it's glaringly obvious he's not going to play (maybe briefly on senior night). I really wish people would just move on. It seems he's happy just to be part of the team, so I don't know why people continue to ***** and moan. It is what it is.
    I don't think he will play any more than briefly on Saturday, but that doesn't mean it is right. I also agree that Bubu is happy. I just think that saying he would hurt the team is an incredibly misguided statement.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 41,948, Level: 63
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,002
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,273
    Points
    41,948
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 76

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Do we really need this thread again?



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 211,418, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,839
    Points
    211,418
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 767
    Given: 43

    Re: wish bubu could play

    This is a fresh new topic for a thread. Morris Thomas Vaughn Niang Mckay.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 644,508, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,623
    Points
    644,508
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,328
    Given: 125

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Surely he could go in and miss some 3 pointers?



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 91,826, Level: 94
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,324
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Peru, IL
    Posts
    7,502
    Points
    91,826
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 196

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Oh good grief, this again...



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,506, Level: 96
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,544
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,180
    Points
    95,506
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Who is bubu?



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 253,660, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,420
    Points
    253,660
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 386
    Given: 357

    Re: wish bubu could play

    Quote Originally Posted by jkclone View Post
    I don't think he will play any more than briefly on Saturday, but that doesn't mean it is right. I also agree that Bubu is happy. I just think that saying he would hurt the team is an incredibly misguided statement.
    He won't play at all. It will be a close game and there won't be an opportunity. I hope it gets to the point that he can get in thoguh.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM