Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 49

Re: Ejim's T's Hurting Us

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    That's a pretty easy call to make. Don't stare down the guy guarding you and run your mouth. That's the difference between what Ejim did and what Gipson did and if you can't see that you're beyond help. It's all fine and dandy if you don't get caught but when you're running your mouth staring down your opponent and the official is 10 feet away you're going to get caught.

Hey hey can you try and refrain from being realistic and correctly assessing what happened?
    People gotta have someone besides our players to blame when we lose remember? Thanks

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 491

That's a pretty easy call to make. Don't stare down the guy guarding you and run your mouth. That's the difference between what Ejim did and what Gipson did and if you can't see that you're beyond help. It's all fine and dandy if you don't get caught but when you're running your mouth staring down your opponent and the official is 10 feet away you're going to get caught.
    You're the one that is beyond help. You obviously don't understand basketball. Even to the exact rule it is debatable. I don't get how "Yeah, gimme that" is taunting. Then it goes to he looked at the opponent. I don't know about you but when I go to guard someone I usually look at them. He looked after he said it then started playing defense. Then you have to add the common sense aspect and then there is no way you can call that a reasonable call.

Last edited by jkclone; 03-02-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,557
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 135

Quote Originally Posted by greatshu View Post
    Ejim's Ts hurting us? Dude he scored 30 points and you are complaining about T?
    If he did not get the T, he wouldn't have sat on the bench for 8 minutes and might have scored 40, so yes, it did hurt the team. ME and Kane were the only guys do much last night.

Pro
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,300
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 485
    Given: 476

Bottom line, our team needs to quit ******** to the refs. Ejim, Hogue and Kane are the worst. In the WVU game, Mel stopped playing defense WHILE THE BALL WAS STILL LIVE to complain to a ref. Not going to bag on the T's (although I think they are stupid), but please, for the love of all that is Holy, stop complaining every dang time you think you got fouled.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 142

Wow, someone don't agree with your opinion so your best reply is S.T.F.U???? Lot of childish replies because some of us seem to think Ejim didn't help us in that part of his game last night.

I just watched the highlights on TV13 and it showed what Ejim did that earned him the technical. It wasn't because of him going "whoo hooo!!! Let's go".... He obviously got over in front of the guy defending his shot and his body language was taunting the other player. All this "the refs have it in for us" is BS. There was a lot more going on than him celebrating his shot and pushing his players. Sorry, but if you can't see that then I question who the one is who is questioning reality. Then, Kane really helped us later on in the half when Ejim sprang up ready to go confront somebody and Kane grabbed him and pulled him away until he got a grip. Had Kane not been there, Ejim would have most likely gotten another T and then been kicked out of the game and then his 30 points don't all come. I love Ejim, and he will be one of my favorite players in ISU MBB, but tonight he hurt us on different parts of the game tonight. Did we lose because of him?? Who knows, but he lost us momentum at times....

But we're the ones that have no reality in what goes on playing basketball??

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by jkclone View Post
    You're the one that is beyond help. You obviously don't understand basketball. Even to the exact rule it is debatable. I don't get how "Yeah, gimme that" is taunting. Then it goes to he looked at the opponent. I don't know about you but when I go to guard someone I usually look at them. He looked after he said it then started playing defense. Then you have to add the common sense aspect and then there is no way you can call that a reasonable call.
    "Yeah, gimme that!" isn't taunting until you're staring down and opposing player. Staring down the student section after he flushed it didn't help his cause either. If he was backpedaling and looking at the rim when he said "Yeah, gimme that!" its no problem at all but the fact is he was staring right at an opponent. That's the definition of taunting. Melvin put the official in the position to make that call. There's no one to blame but Melvin.

Now I agree with people who have said it could get called a lot more but in a loud arena you aren't going to hear things happening. After Ejim hits a 3 and quiets the crowd with the official 10' away and watching him it's going to get called.

And Ejim going to the bench wasn't the cause of the scoring drought...not being able to hit a damn free throw is what hurt. You can go 5 minutes without a FG if you aren't missing the front end of one and ones repeatedly.

Last edited by IcSyU; 03-02-2014 at 10:39 AM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 49

Still trotting out the "you don't know anything about basketball" schtick because people don't agree with you huh? Don't think it's working bud.

It was pretty clear it was a taunt. Does it go on during games? Of course. If you're dumb enough to do it out in the open right in front of an official 3 feet away? Ya...you might get rung up.

People have pasted the rule. Boom

Prospect
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by denniselmenace View Post
    Ejim didn't sit because of T's. He sat because of four fouls. I'd rather whine about missed free throws.

Yes we need to make free throws, but you miss shots in games. You do not have to get a technical foul. He has always been a hot head, he likes to cry about fouls. Suck it up and play ball. He did in fact sit because of the T, with out it he has three fouls and is playing.

Pro
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,300
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 485
    Given: 476

Just quit talking and play the game. The best trash talk you can have is "scoreboard." Who cares if you hit a three. It only matters if you win. Quit talking to the refs. Quit talking to the other team.

Let your play do the talking. Novel idea.

Edit: Not just Ejim. Hogue and Kane too.

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 491

"Yeah, gimme that!" isn't taunting until you're staring down and opposing player. Staring down the student section after he flushed it didn't help his cause either. If he was backpedaling and looking at the rim when he said "Yeah, gimme that!" its no problem at all but the fact is he was staring right at an opponent. That's the definition of taunting. Melvin put the official in the position to make that call. There's no one to blame but Melvin.

Now I agree with people who have said it could get called a lot more but in a loud arena you aren't going to hear things happening. After Ejim hits a 3 and quiets the crowd with the official 10' away and watching him it's going to get called.

And Ejim going to the bench wasn't the cause of the scoring drought...not being able to hit a damn free throw is what hurt. You can go 5 minutes without a FG if you aren't missing the front end of one and ones repeatedly.
    He says it before turning to look. I guess you can debate that part but he says the "yeah gimme" looking at the basket. he says the "that" when looking at the player. Either way an official needs to understand how to handle that and a technical is not the correct way

It also isn't just this thing. Officials are out of control throughout the NCAA. I don't know if you saw the Cincinnati game. That was another example of an official not handling it the correct way.

Legend
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 315

So his bs technical was the problem and not his unesessary attempt to block Gipson to earn his 4th foul? Two free throws for KSU didn cost isu the game and Ejim getting his 3rd foul didn either. Missing layup after layup, missing free throws, and shooting poor from 3 is what hurt ISU. Bad time for Naz and Thomas to call in cold.

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 239

He says it before turning to look. I guess you can debate that part but he says the "yeah gimme" looking at the basket. he says the "that" when looking at the player. Either way an official needs to understand how to handle that and a technical is not the correct way

It also isn't just this thing. Officials are out of control throughout the NCAA. I don't know if you saw the Cincinnati game. That was another example of an official not handling it the correct way.
    No, the coaches and players are. Jay Bilas was very eloquent yesterday with his comments on the matter. Why can't Hoiberg just tell Ejim, Hogue, Kane, etc. to just shut up?

Legend
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 315

The reason I am ****** about people crying about Ejim's technical is there is multiple threads whining about a relatively Insignificant moment that in the end was a bit of a bs call. Hell, watching the OSU vs KU game, similar things happened every other play and no call.
    Ejims behavior against WVU is worthy of scrutiny, but not the KSU game IMO.

Starter
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 44

Quote Originally Posted by denniselmenace View Post
    Ejim didn't sit because of T's. He sat because of four fouls. I'd rather whine about missed free throws.

This exactly. Ejim plays with a ton of emotion. Without him last night Cyclones lose by 15 or more. Not to often do we have the Big 12's leading scorer. We should just bench him the rest of the year because he plays with passion and emotion.

"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."
    -Satchel Paige

Speechless
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,931
    Given: 2,349

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    No, the coaches and players are. Jay Bilas was very eloquent yesterday with his comments on the matter. Why can't Hoiberg just tell Ejim, Hogue, Kane, etc. to just shut up?
    I hate defending referees, but this is the huge problem. Refs should actually be calling more technicals than they have been.
    It's an emotional game, but people can balance being emotional with some self-control.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/