Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

yoteforever-Credit where credit is due

Hey yoteforever, I just wanted to give you credit for your comments on the Rashad Vaughn recruiting thread.

I had been lurking on this forum for a couple of months during the recruiting process, and read nearly every post in that thread. After hearing of the verbal commit from USF transfer PG Cody Doolin yesterday, I was instantly reminded of your posts. I don't know how to transfer those here, so I will just cut and paste.

While I won't be reading this forum, other than any future recruiting battles, I hope you keep posting what you hear.

Post #11447
    I'm no troll punk. I've been a Cyclone fan longer than you've been alive. I have a good friend that is a head coach at a PAC 12 school who tried to recruit him and talked to him on Wednesday night. The only thing potentially holding him back is another recruit he wants there but might go elsewhere.

Post #11513
    I do not know the name of the recruit in question. I was simply told by this coach that RV wanted this other recruit WITH him because without him apparently he felt UNLV would be weak, too weak. That might get him to ISU. The coach did recruit him but got nowhere and turned him down to even visit. He is just very sure that RV is going to the Rebs. He even went so far as to say he feared playing time in Ames because of the talent Fred is getting. Then the very next sentence was he also was noticing how many prime time games the Cyclones are getting and how that peaked his curiosity.

i love the Cyclones, and have had season tickets for years. I want us to get him but this coach convinced me different, subject to a couple of things. That's all.

and CycloneErik, I know you are attached to the program, more so than I, but my business travels permit me to meet and befriend several college coaches and AD's. I'm not trying to pull a power thing here, I was just chiming in. I should've put more facts up in the first place. My personal thoughts are we put wayyyyy to much energy I to guys like this and Harrison Barnes, she we should continue getting the Ejims of the world and assemble a team, just like now.

All-Star
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

Re: yoteforever-Credit where credit is due

Quote Originally Posted by VegasJayhawk View Post
    Hey yoteforever, I just wanted to give you credit for your comments on the Rashad Vaughn recruiting thread.

I had been lurking on this forum for a couple of months during the recruiting process, and read nearly every post in that thread. After hearing of the verbal commit from USF transfer PG Cody Doolin yesterday, I was instantly reminded of your posts. I don't know how to transfer those here, so I will just cut and paste.

While I won't be reading this forum, other than any future recruiting battles, I hope you keep posting what you hear.

Post #11447
    I'm no troll punk. I've been a Cyclone fan longer than you've been alive. I have a good friend that is a head coach at a PAC 12 school who tried to recruit him and talked to him on Wednesday night. The only thing potentially holding him back is another recruit he wants there but might go elsewhere.

Post #11513
    I do not know the name of the recruit in question. I was simply told by this coach that RV wanted this other recruit WITH him because without him apparently he felt UNLV would be weak, too weak. That might get him to ISU. The coach did recruit him but got nowhere and turned him down to even visit. He is just very sure that RV is going to the Rebs. He even went so far as to say he feared playing time in Ames because of the talent Fred is getting. Then the very next sentence was he also was noticing how many prime time games the Cyclones are getting and how that peaked his curiosity.

i love the Cyclones, and have had season tickets for years. I want us to get him but this coach convinced me different, subject to a couple of things. That's all.

and CycloneErik, I know you are attached to the program, more so than I, but my business travels permit me to meet and befriend several college coaches and AD's. I'm not trying to pull a power thing here, I was just chiming in. I should've put more facts up in the first place. My personal thoughts are we put wayyyyy to much energy I to guys like this and Harrison Barnes, she we should continue getting the Ejims of the world and assemble a team, just like now.
    So the recruit was that Morgan kid? This guy sounds spot on

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 585
    Given: 316

Kid played 4 games before quitting on his team this year.

Sounds like he's appealing to the NCAA so he can play immediately next year.

Needless to say, if the NCAA lets him play and turns down McKay, I'm going to flip.

Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Do batman farts smell like rainbows and unicorns?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,266
    Given: 1,096

Who is Morgan?

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,728
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 14

The better question is why is a guy named VegasJayhawk not banned from this site? ;)

Kansas fans are, by far, the most annoying fans on this board.

All-Star
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Cychotiic View Post
    So the recruit was that Morgan kid? This guy sounds spot on
    Except Morgan committed to UNLV March 2013, so the timing is pretty weird. Unless he's been a silent commit to UNLV since close to then.

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    Kid played 4 games before quitting on his team this year.

Sounds like he's appealing to the NCAA so he can play immediately next year.

Needless to say, if the NCAA lets him play and turns down McKay, I'm going to flip.
    Who are you referring to here?

The main problem with those posts the OP was quoting was that it was very difficult to decipher what in the world he was trying to say. Too many 'him's and 'there's that aren't clear who they are referring to. Not trying to be the grammar police but the posts were very difficult to understand.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 22

No clue what the OP was saying. Not surprising since it is coming from a JerkoffHawk.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 246

Doolin might play at UNLV - SFGate

Cody Doolin left USF MBB team 4 games into his senior season after a fight with a teammate.

NFL: Buffalo Bills
    NHL: Buffalo Sabres
    NBA: Buffalo Braves
    MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays

Legend
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 585
    Given: 316

Quote Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
    Except Morgan committed to UNLV March 2013, so the timing is pretty weird. Unless he's been a silent commit to UNLV since close to then.

Who are you referring to here?

The main problem with those posts the OP was quoting was that it was very difficult to decipher what in the world he was trying to say. Too many 'him's and 'there's that aren't clear who they are referring to. Not trying to be the grammar police but the posts were very difficult to understand.
    I agree. I'm referring to this USF player. He played 4 games so he shouldn't get off any better than McKay, but I'm sure he will.

Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Do batman farts smell like rainbows and unicorns?