Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

PG Question?

Garrett has been playing very well the last two games and has been very solid for awhile now. I am still wondering why he doesn't seem to play more. To me, it seems like the offense takes a step back when he is not in there. He had 5 assists last night to 1 TO and 1 assist and 0 TO plus 4 steals. Anyway, I think he should be starting. Does anyone else?

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Rookie
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Re: PG Question?

If he can drive the lane and dish it off if the defense sags, or score (not toss the ball in the general direction of the rim), he will play more. He is making progress.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 8

Garrett played 18 minutes yesterday, and Petersen played 17 minutes. I think that's a step in the right direction for Garrett to get the start soon.

Droppin' 3's like my name is Scotty C.

Philippians 4:13

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal&Gold11 View Post
    Garrett has been playing very well the last two games and has been very solid for awhile now. I am still wondering why he doesn't seem to play more. To me, it seems like the offense takes a step back when he is not in there. He had 5 assists last night to 1 TO and 1 assist and 0 TO plus 4 steals. Anyway, I think he should be starting. Does anyone else?
    I agree he has been playing very well lately. Looks like he's starting to get comfortable with the system and the game speed. I think he will be starting in the near future. Especially if he continues to play good defense.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 28

I've been ready for him to start since game 2. GMac is starting to come around, but I think this team would be farther along had DG been getting more minutes earlier in the year even though he would've made a ton of mistakes as well.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 753
    Given: 3,026

I think last night was one of the first nights where he actually dished it out at all. He seems like he's really anxious to give the team a spark, which is great, but it seems like either he's unaware of his teammates, or he just isn't quite in the mindset yet to play team ball. There were a few times vs. Iowa where Rahshon was wide open, but DG took it up, anyway.

That being said - he had, what, four steals in that game vs. Iowa, so that was awesome.

M 7/09

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I think last night was one of the first nights where he actually dished it out at all. He seems like he's really anxious to give the team a spark, which is great, but it seems like either he's unaware of his teammates, or he just isn't quite in the mindset yet to play team ball. There were a few times vs. Iowa where Rahshon was wide open, but DG took it up, anyway.

That being said - he had, what, four steals in that game vs. Iowa, so that was awesome.
    I agree, Garrett is a very good passer, he is now starting to learn to utilize that in the half-court, not just the open-court.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Garrett looks really good on a basketball floor until he takes a shot that is outside of the paint. Anyone remember his uncontested 15 foot jumper last night?

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post

Agree 100% DG was definitely reminding me of Stinson (and not in a good way) in the first few games. Driving too much and not looking for the open teammate. But he has played much better the last few games, so I'm all for him starting. Not to take anything away from Petey, because he has been doing a much better job too. DG is just the better all around player.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,087
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 10

I think G-Mac is doing fine with bringing DG along slowly. There have been times he's shown brilliance and times he shown immaturity. I am ok with the playing time situation.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

I think he may keep coming off the bench but gradually take PT away from Peterson if he keeps up the good play. It's not who starts the game but who finishes it and we do kind of need his offense off the bench right now. If you start him who is going to bring that because Peterson can't, Haluska and Thompson aren't and CJ has been streaky.

Go Cubs Go!

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 753
    Given: 3,026

Quote Originally Posted by Cyfan13 View Post
    Agree 100% DG was definitely reminding me of Stinson (and not in a good way) in the first few games. Driving too much and not looking for the open teammate. But he has played much better the last few games, so I'm all for him starting. Not to take anything away from Petey, because he has been doing a much better job too. DG is just the better all around player.
    That's the exact comparison I made when I watched the first few games!! I think the team ball is starting to shape up a lot more. He is really quick-on-his-feet, which is fantastic - it's just a little of the Stinson syndrome, where you would be excited when he launched down the court, but then groan when he floated up an ugly shot rather than dishing it out.

Hopefully it's a little like Jiri - it took him a little while last season to come around to GMac's style of play, and that seems like how DG is slowly turning.

M 7/09

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 339

DG is the ONLY player on our team who can drive to the hoop besides Wes.

Starter
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

The man who can do no wrong!

Good grief ever seen his jump shots? Have they ever come within a foot of hitting the rim? So what if someone penetrates if they dont do anything once they get there. I like Garrett too but every game theres the group head nodding on how incredible and perfect he was, then the obligatory dark sinister conspiracy as why he isnt playing every second of every game, its silly.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Re: The man who can do no wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
    Good grief ever seen his jump shots? Have they ever come within a foot of hitting the rim? So what if someone penetrates if they dont do anything once they get there. I like Garrett too but every game theres the group head nodding on how incredible and perfect he was, then the obligatory dark sinister conspiracy as why he isnt playing every second of every game, its silly.
    A good point. Driving to the basket is fine but (and its a big but) if it only ends in a wild shot that doesn't go down of what use is it. When he starts finding the open man and making a few he will start. Until then he needs to continue to be brought along slowly. The coach is doing whats best and we can see the result in the better play by everyone.