Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20

Re: Nebrasketball

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFive View Post
    Tread lightly. Youre suggesting Nebraska is legitimately better than the Big 10's best and brightest. It's Nebraska. If they're legitimate contenders in any league, said league should be embarassed. Don't be mad. It's just science.
    What I'm suggesting is that upsets happen, much like a crappy tech team beating ou. Doesn't reflect on conference strength, as bobby (who's gone missing after I called him out) suggest.

A horrid Iowa team beat msu the year they played for the national championship.

Quote Originally Posted by madguy30 View Post
    Things can happen. I remember when Tyronn Lue went crazy in Hilton in '97 for NU to beat ISU. And that was when ISU even worked hard on defense if I remember correctly.

The conference vs. conference thing gets tiresome, especially in an era where college basketball doesn't have many dominant teams in one season.
    Could not agree more.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 729
    Given: 165

Nebraska and TT will play each other for the national championship in the NIT.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 128

B1G and Big 12 are pretty equal this year.

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 175

Quote Originally Posted by SplitIdentity View Post
    What I'm suggesting is that upsets happen, much like a crappy tech team beating ou. Doesn't reflect on conference strength, as bobby (who's gone missing after I called him out) suggest.

A horrid Iowa team beat msu the year they played for the national championship.

Could not agree more.
    Totally agree that upsets happen, like it did tonight. But like I said, I would never suggest Nebraska beating a top team says anything about the depth of the league because when that day comes, it is officially the day said league is a dumpster fire. Same deal when they were in the B12 too.

Legend
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 822

Glad Petteway transferred to Nebby. With Tubby at the helm, a lineup of Tolbert, Crockett, and Petteway would be an NCAA tournament team. Also glad, Josh Gray transferred.

Addict
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 304

Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    This will trend the other way soon. Nebraska got beautiful new basketball facilities (one engineer on it was an ISU alum btw). This will get more players there and I know many fans that were not fans previously. With such little tradition, it will take some time to change that.
    This. They are absolutely getting better as a program. Miles is a damn good coach (if I were to remove my Black and Gold blinders, he'd probably be my favorite coach in the league); they've won 5 of 6 since Miles booted Deverell Biggs, who was their third leading scorer at 10 ppg, because he was so bad for team chemistry. That was a ballsy move on Miles' part, and I applaud his decision to do what was best for the team.

They've got fantastic new facilities and his roster does have some talent. The only senior making significant contributions is Gallegos. Petteway is only a sophomore and if Nebraska had a couple more wins in conference play, he'd be the favorite for conference POY. That guy hit some ridiculously tough shots in big spots today, and he's been doing that all year. If they can avoid a bad loss at Illinois and keep winning at home (where they've lost just one game, by one point, this year), they might just get into the Dance.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFive View Post
    Totally agree that upsets happen, like it did tonight. But like I said, I would never suggest Nebraska beating a top team says anything about the depth of the league because when that day comes, it is officially the day said league is a dumpster fire. Same deal when they were in the B12 too.
    Petteway and Miles' initial freshman class has made a big impact. None of those guys ever played for Nebraska while they were in the Big 12.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 23

I just loved Izzo crying like a baby on the no-call charge. Classic. I can't stand him!!

Rookie
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

I believe they said on the broadcast that this was Nebraska's first road win over a top-10 ranked team since the Huskers beat.........us. (1997)

Legend
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 822

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    Petteway and Miles' initial freshman class has made a big impact. None of those guys ever played for Nebraska while they were in the Big 12.
    Petteway transferred from Texas Tech, where he was nothing.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Petteway transferred from Texas Tech, where he was nothing.
    He was a freshman then. He's two years older now and is playing for a good coach. If you really think the B1G is SO bad in comparison to the Big 12 (of two years ago) that a guy can make this kind of a jump because of it, I really don't know what to tell you.

Marble was nothing as a freshman, too. He's a long ways from nothing just a couple years later.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 34

Quote Originally Posted by cycloner29 View Post
    I just loved Izzo crying like a baby on the no-call charge. Classic. I can't stand him!!
    I agree. I met Izzo in the Circle Center mall in Indianapolis on Sunday of Final Four weekend a couple of years ago. My friend just went up and started talking to him. He was cool to us. We were of course wearing ISU gear, so I told him as ISU fans, we could never root for MSU due to the 2000 Elite 8 game, and he said he could understand why. He was very short, by the way. He did sign autographs for my friend. We met a lot of players and broadcasters at that mall that day. Jay Bilas was very cool as well.

I know, I know, cool story, bro.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 422

Iowa will only lose 1 more game at most. Just might not be quite enough to get that title.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ken View Post
    I agree. I met Izzo in the Circle Center mall in Indianapolis on Sunday of Final Four weekend a couple of years ago. My friend just went up and started talking to him. He was cool to us. We were of course wearing ISU gear, so I told him as ISU fans, we could never root for MSU due to the 2000 Elite 8 game, and he said he could understand why. He was very short, by the way. He did sign autographs for my friend. We met a lot of players and broadcasters at that mall that day. Jay Bilas was very cool as well.

I know, I know, cool story, bro.
    He gets on my nerves from time to time on the sideline, but Izzo is definitely a pretty cool guy. Awesome in press conferences.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Iowa will only lose 1 more game at most. Just might not be quite enough to get that title.
    5-1 probably won't be enough, barring a miraculous fail by Michigan and Iowa's one loss comes at Minnesota or against Wisconsin. They absolutely cannot lose at MSU if they want to win the title.