SEZ information - Page 3
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: SEZ information

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

Re: SEZ information

Quote Originally Posted by CyPlainsDrifter View Post
    That capacity mentioned 60-65K includes 6K of north hillsides. We already have 46K actual seats, so NO we're not going to have anything close to your numbers with the new SEZ. Our average attendance the last few years has been more than 50K, so stop worrying.
    You're about 4,000 long for actual seats currently.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by IState388 View Post
    I heard from some people that Athletics told Recreation Services not to do any improvements/lighting of the softball fields east of Jack Trice (rec services was thinking about doing so to have more outdoor intramurals at night) because Athletics was probably going to purchase that land from them for more parking when the SEZ is finalized. Nothing really known for certain though
    This could help parking a lot...

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I'll be interested to see what the AD wants to swap Rec Services land-wise. The Southwest Complex isn't nearly big enough and needs a couple million dollars of work to be able to host intramurals. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see RS tell the AD to go screw themselves unless there's a couple million dollars put on the table and some land.

In other news, it's a shame to see how crappy the Lied fields look now after a year of use by Rec Services.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 878
    Given: 421

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    I'll be interested to see what the AD wants to swap Rec Services land-wise. The Southwest Complex isn't nearly big enough and needs a couple million dollars of work to be able to host intramurals. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see RS tell the AD to go screw themselves unless there's a couple million dollars put on the table and some land.

In other news, it's a shame to see how crappy the Lied fields look now after a year of use by Rec Services.
    I have little understanding of inter-department politics at ISU, but considering this project isnt just being done by athletics and is a 'whole university' project with the reimans, couldnt leath's involvement limit the ability of rec services to tell off the athletic department on this?

One thing i just now considered on parking thats slightly related (though the rec services land may not be where the solution to this potential problem is solved)... with the stadium potentially losing a couple lots, and with enrollment ever-expanding, the parking needing to be replaced might be a bigger issue than just gamedays, considering how many students have to park their cars at the stadium.

Addict
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 755
    Given: 374

If anyone is interested I have very good info that students are staying where they are. Not moving to the SEZ

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    I have little understanding of inter-department politics at ISU, but considering this project isnt just being done by athletics and is a 'whole university' project with the reimans, couldnt leath's involvement limit the ability of rec services to tell off the athletic department on this?

One thing i just now considered on parking thats slightly related (though the rec services land may not be where the solution to this potential problem is solved)... with the stadium potentially losing a couple lots, and with enrollment ever-expanding, the parking needing to be replaced might be a bigger issue than just gamedays, considering how many students have to park their cars at the stadium.
    I know the idea has been floated to use G7 for student parking and require vehicles to be moved like they are now so I don't see that as a huge issue.

I think the big kicker in all of this is are they able to find additional space for the football team to practice? I personally don't think they'll be able to but if they found a way to have all the practice fields around the stadium they'd have even more space over there to park/etc.

Regardless, there needs to be some infrastructure improvements if they're going to add additional traffic to an area that's already a mess on gameday.

Prospect
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    Which Architect was chosen for the design?
    About two weeks ago, the athletic department chose HNTB out of KC as the architect for the project. I do not know if they are working with Newman Monson Architects mentioned in earlier postings. The HNTB stadium projects are impressive:

National Football League[edit]

Minor League Baseball[edit]

College stadiums[edit]

Starter
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    If anyone is interested I have very good info that students are staying where they are. Not moving to the SEZ
    That would make sense to me if premium seating is being added to the south end zone. I'm guessing the people paying for premium seats might not want the wild students around them.

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 419

61,837 would give us 3rd largest stadium in the conference

"I hope to coach here until I retire," Hoiberg said.
    @AtownCY

Legend
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,058

Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    Which Architect was chosen for the design?

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170

Quote Originally Posted by cytheguy View Post
    All sounds good except the capacity. I just hope we can fill 65,000 seats at full price, not the next to nothing prices people on the hills pay. Plus, during down years the stadium will look bad with all the empty seats. Would've rather seen more like 45,000-50,000.
    Why would 45,000 at premium prices be better than 60,000 with 20,000 of them being at reduced pricing? Much of ISU's increase in demand has come from the push when Jamie first came in to get more young families in the stadium. The discounted tickets in the end zone and hillside have been a big part of that.

You just need to find that price point(s) that fills the stadium without leaving money on the table. If there are some down years, then you'll see those extra seats go for pretty cheap. But if this team takes off then the amount of reduced price seats will be cut or eliminated.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by ketelmeister View Post
    This could help parking a lot...
    Only if they have more than one entrance to the G6/G7/other field when added.

Starter
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 18

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    You're about 4,000 long for actual seats currently.
    I was over, but not by 4K (closer to 1200). Current capacity is 56800 and there are 12K hillside (per JP) so there are around 44600 actual seats. Original point stands.

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 180

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Why would 45,000 at premium prices be better than 60,000 with 20,000 of them being at reduced pricing? Much of ISU's increase in demand has come from the push when Jamie first came in to get more young families in the stadium. The discounted tickets in the end zone and hillside have been a big part of that.

You just need to find that price point(s) that fills the stadium without leaving money on the table. If there are some down years, then you'll see those extra seats go for pretty cheap. But if this team takes off then the amount of reduced price seats will be cut or eliminated.
    Exactly. Plus the extra 15-20k in attendance also spend money on parking, concessions, apparel, etc. Think big or get the **** out!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 878
    Given: 421

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post

Yeah, long-term it can be a great thing to have a wide variety of price points. You get people in with a low price point when they cant afford as much, and they become fans for 20,30,50 years, fans who down the road might be paying at the higher price points.