Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 271
  1. #16
    All-Star
    Points: 35,935, Level: 58
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYcoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,203
    Points
    35,935
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 4

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I certainly accept your apology. For those of us that have a broader perspective of the game it is easy for us to mock the uninformed.
    Truer words have never been spoken about this site. It is tough to know what type of Football (not American Throwball) Fan you are talking to on Cy Fan.


    Last edited by CYcoFan; 02-15-2014 at 05:33 PM.

  2. #17
    All-Star
    Points: 35,935, Level: 58
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYcoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,203
    Points
    35,935
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 4

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    JMB - You brought up Preki. That is who I think the USA should approach for Head Coach if Jurgen completely flops this Summer. I like Jurgen and think what he is doing is great. We are headed in the right direction. But man I am dazed by the way Preki leads his troops. I think he would be a great USA HC at some point.

    Edit - Dazed I did it again. = In Awe of the way a US manager has total control with a style of play that would project IMO to the World Game


    Last edited by CYcoFan; 02-15-2014 at 05:38 PM.

  3. #18
    Addict
    Points: 143,962, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,998
    Points
    143,962
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 292

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by CYcoFan View Post
    JMB - You brought up Preki. That is who I think the USA should approach for Head Coach if Jurgen completely flops this Summer. I like Jurgen and think what he is doing is great. We are headed in the right direction. But man I am dazed by the way Preki leads his troops. I think he would be a great USA HC at some point.

    Edit - Dazed I did it again. = In Awe of the way a US manager has total control with a style of play that would project IMO to the World Game
    To close to bob Bradley for me.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  4. #19
    All-Star
    Points: 35,935, Level: 58
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYcoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,203
    Points
    35,935
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 4

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    To close to bob Bradley for me.

    Really? I certainly don't want Bunker down Bob. To me his walks the other side of line not bunker in defensively but has a solid counter attacking game. I could see how it would be close tho. I have always had the feeling if he got better players he would expand the system and push his pressure up the pitch depending on players. He always has less talent and does more with it, it seems



  5. #20
    All-Star
    Points: 35,935, Level: 58
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYcoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,203
    Points
    35,935
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 4

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Ultimately I want a manager that would play or isn't afraid to play a high pressure game. That doesn't mean that they have to play a high back line. I just want a Manager for the US that preaches pressure with structure. Not just guys running around with no direction. It seems with the USA if we lose the ball we retreat, instead of pressing and trying to win the ball back. Or at the very least not letting the team have all day to pick out pass after freaking pass



  6. #21
    Addict
    Points: 143,962, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,998
    Points
    143,962
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 292

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by CYcoFan View Post
    Ultimately I want a manager that would play or isn't afraid to play a high pressure game. That doesn't mean that they have to play a high back line. I just want a Manager for the US that preaches pressure with structure. Not just guys running around with no direction. It seems with the USA if we lose the ball we retreat, instead of pressing and trying to win the ball back. Or at the very least not letting the team have all day to pick out pass after freaking pass
    I am after a manager that isn't afraid to tell people like you you to suck a lemon. I want a manager that understands the best footballers in the pool AND match a style to this talent pool. I dont give a single **** what the style is I want to find someone to maximize the pool.

    Ive lived and played with brazil: we aren't Brazilian.
    ive coached and played under European managers: we aren't European.
    You fantasy world is just a fantasy: fantasies don't win the cup.

    Until you have coached or played real football your opinions bore me.

    Again I appreciate your apology.


    Last edited by jmb; 02-16-2014 at 01:38 AM.
    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  7. #22
    All-Star
    Points: 35,935, Level: 58
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYcoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,203
    Points
    35,935
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 4

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I am after a manager that isn't afraid to tell people like you you to suck a lemon. I want a manager that understands the best footballers in the pool AND match a style to this talent pool. I dont give a single **** what the style is I want to find someone to maximize the pool.

    Ive lived and played with brazil: we aren't Brazilian.
    ive coached and played under European managers: we aren't European.
    You fantasy world is just a fantasy: fantasies don't win the cup.

    Until you have coached or played real football your opinions bore me.

    Again I appreciate your apology.

    I should not even dignify this with a response. However, what I just quoted you saying is a perfect example of Argumentum Ad Hominem



  8. #23
    All-Star
    Points: 35,935, Level: 58
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYcoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,203
    Points
    35,935
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 4

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Pablo Mastroeni.


    a few examples of you are wrong

    I am wrong huh? I remember good USMNT fans extremely concerned heading into the 2006 WC that Pablo Mastroeni was even included on that roster because of reckless undisciplined play.

    Then this happened U.S. Draws Italy, 1-1, Still Alive in 2006 FIFA World Cup - U.S. Soccer

    Tied 1-1 with Italy in the first half. When the USA was up a man. Guess who was reckless and undisciplined and sent off with a straight red in the 43 min? Effectively ruining our momentum. And you claim to know and be a student of the game? Not to mention you and others like you are trying to sell me the same bill of goods on an undisciplined and reckless Jermaine Jones? C'mon Man!



  9. #24
    Addict
    Points: 143,962, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,998
    Points
    143,962
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 292

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by CYcoFan View Post
    I am wrong huh? I remember good USMNT fans extremely concerned heading into the 2006 WC that Pablo Mastroeni was even included on that roster because of reckless undisciplined play.

    Then this happened U.S. Draws Italy, 1-1, Still Alive in 2006 FIFA World Cup - U.S. Soccer

    Tied 1-1 with Italy in the first half. When the USA was up a man. Guess who was reckless and undisciplined and sent off with a straight red in the 43 min? Effectively ruining our momentum. And you claim to know and be a student of the game? Not to mention you and others like you are trying to sell me the same bill of goods on an undisciplined and reckless Jermaine Jones? C'mon Man!
    I have sold nothing but a blatant disregard for belligerent know nothing's-you.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  10. #25
    Speechless
    Points: 222,660, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,245
    Points
    222,660
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,339
    Given: 84

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I have sold nothing but a blatant disregard for belligerent know nothing's-you.
    TIL JMB was an international football player.



  11. #26
    Addict
    Points: 143,962, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,998
    Points
    143,962
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 292

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    TIL JMB was an international football player.
    Nope. I did play overseas though.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  12. #27
    Speechless
    Points: 222,660, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,245
    Points
    222,660
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,339
    Given: 84

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Nope. I did play overseas though.
    I played pick-up with some Irish semi-professional football players when I went to school in Chicago. Most fun I've ever had playing, they matched my level of trash-talking and then some.



  13. #28
    Addict
    Points: 143,962, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,998
    Points
    143,962
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 292

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    I played pick-up with some Irish semi-professional football players when I went to school in Chicago. Most fun I've ever had playing, they matched my level of trash-talking and then some.
    I played with some dudes in similar situation. There wasn't much trash talk but lots of strong challenges and nobody wore shin guards.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  14. #29
    All-Star
    Points: 35,935, Level: 58
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYcoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,203
    Points
    35,935
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 4

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Nope. I did play overseas though.
    I have kicked the ball around East of RCA on ISU Campus with students from all over Europe, Korean students, Chinese Students. That makes me way more International Exp than you.

    Your turn.........


    Edit - Again as I said earlier Argumentum Ad Hominem do you understand this concept of proper argumentation?


    Last edited by CYcoFan; 02-16-2014 at 11:58 AM.

  15. #30
    Legend
    Points: 173,522, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VikesFan5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    11,071
    Points
    173,522
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 147

    Re: ***Official USMNT Thread***

    This thread became dumb. Let's get back on topic.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM