Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 348
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 776,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    28,390
    Points
    776,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,875
    Given: 15,035

    *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    NO. 11 IOWA STATE (18-5, 6-5)
    VS. TEXAS TECH (13-11, 5-6)
    SATURDAY, FEB. 15 | 12:45 PM CST
    AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)


    Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
    Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (color)
    TV: Big 12 Network
    Talent: Brad Sham (pxp); Stephen Howard (color)
    Live Internet Video: ESPN3/WatchESPN
    Live Stats & Blog: Available at Cyclones.com



    Time to get Monday's bad taste out of our mouths.


    Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    Dude, you are Gameday Rulzzz and could probably post about anything.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 148,190, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    10,521
    Points
    148,190
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,857
    Given: 5,943

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Should win by a lot. It's weird to think that with a loss we are tied with them for 7th.



  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 7,749, Level: 26
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Gtown25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Grinnell, IA
    Posts
    499
    Points
    7,749
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    3rd post



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 131,084, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclonespiker33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,693
    Points
    131,084
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,124
    Given: 510

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Wooooooo



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 112,308, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    stormchaser2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,863
    Points
    112,308
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,941
    Given: 3,003

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    5th..


    When you find that one show that connects you to the world, you become someone different. Someone better. When that show is taken from you, what do you become then?

    May 23rd 9pm & 24th 8 & 9pm

    Stripper Security

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 450,744, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    23,888
    Points
    450,744
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,777
    Given: 1,580

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Its my birthday, and i want a win.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 87,286, Level: 91
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    coolerifyoudid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    5,641
    Points
    87,286
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,212
    Given: 5,954

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Let's do this!



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 2,181

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    NO. 11 IOWA STATE (18-5, 6-5)
    VS. TEXAS TECH (13-11, 5-6)
    SATURDAY, FEB. 15 | 12:45 PM CST
    AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)


    Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
    Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (color)
    TV: Big 12 Network
    Talent: Brad Sham (pxp); Stephen Howard (color)
    Live Internet Video: ESPN3/WatchESPN
    Live Stats & Blog: Available at Cyclones.com



    Time to get Monday's bad taste out of our mouths.
    On top of your game again!


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 245,171, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,127
    Points
    245,171
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,036
    Given: 1,720

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Just win.... Preferably by 20+.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 29,001, Level: 52
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mjhavlo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,087
    Points
    29,001
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 44

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Beating them by more than 20 is highly unlikely...

    I would temper those expectations. Would be glad just to come away with a victory!

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    Just win.... Preferably by 20+.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 776,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    28,390
    Points
    776,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,875
    Given: 15,035

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Its my birthday, and i want a win.

    Happy Birthday Alarson! Like and Rep to you good sir.


    Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    Dude, you are Gameday Rulzzz and could probably post about anything.

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 776,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    28,390
    Points
    776,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,875
    Given: 15,035

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    On top of your game again!

    FYI ISU conf. record in home games with myself as gameday thread starter 4-0. So we are good.


    Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    Dude, you are Gameday Rulzzz and could probably post about anything.

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 29,001, Level: 52
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mjhavlo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,087
    Points
    29,001
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 44

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    For some reason I am more concerned about our team beating Texas Tech tomorrow than I am beating Texas on Tuesday...

    Hope I'm wrong!



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 4,712, Level: 20
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    andymhallman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fairfield, Iowa
    Posts
    428
    Points
    4,712
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 185

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    I'm not sure I have the stomach to predict a blowout victory for ISU in light of what the Cyclones did Monday and what the Red Raiders did in Norman. Heck, we struggled to put away the worst team in the conference on our home floor last Saturday, so why would we be able to beat a surging Tech team by 20? The people who think that is likely have been watching a different Iowa State team from the one I've seen.

    Early in conference play we had some bad shooting games from behind the arc and people attributed it to having off nights. We've had a lot of off nights through the first 11 games, which is why we're dead last in three point percentage, which is unbelievable considering how good we were last year. Niang has turned into our most consistent threat from outside, while the guards Thomas and Long are not quite the dead-eye shooters we hoped at the beginning of the year. I think we just have to accept the fact this is not a good three-point shooting team and that we should stop taking so many of them.

    I think we can all agree Iowa State is not the 11th best team in the country. They are probably more like the 20th best team.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 29,001, Level: 52
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mjhavlo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,087
    Points
    29,001
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 44

    Re: *** Official Texas Tech at Iowa State Game (Day) Thread ***

    I am mjhavlo76, and I approve this message! Amen brother!

    Quote Originally Posted by andymhallman View Post
    I'm not sure I have the stomach to predict a blowout victory for ISU in light of what the Cyclones did Monday and what the Red Raiders did in Norman. Heck, we struggled to put away the worst team in the conference on our home floor last Saturday, so why would we be able to beat a surging Tech team by 20? The people who think that is likely have been watching a different Iowa State team from the one I've seen.

    Early in conference play we had some bad shooting games from behind the arc and people attributed it to having off nights. We've had a lot of off nights through the first 11 games, which is why we're dead last in three point percentage, which is unbelievable considering how good we were last year. Niang has turned into our most consistent threat from outside, while the guards Thomas and Long are not quite the dead-eye shooters we hoped at the beginning of the year. I think we just have to accept the fact this is not a good three-point shooting team and that we should stop taking so many of them.

    I think we can all agree Iowa State is not the 11th best team in the country. They are probably more like the 20th best team.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM