Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 594
    Given: 322

Re: 2014 Chicago Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    I got sucked into reading the comments on an ESPN article about the Cubs, holy **** there are a lot of dumb Cubs fans out there. People ******** about moving Russell and Bonifcacio for a minor leaguer, a lot of people seem to really want to win 70 games instead of 66. What Theo and Jed have done in less than three years is extremely impressive, the Cubs are now set up to have a long run of success and are going to have a lot of money to spend in the next few years.
    You got me to look....and I'm not a better man for it! I'm not sure what Jed and Theo could've done better to communicate the plan to the fan base. They laid it out there from the beginning.

Considering the state of the team and the amount of players that have been in the revolving door you'd have to say this rebuild is on track and looking successful ao far.

Sure tickets to Wrigley could be lower, but would that really impact gate revenue all that much? The Cubs media deals make them rely on gate receipts too much, but they could still sell the Wrigley experience and get the turnstiles moving.

Next season will be frustrating and fun all at once! Go Cubs!

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 366
    Given: 152

Quote Originally Posted by BigJCy View Post
    Javy Baez just got called up to majors. Making his debut in Colorado tomorrow.
    Playing second I assume?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 866
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    Playing second I assume?
    I would guess so, Alacantra moves to CF. Although, Castro did look like he tweaked his back during his pinch hit appearance yesterday so maybe it's at SS for him.

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 594
    Given: 322

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    I would guess so, Alacantra moves to CF. Although, Castro did look like he tweaked his back during his pinch hit appearance yesterday so maybe it's at SS for him.
    Castro about to get the Wally Pipp treatment?

Starter
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by BigJCy View Post
    Javy Baez just got called up to majors. Making his debut in Colorado tomorrow.
    Best news I have heard out of Chicago in months. I think Theo getting to build his parking lot made him happy enough to call up one of the young guns.

Whooo Parking lots!

Smoke um if you got um

Legend
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,027
    Given: 563

I bet he has a beastly start and we trade him this offseason for a top pitching prospect

But why Cubswin, why would they do that?

Because name all the great hitting second basemen out there in the MLB this year. There are none.

We trade him, Castro moves to second this offseason, we bring in a ****** man to take over short, and Russel takes over short in 2016.

The only reason I think this is because:

1) Bryant has had no time in the outfield at all this year. It's pretty clear thirds his spot.
    2) Cubs have said a million times that Castro and Rizzo are the center of all of this, and with his amazing contract, no way we trade Castro. Remember, he's only 2 years older than Baez.
    3) Since joining, Russell is the best prospect in our system. He won't be moving from short.

The only way he doesn't get traded is if Castro starts working in the outfield. .

CF Big Brother Winner Season 1

CF Amazing Race Winner Season 1*

Future CF Survivor Winner Season 4

Legend
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 946
    Given: 51

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    I bet he has a beastly start and we trade him this offseason for a top pitching prospect

Because name all the great hitting second basemen out there in the MLB this year. There are none.

We trade him, Castro moves to second this offseason, we bring in a ****** man to take over short, and Russel takes over short in 2016.

1) Bryant has had no time in the outfield at all this year. It's pretty clear thirds his spot.
    2) Cubs have said a million times that Castro and Rizzo are the center of all of this, and with his amazing contract, no way we trade Castro. Remember, he's only 2 years older than Baez.
    3) Since joining, Russell is the best prospect in our system. He won't be moving from short.

The only way he doesn't get traded is if Castro starts working in the outfield. .
    I think Castro is more likely to be traded than Baez.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,215
    Given: 2,530

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    I think Castro is more likely to be traded than Baez.
    I'd like to keep all three as long as we can, but if one had to go I would ship Castro as well. Assuming Baez and Russell both deliver.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Castro's 24 and has been an all-star 3 of the 4 possible times at short stop, which is the most difficult position on the field. And his contract is probably the best deal we could ever ask for.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 22

You don't trade Baez for a pitching prospect. Come on. I honestly disagree with just about everything you wrote in this post. The only thing you trade these guys for are established major leaguers.

Screw pitchers, especially young pitchers who haven't proven anything in the majors yet. They all get hurt.

There is no reason for Bryant to move to the OF right now considering he won't be coming up this year. I bet we see him in RF next year for the 15 or so games he plays in Iowa.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,215
    Given: 2,530

The Mariners paid a hell of a lot of money for a 2nd baseman this year. Cano isn't tearing the cover off the ball power wise, but he's a commodity. Chase Utley and Ian Kinsler are pretty valuable as well.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 866
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 42

Thus if you have a 2B who can put up an .850-900 OPS you have a big advantage. The Cubs don't need to trade for pitching this offseason. They have a super young, super cheap core coming up over the next two years. They'll have a lot of money to throw at FA pitchers over the next cpl of offseasons, they don't need to try to win it all next year.

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

Making this move at this time tells me they are NOT planning on trading him. Why would they risk hurting his value by bringing him up not to mention starting his service clock a year early?

Visit our blog for all things ISU...

www.ourtwosense.blogspot.com

Legend
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 946
    Given: 51

Catcher is harder than ss.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

So if you could get a future ace prospect for a future...mmm...lets say 5 time all star. You wouldn't make that trade?

Especially when we have the bats already to potentially win a world series without Baez, but Arrieta as our only future starting pitcher?