Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 1

CPR's press conference

Iím a huge Paul Rhoads fan Ė so happy heís the leader of our program. However, I was a little disappointed at his press conference yesterday. This is just my opinion, but I believe Paul made two mistakes.

First, I donít think Paul should have taken jabs at Notre Dame and Iowa for continuing to recruit Lazard up to the last minute. It seems a little hypocritical to say something like this when all coaches, including Paul, recruit other teamsí commits (e.g., Paul got Jake Campos to flip on his commitment to Missouri). Maybe Paul was bringing this up to point out Lazardís commitment to his word. If so, he could have made the point without jabbing Iowa and Notre Dame for doing what all teams, including Iowa State, do.

Second, I donít agree with his decision to make Lazard off limits to the media next year. This only elevates Lazardís status as being Ďspecialí over the other players, and I think thatís the last thing Paul should be doing. Either make all freshmen off limits to the media as they do at Iowa, or make them all available. Donít single out your star recruit, especially when heís already demonstrated that heís a very mature and level headed young man.

Just my opinion.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 25

Re: CPR's press conference

OK...glad you got that off your chest.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,035
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 288

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonestate View Post
    I’m a huge Paul Rhoads fan – so happy he’s the leader of our program. However, I was a little disappointed at his press conference yesterday. This is just my opinion, but I believe Paul made two mistakes.

First, I don’t think Paul should have taken jabs at Notre Dame and Iowa for continuing to recruit Lazard up to the last minute. It seems a little hypocritical to say something like this when all coaches, including Paul, recruit other teams’ commits (e.g., Paul got Jake Campos to flip on his commitment to Missouri). Maybe Paul was bringing this up to point out Lazard’s commitment to his word. If so, he could have made the point without jabbing Iowa and Notre Dame for doing what all teams, including Iowa State, do.

Second, I don’t agree with his decision to make Lazard off limits to the media next year. This only elevates Lazard’s status as being ‘special’ over the other players, and I think that’s the last thing Paul should be doing. Either make all freshmen off limits to the media as they do at Iowa, or make them all available. Don’t single out your star recruit, especially when he’s already demonstrated that he’s a very mature and level headed young man.

Just my opinion.
    You realize he's just doing it to tell the media to p*ss off for everything they did/wrote during Lazard's recruitment right? If they are mad about it they can thank Marty Tirrell

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 32

PR's program and he will run it the way he wants.

Walk On
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 44

Sounds like you were just listening to KXNo. I listened and I was annoyed with Randy and all of them, there's always another side of the story. Point one, I think CPR was just pointing out how big of a recruit Lazard is and how big of a deal it is that ISU was able to get him and letting everyone know that he had a LOT of interest from other programs, and it shuts up the "we didn't want him anyways" hawk fans. Point two, nobody outside of the program knows why Lazard is being kept off limits, it's all just speculation, who knows, maybe Lazard told CPR that he was sick of the media and Rhoads solved the problem.

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Sounds like you were just listening to KXNo. I listened and I was annoyed with Randy and all of them, there's always another side of the story. Point one, I think CPR was just pointing out how big of a recruit Lazard is and how big of a deal it is that ISU was able to get him and letting everyone know that he had a LOT of interest from other programs, and it shuts up the "we didn't want him anyways" hawk fans. Point two, nobody outside of the program knows why Lazard is being kept off limits, it's all just speculation, who knows, maybe Lazard told CPR that he was sick of the media and Rhoads solved the problem.
    This is what I hope actually happened and Rhoads is just protecting Lazard from further scrutiny by deflecting attention to himself.

Rookie
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 40

Your opinion ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on...

And I mean that with all due respect.

Kobe 24

Pro
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 159

Maybe Paul thought he had a couple "buddies" saying things they shouldn't.

What a punchable face.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 958
    Given: 48

Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    This is what I hope actually happened and Rhoads is just protecting Lazard from further scrutiny by deflecting attention to himself.
    You mean like ALL good leaders in any discipline would do? Pretty novel concept by some on here, I think. Amazing a head coach would do that...

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 97

I saw it more as gloating than anything. He basically just said that they wasted a lot of time, money, and effort for nothing. Kind of a "This kid is ours" thing.

As far as Lazard being off-limits to media, I think it's more of a favor to Allen than anything with the constant media attention he has gotten over the past year. When Allen signed his LOI he basically said something in the interview along the lines of "Now I hope I can just enjoy my senior year as a highschooler".

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 235
    Given: 335

I see it took a long time to figure out how Lazard is a negative.

The media ban serves a couple purposes, none of which is CPR making Allen special or elevating him above his teammates. If anything it makes him more like his peers. How many other freshmen are going get that much attention from the media?

It's an F you to the media members who almost seemed to want him to decommit. And it's a message to Lazard that it's time to put the media circus behind and get to work.

"But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

"I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 979
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4

Obviously some have troubles reading between the lines here so let me help. CPR: "You local media people have been nothing but giant d-bags through Lizards entire recruiting process and I know interviewing him would sell news papers and get you some page clicks but for that you can all suck a fat ****."

Last edited by Ry4Cy; 02-06-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonestate View Post
    Iím a huge Paul Rhoads fan Ė so happy heís the leader of our program. However, I was a little disappointed at his press conference yesterday. This is just my opinion, but I believe Paul made two mistakes.

First, I donít think Paul should have taken jabs at Notre Dame and Iowa for continuing to recruit Lazard up to the last minute. It seems a little hypocritical to say something like this when all coaches, including Paul, recruit other teamsí commits (e.g., Paul got Jake Campos to flip on his commitment to Missouri). Maybe Paul was bringing this up to point out Lazardís commitment to his word. If so, he could have made the point without jabbing Iowa and Notre Dame for doing what all teams, including Iowa State, do.

Second, I donít agree with his decision to make Lazard off limits to the media next year. This only elevates Lazardís status as being Ďspecialí over the other players, and I think thatís the last thing Paul should be doing. Either make all freshmen off limits to the media as they do at Iowa, or make them all available. Donít single out your star recruit, especially when heís already demonstrated that heís a very mature and level headed young man.

Just my opinion.
    I suggest ... One .... Bobby Elliott's backstabbing ISU on multiple occasions has something to do with PBR's response (funny how Peterson et al have ever questioned BE on any of this) ... Second .... You and the rest of us don't know all the facts regarding Iowa's actions. I trust PBR all the wAy on this one.

Last edited by Madclone1; 02-06-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 229

I find this whole thing funny. The media runs stories every week almost hoping he'll flip. He doesn't, and CPR calls them out on it. And then they cry about it

Pro
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 85

I'm guessing he was tired the constant media speculation of Lazard's commitment and I don't blame him. I know I was sure tired of it since there was never any basis to it. So, rubbing their nose in it OK with me.

I'm also OK with him taking a shot at Notre Dame and Kirk. It also reminds Tavern Hawks that Kirk is no more "classy" than any other college coach.

CPR landed a very big fish that he had to keep on the line for over a year. I'm Ok with him gloating a bit when he gets it in the boat and it is time for a picture.

"We don't have thugs." - Fran McCaffery