Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 45,773, Level: 66
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,177
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,031
    Points
    45,773
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 116

    It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Lots of fans and pundits were talking about how we were 1-4 in our last 5 games before Oklahoma game. Now after last night, we are 3-1 with 3 wins over ranked teams in our last 4. Now heading into the soft spot of our schedule.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 157,133, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,944
    Points
    157,133
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 90

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by megamanxzero35 View Post
    Lots of fans and pundits were talking about how we were 1-4 in our last 5 games before Oklahoma game. Now after last night, we are 3-1 with 3 wins over ranked teams in our last 4. Now heading into the soft spot of our schedule.
    Right.

    I noticed that ESPN showed the 1-4 thing while neglecting to mention we got beat by a top ten KU team twice. Pardon me if I'm not griping after two losses to KU and two other ranked teams at their places...


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 29,686, Level: 52
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CYUL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,204
    Points
    29,686
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 466

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Amazing what a win will do, on Big Monday, no less.



    #Prohmised Land: Ames, IA

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 66,096, Level: 79
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Sigmapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,590
    Points
    66,096
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 498
    Given: 77

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    We finish strong and this is an incredibly season--maybe the program's second-best ever after the Elite Eight appearance and the Malice in the Palace.

    USA Today | Sports | NCAAB

    Elo has us at #10. I'm not objecting to that one bit.

    (Iowa at #6? Wow. That was a bigger game than we all, Hawkeyes included, though even at the time.)



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 265,815, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines River Valley
    Posts
    11,914
    Points
    265,815
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,965
    Given: 4,251

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmapolis View Post
    We finish strong and this is an incredibly season--maybe the program's second-best ever after the Elite Eight appearance and the Malice in the Palace.

    USA Today | Sports | NCAAB

    Elo has us at #10. I'm not objecting to that one bit.

    (Iowa at #6? Wow. That was a bigger game than we all, Hawkeyes included, though even at the time.)
    I must be a ******* moron, because I have no idea how anything could have Iowa above Iowa State. Wins over Top 25, wins on the road. Losses about similar. Oh right, and the fact that we beat them!


    #Team Prohm #ProhmanEmpire #ProhmanColiseum

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 786,358, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    53,679
    Points
    786,358
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,402
    Given: 2,423

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Jay Mohr just talked about the college basketball from last night, mentioned the Syracuse win and then said that even bigger than that was the Iowa State win at Stillwater. He said "that was really big, my friends".



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 78,856, Level: 87
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,294
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    3,651
    Points
    78,856
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 370

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Jay Mohr just talked about the college basketball from last night, mentioned the Syracuse win and then said that even bigger than that was the Iowa State win at Stillwater. He said "that was really big, my friends".
    I was just with Jay Mohr last Tuesday night! No lie. We talked at length about his mad-love for the Cyclones and Paul Rhoads. He actually does a great impression of CPR and the "So Proud"-thing, although he kinda wears it out after a few minutes. "I am so proud to drink this scotch!" "You don't just throw your arm around a guy, and hit on his girlfriend!"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	541 
Size:	702.3 KB 
ID:	24688


    Last edited by TXCyclones; 02-04-2014 at 01:50 PM.

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 786,358, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    53,679
    Points
    786,358
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,402
    Given: 2,423

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    I was just with Jay Mohr last Tuesday night! No lie. We talked at length about his mad-love for the Cyclones and Paul Rhoads. He actually does a great impression of CPR and the "So Proud"-thing, although he kinda wears it out after a few minutes. "I am so proud to drink this scotch!" "You don't just throw your arm around a guy, and hit on his girlfriend!"
    Awesome.....Jay Mohr seems like a guy that would be awesome to hang out with. Just constantly upbeat and positive.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 40,567, Level: 62
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,083
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,785
    Points
    40,567
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 345
    Given: 207

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    I was just with Jay Mohr last Tuesday night! No lie. We talked at length about his mad-love for the Cyclones and Paul Rhoads. He actually does a great impression of CPR and the "So Proud"-thing, although he kinda wears it out after a few minutes. "I am so proud to drink this scotch!" "You don't just throw your arm around a guy, and hit on his girlfriend!"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	541 
Size:	702.3 KB 
ID:	24688

    Awesome to meet him....less than awesome red-eye reduction

    I have loved Jay as a comic for a long time...came to ISU back in the day for a stand up show and went 2+ hours.

    I had emailed him one time back then and he wrote back and we corresponded a few weeks..legit sports fan, nice person.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 51,135, Level: 69
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,337
    Points
    51,135
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 755
    Given: 966

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by megamanxzero35 View Post
    Lots of fans and pundits were talking about how we were 1-4 in our last 5 games before Oklahoma game. Now after last night, we are 3-1 with 3 wins over ranked teams in our last 4. Now heading into the soft spot of our schedule.
    We live in a world of overreactions. If Long misses that shot, many ISU fans are mailing it in stating that the team is doomed and headed for a free fall. Since they won, many ISU fans now proclaiming them on their way to winning out and getting a #1 seed. People lose their minds trying to predict the future. Projecting future results right after an exciting, huge win is like going to a bar, getting wasted and then trying to find your future spouse. Probably not a good idea.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 517,358, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    35,558
    Points
    517,358
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,216
    Given: 1,576

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Jay Mohr has this irrational crush on all things Iowa State. While totally awesome, there is no logical reason why he loves us so much and is always giving us props on air.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.


  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 786,358, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    53,679
    Points
    786,358
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,402
    Given: 2,423

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Jay Mohr has this irrational crush on all things Iowa State. While totally awesome, there is no logical reason why he loves us so much and is always giving us props on air.
    I attribute it to CPR, maybe? The passion and fire of Coach Rhoads drew a lot of national attention and Jay seems like a sucker for that kind of thing.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 22,578, Level: 46
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,428
    Points
    22,578
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 23

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    We live in a world of overreactions. If Long misses that shot, many ISU fans are mailing it in stating that the team is doomed and headed for a free fall. Since they won, many ISU fans now proclaiming them on their way to winning out and getting a #1 seed. People lose their minds trying to predict the future. Projecting future results right after an exciting, huge win is like going to a bar, getting wasted and then trying to find your future spouse. Probably not a good idea.
    If smiff!! Live in the now, we won!!!!!!!! 9 out of 10 times Lucy takes the ball and Chuck ends up on his back as we Cyclone fans have seen way too many times. This time good ol' Chuck booted that Beotch right through the uprights! Enjoy it while we can as we've been on the other end of the stick too many times.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 786,358, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    53,679
    Points
    786,358
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,402
    Given: 2,423

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by 19210 View Post
    If smiff!! Live in the now, we won!!!!!!!! 9 out of 10 times Lucy takes the ball and Chuck ends up on his back as we Cyclone fans have seen way too many times. This time good ol' Chuck booted that Beotch right through the uprights! Enjoy it while we can as we've been on the other end of the stick too many times.
    I don't think Twocoach enjoyed our win as much as the KU win tonight



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 14,246, Level: 36
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatMeWorry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    554
    Points
    14,246
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 75

    Re: It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

    Jay Mohr was a wrestler and loves the sport. Cael Sanderson. That is why he loves us.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM