Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 249
  1. #226
    Pro
    Points: 31,379, Level: 54
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,270
    Points
    31,379
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 2

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    What is hilarious about the whole Embiid staying/going pro situation is Kansas fans thinking it would be wise for Embiid to come back to college when he is likely a top 5 pick. Yet, they call Marcus Smart's decision to come back the dumbest decision of any college player ever...

    FUNNY!!!!




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

  2. #227
    Rookie
    Points: 7,017, Level: 24
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    394
    Points
    7,017
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    They aren't bad just because they have a few losses. They will go out when they come up against a big time D. Don't think they lose to a lower seed considering they'll be 3-4.



  3. #228
    All-Star
    Points: 11,962, Level: 33
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,434
    Points
    11,962
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by EYEoftheSTORM View Post
    What is hilarious about the whole Embiid staying/going pro situation is Kansas fans thinking it would be wise for Embiid to come back to college when he is likely a top 5 pick. Yet, they call Marcus Smart's decision to come back the dumbest decision of any college player ever...

    FUNNY!!!!
    I don't think Smart's decision to come back was dumb by any means. He just failed to make any of the improvements he set out to make. If you say you want to improve your jumper to be better ready to play in the NBA and then a year later you are still shooting the same bad percentage it means that you didn't put in the work necessary to improve. I don't see Embiid as having a "motivation to improve" problem. The kid has improved by leaps and bounds over the season.



  4. #229
    Pro
    Points: 40,200, Level: 61
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,791
    Points
    40,200
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    I think Embiid should go but if he doesn't feel ready then stay. Smart staying wasn't dumb and frankly unless you need the money I wish more kids like Smart stayed. It makes college basketball better.



  5. #230
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 34,956, Level: 57
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyTwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,825
    Points
    34,956
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 106

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    I think Embiid should go but if he doesn't feel ready then stay. Smart staying wasn't dumb and frankly unless you need the money I wish more kids like Smart stayed. It makes college basketball better.
    Unless you have court side seats



  6. #231
    Pro
    Points: 38,037, Level: 60
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience PointsSocial
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,324
    Points
    38,037
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 288

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyTwins View Post
    Unless you have court side seats
    Eh...let's be realistic...

    Based on what other players have said, the fan in question was making basketball ugly long before Smart got involved. You reap what you sow...



  7. #232
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,094, Level: 67
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    3,811
    Points
    48,094
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    I have a buddy who is a KU fan... he cracks me up with how much he stresses if they even fall behind by one point!



  8. #233
    All-Star
    Points: 11,962, Level: 33
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,434
    Points
    11,962
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    I think Embiid should go but if he doesn't feel ready then stay. Smart staying wasn't dumb and frankly unless you need the money I wish more kids like Smart stayed. It makes college basketball better.
    Agreed. Sounds like the new NBA commish is going to try to bump the age limit rule out to two years. I hope he is successful. Smart will still get drafted in the lottery and will be just fine.



  9. #234
    Prospect
    Points: 380, Level: 4
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Dad55Alumni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    39
    Points
    380
    Level
    4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Cool Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Agreed. Sounds like the new NBA commish is going to try to bump the age limit rule out to two years. I hope he is successful. Smart will still get drafted in the lottery and will be just fine.
    I certainly hope that is true and happens soon. Will make recruiting more stable. Now if the N.C.A.A. would just move the 3 pt circle out to NBA range, timeouts every 5 minutes vs. 4 min, 30 sec. shot clock and dump the possession arrow, we would have a better game again.



  10. #235
    Speechless
    Points: 846,233, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,751
    Points
    846,233
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 530

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Agreed. Sounds like the new NBA commish is going to try to bump the age limit rule out to two years. I hope he is successful. Smart will still get drafted in the lottery and will be just fine.

    I think your earlier point is a reason that Smart isn't a lottery guy: He knew that his jumper needed work and he didn't improve it. That speaks either to ability or dedication. That's a lot of money for a question mark in that area.

    I'd say that this season, beyond the obvious courtside incident, raises questions about leadership that make him better as a late pick, if a pick at all.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #236
    All-Star
    Points: 11,962, Level: 33
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,434
    Points
    11,962
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I think your earlier point is a reason that Smart isn't a lottery guy: He knew that his jumper needed work and he didn't improve it. That speaks either to ability or dedication. That's a lot of money for a question mark in that area.I'd say that this season, beyond the obvious courtside incident, raises questions about leadership that make him better as a late pick, if a pick at all.
    Most NBA guys realize that college kids are just stupid kids. They draft on talent. NBA GM's seem to believe that a work ethic can be taught as players mature. What can't be taught is being a 6'5" bull of a PG that is a natural leader of teammates. He'll still be Top 10. GMs of a team that needs a PG will be too afraid of being the guy that passed on him.



  12. #237
    All-Star
    Points: 11,962, Level: 33
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,434
    Points
    11,962
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad55Alumni View Post
    I certainly hope that is true and happens soon. Will make recruiting more stable. Now if the N.C.A.A. would just move the 3 pt circle out to NBA range, timeouts every 5 minutes vs. 4 min, 30 sec. shot clock and dump the possession arrow, we would have a better game again.
    I don't think they would change the TV timeout timing, but they could at least cut the number of team timeouts available.They don't need five. They should also allow players 6 fouls instead of 5. No one wants to watch the backups play. I agree on the 30 second shot clock, the possession arrow vs. an actual jump ball and the three point line.



  13. #238
    Speechless
    Points: 464,906, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,238
    Points
    464,906
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 287
    Given: 189

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    I don't think they would change the TV timeout timing, but they could at least cut the number of team timeouts available.They don't need five. They should also allow players 6 fouls instead of 5. No one wants to watch the backups play. I agree on the 30 second shot clock, the possession arrow vs. an actual jump ball and the three point line.
    But what would Scott Drew do if he couldn't call 4 time outs in the opening minutes of a game?


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  14. #239
    All-Star
    Points: 11,962, Level: 33
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,434
    Points
    11,962
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    But what would Scott Drew do if he couldn't call 4 time outs in the opening minutes of a game?
    Better than Roy Williams who would end a lost game with two timeouts still sitting out there unused... I swear sometimes he forgot that he could actually do something to help stop a run by the opponent.



  15. #240
    All-Star
    Points: 36,266, Level: 58
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    mikeiastat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,490
    Points
    36,266
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 7

    Re: Is this another "one and done" Kansas team?

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    I don't think they would change the TV timeout timing, but they could at least cut the number of team timeouts available.They don't need five. They should also allow players 6 fouls instead of 5. No one wants to watch the backups play. I agree on the 30 second shot clock, the possession arrow vs. an actual jump ball and the three point line.
    Pretty sure they already did for Withey.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM