Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 222
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 44,236, Level: 64
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,836
    Points
    44,236
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 17

    ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

    Lunardi has us at a 3 seed. And I love the teams we are paired with. I'm not scared of Memphis, Tennessee, or the 7, 10, and 2 seed.

    The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2014

    Bracket Matrix, aggregate bracket site, has us average 3.46. All of the brackets that updated Monday have us at a 3 or 4 with one 5 seed.

    Post any others that you find interesting.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 95,899, Level: 96
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,044
    Points
    95,899
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 467

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Quote Originally Posted by megamanxzero35 View Post
    Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

    Lunardi has us at a 3 seed. And I love the teams we are paired with. I'm not scared of Memphis, Tennessee, or the 7, 10, and 2 seed.
    I would take that subregion in a heartbeat. That path would have Elite-8 potential. Being a 3 seed and placed in Raleigh, however, would be semi-bogus.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 24,279, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,939
    Points
    24,279
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 335

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Quote Originally Posted by megamanxzero35 View Post
    Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPNLunardi has us at a 3 seed. And I love the teams we are paired with. I'm not scared of Memphis, Tennessee, or the 7, 10, and 2 seed.The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2014Bracket Matrix, aggregate bracket site, has us average 3.46. All of the brackets that updated Monday have us at a 3 or 4 with one 5 seed.Post any others that you find interesting.
    Villanova is a very good team and can give peeple fits. They play very tough defense. Ignore the ridiculous 3 point explosion that Creighton laid on them the other day, Nova is very good. I think it's crazy Lunardi moved Kentucky up to a #2 seed, that Mizzou is still in the bracket AT ALL and that Kansas jumped all the way to a #1 seed over teams like Wichita State, SDSU and Florida. Surprising.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 95,899, Level: 96
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,044
    Points
    95,899
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 467

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Lunardi's bracket seems fairly realistic. I could micro-nitpick at least one thing: He needed to flip UC Irvine w/ Georgia State. GSU as 14 is much closer to site than the 3; UCI & San Diego State are roughly same distance to site. Not a major issue, but it's avoidable.

    Then again, I think I'd rather face Georgia State than Irvine, so it'd be OK.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 44,236, Level: 64
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,836
    Points
    44,236
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 17

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Villanova is a very good team and can give peeple fits. They play very tough defense. Ignore the ridiculous 3 point explosion that Creighton laid on them the other day, Nova is very good. I think it's crazy Lunardi moved Kentucky up to a #2 seed, that Mizzou is still in the bracket AT ALL and that Kansas jumped all the way to a #1 seed over teams like Wichita State, SDSU and Florida. Surprising.
    But they play relatively small ball like us. That is why I don't fear them as much as a team that might have athletic bigs like Kansas.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 44,236, Level: 64
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,836
    Points
    44,236
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 17

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    I would take that subregion in a heartbeat. That path would have Elite-8 potential. Being a 3 seed and placed in Raleigh, however, would be semi-bogus.
    I would love to be in Milwaukee.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 66,691, Level: 80
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,359
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,237
    Points
    66,691
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 50

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    ISU / Michigan rematch for the final 4..........i like.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 26,764, Level: 50
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 786
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    CYUL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,050
    Points
    26,764
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 119

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    7 out of 10 Big XII schools in the bracket...we are the toughest conference on the board at this point. Gonna be a slugfest to get through conf season (as we are already seeing).

    Go Cyclones!


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 44,236, Level: 64
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,836
    Points
    44,236
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 17

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Quote Originally Posted by CYUL8R View Post
    7 out of 10 Big XII schools in the bracket...we are the toughest conference on the board at this point. Gonna be a slugfest to get through conf season (as we are already seeing).

    Go Cyclones!
    I think 7 schools would set a percentage record.



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 3,125, Level: 16
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    380
    Points
    3,125
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 96

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    I have been watching Memphis all year, cause my roommate is from there. They remind me a lot of ISU. They can beat anybody on any given night, but they can lose to anybody on any given night. They have a good front court, and have ability to light it up from 3 point line, BUT it's probably the best bracket we could hope for. I'd love to see us in a region with those teams- maybe a little closer to home, though!



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 24,279, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,939
    Points
    24,279
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 335

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneZone13 View Post
    I have been watching Memphis all year, cause my roommate is from there. They remind me a lot of ISU. They can beat anybody on any given night, but they can lose to anybody on any given night. They have a good front court, and have ability to light it up from 3 point line, BUT it's probably the best bracket we could hope for. I'd love to see us in a region with those teams- maybe a little closer to home, though!
    ISU isn't going to get closer to home than that. The pods in St. Louis will go to Kansas and Wichita State, the pods in Milwaukee will go to Michigan State and whatever other Big 10 team is a Top 4 seed and the pods in San Antonio will go to Oklahoma State and Creighton (if they keep a Top 3/4 seed). If ISU pulls up to a #2 seed they could get into San Antonio ahead of Okie State or Creighton but that's not much closer than Raleigh. In general, the sites suck this year. Bring back Kansas City or Omaha!



  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,553, Level: 22
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    314
    Points
    5,553
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 57

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    ISU isn't going to get closer to home than that. The pods in St. Louis will go to Kansas and Wichita State, the pods in Milwaukee will go to Michigan State and whatever other Big 10 team is a Top 4 seed and the pods in San Antonio will go to Oklahoma State and Creighton (if they keep a Top 3/4 seed). If ISU pulls up to a #2 seed they could get into San Antonio ahead of Okie State or Creighton but that's not much closer than Raleigh. In general, the sites suck this year. Bring back Kansas City or Omaha!
    Location wise if you are an ISU or Iowa fan, St. Louis or Milwaukee would be ideal. I am hoping Iowa gets placed in San Antonio. Hell I might even go to SA if ISU gets placed there. There is not a better place to hang out with a bunch of fans from your favorite team than the Riverwalk.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 156,018, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,823
    Points
    156,018
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 675
    Given: 7

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    With all the gloom and doom on this site it's a refreshing reminder that we are still slotted as a top 4 seed.



  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,328, Level: 30
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wcamnclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    292
    Points
    10,328
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    I guess it's possible with the pod system that we have for the bracket and 2 pods have to play at each site. But find it hard to believe that the committee would let ISU stay in Raleigh as a 3 seed and for Duke as a 4 seed to go out to San Diego.

    I thought the point of the pod system was to allow the top 4 seeds in each region to stay relatively close to home given the sites of the second/third rounds?



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 18,536, Level: 41
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 414
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Chitowncy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    734
    Points
    18,536
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 28

    Re: ***2014 Bracketolgy***

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    With all the gloom and doom on this site it's a refreshing reminder that we are still slotted as a top 4 seed.
    Exactly. I would venture to guess that the same posters going crazy and melting down would have jumped at the chance to be a three seed at this point in the season! It's awesome. I will be ecstatic if ISU can hold the line and maintain a three seed here on out. I think it will require them to go about 12 - 6 in the conference though, maybe 11 - 7 with a Championship Big XII Tourney run.

    My guess is that we'll finish 11 - 7 with a 4 or 5 seed.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM