Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 13

Re: Legal question

NEVER talk to the police under any circumstances if you are being suspected of a crime. If they call again just ask if they have a warrant for your arrest and if they don't, tell them to **** off.

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 78

Next time you run over mailboxes pick them up and sink them in the ocean, ala Dexter.

"We don't have thugs." - Fran McCaffery

Burgermeister!
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 425

Quote Originally Posted by psycln11 View Post
    However, you can't modify the date the file or photo was originally created.

Asteroids are nature's way of asking "How's that space program going?"

Legend
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 964
    Given: 926

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    There's nothing. Even if they file, I can't imagine a prosecutor (unless they're a total moron) would try to go anywhere with that charge.

I wondered where you you were. I'd probably listen to ^^ this guy. He plays a lawyer on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    Next time you see them take a swing at the biggest one to assert your dominance.
    then stare them straight in the eyes. Alpha always wins.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 454

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    I wondered where you you were. I'd probably listen to ^^ this guy. He plays a lawyer on this site.

then stare them straight in the eyes. Alpha always wins.

True. They eyes are the groin of the head.

@RandomGeoFacts

Legend
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 148

Quote Originally Posted by AIBClone View Post
    Yesterday morning a cop shows up and asks me if I hit something(Yes a deer in 2012. Truck is a piece so of course not worth the fix it.) I said yes and explained the situation. Asked him what the problem was as I was asked about it 2 months ago when I was pulled over for a headlight out. Anyhow, today he damn near beats my door down, but I slept through it. He leaves his business card so I call him later. Meet him at Polk County, puts me in his car and reads me my rights. Starts showing me pictures of a mailbox that got knocked down the other night. I of course told him where I was and let him know that I had about 10 witnesses to prove it. So he takes me inside where a detective grills me for about 10 minutes before she gives up. Says they will press charges and I walk out the front door and go home. Should I be worried or were they just trying to scare me to get me to admit to a crime I didnt commit or do they really have something here? Should I lawyer up? They say the tracks match my truck and it happened 2 blocks from my house. I have somebody with me from 6:30 til the next day. Not sure when the crime happened.
    Wait, so they read you your rights, and then threatened to press charges right before letting you walk out the door? I thought once you were read your rights, that meant that you were under arrest and that charges were inevitable? At least that is what I have gathered from my many years of watching Law and Order...

Rookie
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 110

I made the mistake of talking to cops when I was 19 while trying to help them...little did I know that they were lying to me and subsequently pressed charges against me. I wouldn't say **** without a lawyer present.

"I'm not vain...I'm awesome" - Me

Addict
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,669
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 101

OP, if you've never watched this video, take a peak. You must know your rights! While this isn't the same situation as yours, it illustrates the importance of knowing your rights as an American citizen so you are not unfairly treated by the police.

This is very interesting situation showing a young guy at a police traffic checkpoint last July 4th. Warning: while you're learning something, this might make you mad too:

4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched without Consent, while Innocent - YouTube

CCG

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,468
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 83

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    OP, if you've never watched this video, take a peak. You must know your rights! While this isn't the same situation as yours, it illustrates the importance of knowing your rights as an American citizen so you are not unfairly treated by the police.

This is very interesting situation showing a young guy at a police traffic checkpoint last July 4th. Warning: while you're learning something, this might make you mad too:

4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched without Consent, while Innocent - YouTube
    that is ******* scary

John Walters is my hero

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 827
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 117

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post

Yeah, and that guy was an average white male. You can see how easily it is for someone to be pulled over and then "trapped" by questions or being scared.

One of my regrets from a few years back, it was late on a Sunday night (about 10PM) and I was driving home after visiting my now wife. I was leaving a small town in southern Nebraska and got pulled over (they said I was going like 40 in a 35...as I increased speed to go 55 out of town). I had out of state plates and these two cops (small town, probably ages 25-30?) questioned me...yeah, TWO cops in a town of probably 1,000 people.

I gave my info as requested, but the one guy was poking around and did a "do you mind if we look in your car?" In hindsight, wish I would have just said no, but having nothing to hide I said "sure" as I just wanted to get home as I had about an hour left on my way home (and it had been a long night...hit a dog on the way home!).

They proceeded to open my duffle bags and look through them...I also had a guitar and they said, "what's in there?" as they pointed at the case...me, 'a guitar' and, surprise, that's what was in the case when they opened it. I shared exactly where I was coming from/going to.

Anyway, I REALLY wish I would have just not talked...just because in hindsight, i would have loved to see them try to figure out what to do with me.

Addict
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 510
    Given: 7

In my line of work I see alot of disgusting police tactics that are used to coerce people into giving confessions. Just the other day I listened to a interrogation where the investigator convinced a juvenile that he had done the community a favor by destroying a piece of property, as everyone in the neighboorhood hated it anyway. Moral of the story, do not talk to the police. If they charge you and a prosectuor feels they have a case against you, get a lawyer then. Talking to the police will only strengthen any case they have against you, as a judge can never infer guilt from you invoking your right to remain silent.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 91

Quote Originally Posted by CapnCy View Post
    Yeah, and that guy was an average white male. You can see how easily it is for someone to be pulled over and then "trapped" by questions or being scared.

One of my regrets from a few years back, it was late on a Sunday night (about 10PM) and I was driving home after visiting my now wife. I was leaving a small town in southern Nebraska and got pulled over (they said I was going like 40 in a 35...as I increased speed to go 55 out of town). I had out of state plates and these two cops (small town, probably ages 25-30?) questioned me...yeah, TWO cops in a town of probably 1,000 people.

I gave my info as requested, but the one guy was poking around and did a "do you mind if we look in your car?" In hindsight, wish I would have just said no, but having nothing to hide I said "sure" as I just wanted to get home as I had about an hour left on my way home (and it had been a long night...hit a dog on the way home!).

They proceeded to open my duffle bags and look through them...I also had a guitar and they said, "what's in there?" as they pointed at the case...me, 'a guitar' and, surprise, that's what was in the case when they opened it. I shared exactly where I was coming from/going to.

Anyway, I REALLY wish I would have just not talked...just because in hindsight, i would have loved to see them try to figure out what to do with me.
    In my younger days I got my car searched a few times, by town cops, they just would start looking around in it I didn't know better at the time. Good thing they were dumbasses.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,835
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by psycln11 View Post
    However, you can't modify the date the file or photo was originally created.
    Never tried it before, but couldnt you save on to thumb drive. Change the date on your computer to the desired date, drag file back over from the thumb drive?

All-Star
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 131

Don't do anything until you hear from Clones21!

Addict
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 333
    Given: 61

Quote Originally Posted by JWIL4CY View Post
    NEVER talk to the police under any circumstances if you are being suspected of a crime. If they call again just ask if they have a warrant for your arrest and if they don't, tell them to **** off.
    I don't think I'd word it like that.