Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 4

Re: ISU Gag Order??

I thought this thread was about farts, cause some gag you. Disappointing.

Recruit
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    This is the part that makes me wonder as well. I don't know how you can justify the outcome of the Bubu situation with Albert Gary, other than there was some external pressure placed on JP/Leath. Leath took office January 16, 2012 and Gary plead guilty on April 16th, 2012 to a Class C felony as well as going armed with intent. The guy got 3 years of probation and had to report to a halfway house. I can't think of any rationalization for him being allowed to compete but Bubu, having never been found guilty in any way, violated the Code of Conduct and couldn't play...
    As it relates to the Bubu Palo issue, the public Is not privy to every aspect of this case. However, virtually every element of the trial and the entire case history has been extremely well documented and reviewed by a great majority of those in the Cyclone nation. Perceived problems with Diane Stahle’s counsel, Leath’s ruling and the Iowa Board of Regents’ affirmation have been synergistically amplified by a recent poorly chosen press release issued by Jamie Pollard, ISU’s Director of Athletics The Administrative Law Judge ruled that the University’s complaint against Mr. Palo was “not founded” and that the “board of regents allegations are without merit.” The ALJ’s ruling was obviously influenced to some degree by forensic scientists who found inconsistency in the alleged victim’s account suggesting evidence tamping and falsified testimony. Bubu was a valued team member and is likely to be welcomed back by all members of the team and the coach providing a minimal distraction!

Starter
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Seedman View Post
    As it relates to the Bubu Palo issue, the public Is not privy to every aspect of this case. However, virtually every element of the trial and the entire case history has been extremely well documented and reviewed by a great majority of those in the Cyclone nation. Perceived problems with Diane Stahle’s counsel, Leath’s ruling and the Iowa Board of Regents’ affirmation have been synergistically amplified by a recent poorly chosen press release issued by Jamie Pollard, ISU’s Director of Athletics The Administrative Law Judge ruled that the University’s complaint against Mr. Palo was “not founded” and that the “board of regents allegations are without merit.” The ALJ’s ruling was obviously influenced to some degree by forensic scientists who found inconsistency in the alleged victim’s account suggesting evidence tamping and falsified testimony. Bubu was a valued team member and is likely to be welcomed back by all members of the team and the coach providing a minimal distraction!
    http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens...ict-court.html

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,763
    Given: 437

Here's some guy getting down, and getting funky, because in this thread, why the hell not:

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 115

I think the victims law team pressured ISU into kicking him off the team. There is a fine line around the whole sexual assault issue.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 60

[QUOTE=mikem;3824061]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal2001 View Post
    It would work in the other direction too, I'm sure you realize.[/QUOTE

NEVER to the extent that it would for Obama. ODS is a way of life for so damn many people.
    Oh come now. Such a ninny! Someone was actually held responsible for his or her (in this case his) lack or responsibility (albeit erroneously in this case). There is no way "O" would be involved in holding people accountable, so let's not be stupid and pretend he's involved shall we?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Here's some guy getting down, and getting funky, because in this thread, why the hell not:

I miss that jean jacket.

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 100

Quote Originally Posted by CloneAlta View Post
    Take a look at who is on the BOR, recall the situation where one of the BOR members tried to force down the throat of Pres. Leath and ISU the acceptance of her husband's rather insignificant papers from his career in the U.S. Senate with all her terms and conditions, look into her background and then see if you can better understand what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. The behavior of all parties here---Leath, Pollard, Hoiberg---is so inconsistent with what we all have come to know of them that it just seems that we're dealing with a game of political payback because Leath/ISU would not capitulate to establishing a monument the way that BOR member wanted for her husband's papers. I might be wrong, but I'd bet a lot of money on this one.
    You are wrong. You think BoR orchestrated Leath taking action. ISU apealling the ALJ ruling? There is something at play but I would look no further than university politics. Ps Leathe is not a saint and he also flubbed the handling of the Harkin papers.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    I think the victims law team pressured ISU into kicking him off the team. There is a fine line around the whole sexual assault issue.
    I think it was Leath's knee-jerk reaction towards the possibility of ISU facing a lawsuit without giving Palo even an ounce of benefit of the doubt, and since he only avg 2.7 pts per game he was expendable.

Then, the board felt the same way not thinking for a second that Bubu would fight it.

I'm betting Leath had a nice "oh ****" moment when he got word Bubu was taking them to court.

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 100

Quote Originally Posted by CyAggie View Post
    Or. it is also possible they felt it was the right decision.
    I think this is equally as crazy.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 980
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pressure Leath, but what does surprise me is that Leath would bow to pressure from someone who had been determined to be uncredible by the county attorney's office as well as the ISU alj due to the overwhelming evidence that she had lied (based on physical evidence as well as witness statements). He did this without interviewing any of the parties or witnesses involved. And did they also pressure him to delay his decision 3 months until BuBu couldn't transfer? That's not to mention that Leath went against precedent in dealing with other athletes under similar and/or worse circumstances. Wouldn't you say that if Leath bows to pressure from a person and her attorney who has attempted to fabricate evidence and been determined to be uncredible, this says something about Leath's leadership? And actually the district judge lays out a number of very questionable decisions made by Leath, which I'm sure you've read by now. Even if he did bow to pressure from someone, and we have no idea if he did or didn't, wouldn't you agree he has put ISU in a very bad position as this heads toward trial? He (as well as JP) have also put our coach and basketball players in an uncomfortable position to say the least.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 556
    Given: 489

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post

Sausagefest