Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: ISU Gag Order??

  1. #61
    Addict
    Points: 43,567, Level: 64
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    scyclonekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,233
    Points
    43,567
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 10

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    I thought this thread was about farts, cause some gag you. Disappointing.



  2. #62
    Recruit
    Points: 9,393, Level: 29
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    113
    Points
    9,393
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    This is the part that makes me wonder as well. I don't know how you can justify the outcome of the Bubu situation with Albert Gary, other than there was some external pressure placed on JP/Leath. Leath took office January 16, 2012 and Gary plead guilty on April 16th, 2012 to a Class C felony as well as going armed with intent. The guy got 3 years of probation and had to report to a halfway house. I can't think of any rationalization for him being allowed to compete but Bubu, having never been found guilty in any way, violated the Code of Conduct and couldn't play...
    As it relates to the Bubu Palo issue, the public Is not privy to every aspect of this case. However, virtually every element of the trial and the entire case history has been extremely well documented and reviewed by a great majority of those in the Cyclone nation. Perceived problems with Diane Stahle’s counsel, Leath’s ruling and the Iowa Board of Regents’ affirmation have been synergistically amplified by a recent poorly chosen press release issued by Jamie Pollard, ISU’s Director of Athletics The Administrative Law Judge ruled that the University’s complaint against Mr. Palo was “not founded” and that the “board of regents allegations are without merit.” The ALJ’s ruling was obviously influenced to some degree by forensic scientists who found inconsistency in the alleged victim’s account suggesting evidence tamping and falsified testimony. Bubu was a valued team member and is likely to be welcomed back by all members of the team and the coach providing a minimal distraction!



  3. #63
    Starter
    Points: 13,811, Level: 35
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Amesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    943
    Points
    13,811
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 186

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by Seedman View Post
    As it relates to the Bubu Palo issue, the public Is not privy to every aspect of this case. However, virtually every element of the trial and the entire case history has been extremely well documented and reviewed by a great majority of those in the Cyclone nation. Perceived problems with Diane Stahle’s counsel, Leath’s ruling and the Iowa Board of Regents’ affirmation have been synergistically amplified by a recent poorly chosen press release issued by Jamie Pollard, ISU’s Director of Athletics The Administrative Law Judge ruled that the University’s complaint against Mr. Palo was “not founded” and that the “board of regents allegations are without merit.” The ALJ’s ruling was obviously influenced to some degree by forensic scientists who found inconsistency in the alleged victim’s account suggesting evidence tamping and falsified testimony. Bubu was a valued team member and is likely to be welcomed back by all members of the team and the coach providing a minimal distraction!
    http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens...ict-court.html



  4. #64
    Legend
    Points: 305,676, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    10,111
    Points
    305,676
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,308
    Given: 569

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Here's some guy getting down, and getting funky, because in this thread, why the hell not:




  5. #65
    Speechless
    Points: 189,261, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,745
    Points
    189,261
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 175

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    I think the victims law team pressured ISU into kicking him off the team. There is a fine line around the whole sexual assault issue.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  6. #66
    Addict
    Points: 153,227, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    temperflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,687
    Points
    153,227
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 113

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    [QUOTE=mikem;3824061]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal2001 View Post
    It would work in the other direction too, I'm sure you realize.[/QUOTE

    NEVER to the extent that it would for Obama. ODS is a way of life for so damn many people.
    Oh come now. Such a ninny! Someone was actually held responsible for his or her (in this case his) lack or responsibility (albeit erroneously in this case). There is no way "O" would be involved in holding people accountable, so let's not be stupid and pretend he's involved shall we?



  7. #67
    Addict
    Points: 153,227, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    temperflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,687
    Points
    153,227
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 113

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Here's some guy getting down, and getting funky, because in this thread, why the hell not:

    I miss that jean jacket.



  8. #68
    Pro
    Points: 43,942, Level: 64
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    IAStubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,364
    Points
    43,942
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 129

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneAlta View Post
    Take a look at who is on the BOR, recall the situation where one of the BOR members tried to force down the throat of Pres. Leath and ISU the acceptance of her husband's rather insignificant papers from his career in the U.S. Senate with all her terms and conditions, look into her background and then see if you can better understand what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. The behavior of all parties here---Leath, Pollard, Hoiberg---is so inconsistent with what we all have come to know of them that it just seems that we're dealing with a game of political payback because Leath/ISU would not capitulate to establishing a monument the way that BOR member wanted for her husband's papers. I might be wrong, but I'd bet a lot of money on this one.
    You are wrong. You think BoR orchestrated Leath taking action. ISU apealling the ALJ ruling? There is something at play but I would look no further than university politics. Ps Leathe is not a saint and he also flubbed the handling of the Harkin papers.



  9. #69
    Addict
    Points: 153,227, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    temperflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,687
    Points
    153,227
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 113

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    I think the victims law team pressured ISU into kicking him off the team. There is a fine line around the whole sexual assault issue.
    I think it was Leath's knee-jerk reaction towards the possibility of ISU facing a lawsuit without giving Palo even an ounce of benefit of the doubt, and since he only avg 2.7 pts per game he was expendable.

    Then, the board felt the same way not thinking for a second that Bubu would fight it.

    I'm betting Leath had a nice "oh ****" moment when he got word Bubu was taking them to court.



  10. #70
    Pro
    Points: 43,942, Level: 64
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    IAStubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,364
    Points
    43,942
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 129

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by CyAggie View Post
    Or. it is also possible they felt it was the right decision.
    I think this is equally as crazy.



  11. #71
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 50,733, Level: 69
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,138
    Points
    50,733
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 15

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    I think the victims law team pressured ISU into kicking him off the team. There is a fine line around the whole sexual assault issue.
    That wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pressure Leath, but what does surprise me is that Leath would bow to pressure from someone who had been determined to be uncredible by the county attorney's office as well as the ISU alj due to the overwhelming evidence that she had lied (based on physical evidence as well as witness statements). He did this without interviewing any of the parties or witnesses involved. And did they also pressure him to delay his decision 3 months until BuBu couldn't transfer? That's not to mention that Leath went against precedent in dealing with other athletes under similar and/or worse circumstances. Wouldn't you say that if Leath bows to pressure from a person and her attorney who has attempted to fabricate evidence and been determined to be uncredible, this says something about Leath's leadership? And actually the district judge lays out a number of very questionable decisions made by Leath, which I'm sure you've read by now. Even if he did bow to pressure from someone, and we have no idea if he did or didn't, wouldn't you agree he has put ISU in a very bad position as this heads toward trial? He (as well as JP) have also put our coach and basketball players in an uncomfortable position to say the least.



  12. #72
    Speechless
    Points: 258,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,071
    Points
    258,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 792
    Given: 691

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Here's some guy getting down, and getting funky, because in this thread, why the hell not:

    Sausagefest



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM