Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72

Thread: ISU Gag Order??

  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 793, Level: 7
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    38
    Points
    793
    Level
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    ISU Gag Order??

    Apparently no one representing ISU, besides the basketball players, is talking about the status of Bubu Palo. The latest and most informative article I could find was on Sunday from Randy Peterson for USA Today. As I understand it, Bubu is on the team and practicing with the full support of his teammates.
    Exactly a year ago, charges were dropped against Bubu, and he was reinstated to the team and CFH played him in 17 games last season. Then, he was found in violation of the Code of Conduct - in what appears to be some "Kangaroo Court" attempt to remove him from the team. An Administrative Law Judge saw no justification for this course of action and righteously overturned the COC decision. Then, strangely enough and with suspect timing, President Leath orders the enforcement of the COC decision that does not allow Bubu the option to transfer to another school to play basketball. And now, this brings us to last week's District Court ruling and order to temporarily reinstate Bubu to the team. Again, there was a citing no justification for the COC decision.

    This now has taken the ugly shape that Bubu has been denied his due process. It is also inconsistent with how other ISU student athletes were handled in similar circumstances. And really, for those who are quick to judge and condemn Bubu, how different is his situation from that of the FSU quarterback who won the H-trophy and College Football National Championship?

    JP issues statement calling the District Court ruling "disappointing" - which very well could have been done under a directive from President Leath. CFH cannot comment on Bubu's status and no one else from ISU administration is talking. Is Leath pulling the strings here? Has he issued a gag order? Is there action going on behind the scenes to find another way to remove Bubu from team?

    This story is now the big elephant in the room and will not be going away anytime soon - though many people wish it would.



  2. #2
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 498,803, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,673
    Points
    498,803
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 774
    Given: 3,115

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Is this an OpEd?


    M 7/09

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 736,537, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,937
    Points
    736,537
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,545
    Given: 735

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    I'm not talking either.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 736,537, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,937
    Points
    736,537
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,545
    Given: 735

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Is this an OpEd?
    He writes too eloquently. Not from around these parts. Git em



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 35,352, Level: 57
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    isuforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,767
    Points
    35,352
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 206

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    go away



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 869,951, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,476
    Points
    869,951
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,161
    Given: 1,800

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    I was hoping we'd talk about this more. That horse isn't dead enough yet.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 4,743, Level: 20
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    65
    Points
    4,743
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Apparently no one representing ISU, besides the basketball players, is talking about the status of Bubu Palo. The latest and most informative article I could find was on Sunday from Randy Peterson for USA Today. As I understand it, Bubu is on the team and practicing with the full support of his teammates.
    Exactly a year ago, charges were dropped against Bubu, and he was reinstated to the team and CFH played him in 17 games last season. Then, he was found in violation of the Code of Conduct - in what appears to be some "Kangaroo Court" attempt to remove him from the team. An Administrative Law Judge saw no justification for this course of action and righteously overturned the COC decision. Then, strangely enough and with suspect timing, President Leath orders the enforcement of the COC decision that does not allow Bubu the option to transfer to another school to play basketball. And now, this brings us to last week's District Court ruling and order to temporarily reinstate Bubu to the team. Again, there was a citing no justification for the COC decision.

    This now has taken the ugly shape that Bubu has been denied his due process. It is also inconsistent with how other ISU student athletes were handled in similar circumstances. And really, for those who are quick to judge and condemn Bubu, how different is his situation from that of the FSU quarterback who won the H-trophy and College Football National Championship?

    JP issues statement calling the District Court ruling "disappointing" - which very well could have been done under a directive from President Leath. CFH cannot comment on Bubu's status and no one else from ISU administration is talking. Is Leath pulling the strings here? Has he issued a gag order? Is there action going on behind the scenes to find another way to remove Bubu from team?

    This story is now the big elephant in the room and will not be going away anytime soon - though many people wish it would.
    Take a look at who is on the BOR, recall the situation where one of the BOR members tried to force down the throat of Pres. Leath and ISU the acceptance of her husband's rather insignificant papers from his career in the U.S. Senate with all her terms and conditions, look into her background and then see if you can better understand what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. The behavior of all parties here---Leath, Pollard, Hoiberg---is so inconsistent with what we all have come to know of them that it just seems that we're dealing with a game of political payback because Leath/ISU would not capitulate to establishing a monument the way that BOR member wanted for her husband's papers. I might be wrong, but I'd bet a lot of money on this one.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 116,441, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    116,441
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 440

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by isuforlife View Post
    go away


    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 41,868, Level: 63
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,082
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    Points
    41,868
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 123

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Murph/Andy talked about this some yesterday, but Hoiberg is in the odd spot. He was asked last night on the call in show (paraphrasing, would playing Bubu go against JPs wishes) and he quickly said "It wouldn't be appropriate for me to comment on that now."



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 119,159, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,081
    Points
    119,159
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 256
    Given: 94

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    He writes too eloquently. Not from around these parts. Git em
    He's a witch!



  11. #11
    Burgermeister!
    Points: 360,037, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    TykeClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23,028
    Points
    360,037
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 583

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I'm not talking either.
    You vill talk. Ve have vays of making you talk...


    Asteroids are nature's way of asking "How's that space program going?"

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 67,582, Level: 80
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,348
    Points
    67,582
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 222
    Given: 61

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    have you emailed Pollard to confirm?



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 164,683, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    CtownCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    8,772
    Points
    164,683
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 87

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneAlta View Post
    Take a look at who is on the BOR, recall the situation where one of the BOR members tried to force down the throat of Pres. Leath and ISU the acceptance of her husband's rather insignificant papers from his career in the U.S. Senate with all her terms and conditions, look into her background and then see if you can better understand what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. The behavior of all parties here---Leath, Pollard, Hoiberg---is so inconsistent with what we all have come to know of them that it just seems that we're dealing with a game of political payback because Leath/ISU would not capitulate to establishing a monument the way that BOR member wanted for her husband's papers. I might be wrong, but I'd bet a lot of money on this one.
    Gotta be the Bilderburg group. The illuminati are pulling the wool over all of our eyes!



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 38,107, Level: 60
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 943
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MaccloNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,010
    Points
    38,107
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 23

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Cool story bro! Maybe OP will tell us how he is related to our third string PG. Who else would say righteously?



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,238, Level: 65
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,054
    Points
    45,238
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 28

    Re: ISU Gag Order??

    Thanks for the breaking news



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM