Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 7,785, Level: 26
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    t-noah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    172
    Points
    7,785
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    What's w/ the "credits" here on Cyclone Fanatic? What does it mean and how can you use it? When I click on "credits" "check", I see it there, but don't know what it means or what to do w/ it, and there are no apparent instructions. Does it have something to do w/ financially supporting this site? Not something that I would have any problem w/ because I think this is a great site for all of us Cyclone fans, and I can imagine it takes alot of work to keep it going succesfully.

    Also, I noticed my rep level go down quite abit for no apparent reason. I know I didn't post anything stupid or controversial, at least not lately. Does this have something to do w/ your credit level?



  2. #2
    Giving it a go
    Points: 254,698, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chadm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,603
    Points
    254,698
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

    Re: Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    Quote Originally Posted by t-noah View Post
    What's w/ the "credits" here on Cyclone Fanatic? What does it mean and how can you use it? When I click on "credits" "check", I see it there, but don't know what it means or what to do w/ it, and there are no apparent instructions. Does it have something to do w/ financially supporting this site? Not something that I would have any problem w/ because I think this is a great site for all of us Cyclone fans, and I can imagine it takes alot of work to keep it going succesfully.

    Also, I noticed my rep level go down quite abit for no apparent reason. I know I didn't post anything stupid or controversial, at least not lately. Does this have something to do w/ your credit level?
    Rep went down for everyone.

    Credits are earned by posting and time on CF. Every week you earn 500.

    Credits can be used to bet on cybookie or used on raffle for tickets ect.



  3. #3
    CF Founder
    Points: 239,094, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Urbandale, IA
    Posts
    13,199
    Points
    239,094
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 305
    Given: 154

    Re: Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    In the site feedback forum, there is a good primer on both credits and rep - it's pretty easy to understand after a while but there have been changes and tests that have changed things a bit.


    A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 728,959, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,232
    Points
    728,959
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,162
    Given: 602

    Re: Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    Just had to thank someone. Not sure what it does or why, but thanks



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 350,732, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,856
    Points
    350,732
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 1

    Re: Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    Thank you for thanking someone.


    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,535, Level: 79
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Cycofan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,100
    Points
    65,535
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    Quote Originally Posted by chadm View Post
    Rep went down for everyone.

    Credits are earned by posting and time on CF. Every week you earn 500.

    Credits can be used to bet on cybookie or used on raffle for tickets ect.
    Jeremy do you still raffle off tickets?



  7. #7
    CF Founder
    Points: 239,094, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Urbandale, IA
    Posts
    13,199
    Points
    239,094
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 305
    Given: 154

    Re: Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    I haven't in a while because tickets have been easy to find and even freely given away on the site a lot of times. I think we'll have a lot of good contests, freebies, etc this fall


    A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 27,353, Level: 50
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SLCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    571
    Points
    27,353
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 22

    Re: Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    Jeremy,

    I was going to add to your rep just because I love Cyclone Fanatic, but you were the last person I gave rep to. Can you change that rule so we can give you unlimited rep?

    Thanks again for this site!



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 432,948, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,828
    Points
    432,948
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 17

    Re: Somebody explain "credits" here on CF?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLCyclone
    I was going to add to your rep just because I love Cyclone Fanatic, but you were the last person I gave rep to. Can you change that rule so we can give you unlimited rep?
    I believe that's to stop people from rep whoring each other...as if rep actually means something.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM