Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 5,776, Level: 22
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    mitya51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    166
    Points
    5,776
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 27

    Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    First of all i think Kane's box scored was good, but there's a lot that doesn't show up in the box as we all know. I can't remember a lot specific scenarios but i remember thinking that some of Kane's decisions were sub-par, and his play was part of the reason we didn't win, despite scoring 21 points. One example is when he dribbled out the shotclock down to like 5 seconds and then passed it to Morris or Ejim i think. The offense had the floor spread so Kane was isolated, but he didn't drive, just passed it to someone else with 5 seconds which forced a very contested 3 pt shot. Somebody with DVR powers can check this out if you feel inspired.

    please note i am thrilled to have Kane and not trying to rag on him or be negative. Just wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts. Thought maybe the spotlight from Baylor might have got to him and so his point guard mindset was off or something. . . i dunno.

    And then when he got injured and hung his head with a towel on the bench it seemed like he was being a big baby- had me thinking about the actual injury to pride injury ratio- 1 to 2 i'd say. So i was thinking, come on Kane, pick your head up. I was a bit skeptical when he had to get carried off the court. But now its looking like maybe i was wrong- and hopefully i was wrong. But my thought at the time was that we are going to see him start for KU tonight and he just twisted his ankle a bit (so nevermind- hopefully i was right.)

    I imagine i am going to get so much flack for this from some of the more high-strung CFers but still i am wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts. Most people seemed to take it at face value and it sounds like it was a legit low ankle sprain.

    And finally, it occurs to me that there should be a term for when a player is being a baby on the bench and covers his head with a towel. Swaddle Heading is my best shot (you know, as in swaddling a baby). For instance, if a player actually sustains an injury or loses a championship game then their manhood is not suspect when they cry under a towel on the bench. But if they are just being a baby then that's a different animal- hence a special term.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 25,836, Level: 49
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,042
    Points
    25,836
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 24

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio




  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 168,257, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,538
    Points
    168,257
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 1,196

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio



    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 42,941, Level: 63
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,398
    Points
    42,941
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 29

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    Quote Originally Posted by mitya51 View Post
    First of all i think Kane's box scored was good, but there's a lot that doesn't show up in the box as we all know. I can't remember a lot specific scenarios but i remember thinking that some of Kane's decisions were sub-par, and his play was part of the reason we didn't win, despite scoring 21 points. One example is when he dribbled out the shotclock down to like 5 seconds and then passed it to Morris or Ejim i think. The offense had the floor spread so Kane was isolated, but he didn't drive, just passed it to someone else with 5 seconds which forced a very contested 3 pt shot. Somebody with DVR powers can check this out if you feel inspired.

    please note i am thrilled to have Kane and not trying to rag on him or be negative. Just wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts. Thought maybe the spotlight from Baylor might have got to him and so his point guard mindset was off or something. . . i dunno.

    And then when he got injured and hung his head with a towel on the bench it seemed like he was being a big baby- had me thinking about the actual injury to pride injury ratio- 1 to 2 i'd say. So i was thinking, come on Kane, pick your head up. I was a bit skeptical when he had to get carried off the court. But now its looking like maybe i was wrong- and hopefully i was wrong. But my thought at the time was that we are going to see him start for KU tonight and he just twisted his ankle a bit (so nevermind- hopefully i was right.)

    I imagine i am going to get so much flack for this from some of the more high-strung CFers but still i am wondering if anyone else had similar thoughts. Most people seemed to take it at face value and it sounds like it was a legit low ankle sprain.

    And finally, it occurs to me that there should be a term for when a player is being a baby on the bench and covers his head with a towel. Swaddle Heading is my best shot (you know, as in swaddling a baby). For instance, if a player actually sustains an injury or loses a championship game then their manhood is not suspect when they cry under a towel on the bench. But if they are just being a baby then that's a different animal- hence a special term.
    Pretty terrible post. About the only thing I somewhat agree with is the possession where he stood in the backcourt and dribbled. We don't know if that was him, or the gameplan, though.


    I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,872, Level: 24
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rural U.S.A.
    Posts
    290
    Points
    6,872
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    I think he tried to do too much due to all of the hype he was receiving last week. I think he really did tweak his ankle, but his reaction was probably due more to frustration and fear (fear of serious injury). I also think he didn't really want to shake hands after the game.

    He's a tough dude, and a great player. Not surprised he's playing tonight. I bet he plays a great game and helps ISU win.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,054, Level: 97
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,792
    Points
    98,054
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 15

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    Oh lord. I don't know if we want to say that the guy that carried this team against Baylor and was just about dead out there at the end is a baby in regards to his injury.

    He hurt his ankle. I'm guessing it hurt. I'm also guessing that the trainers didn't want him putting weight on it until they knew what was going on.

    As far as DeAndre and trying to do too much out there, I think most players fall into that trap at some points. Maybe he did on Saturday, but he was still pretty important.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 331,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    CyArob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    12,441
    Points
    331,560
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,580
    Given: 825

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    This thread gets my seal of disapproval.



    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,400, Level: 62
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyTwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,751
    Points
    41,400
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 503
    Given: 387

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    I knew by reading the title I shouldn't have opened this



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 356,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    11,704
    Points
    356,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 982
    Given: 531

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    When CF trolled HN, there were multiple threads that were upset with Jon Millers ability to run the site. It was epic. CF trolls HN, and HN turns against each other. Quite the sight.

    When HN tries to troll CF, just makes the Hawkeye fan base look stupid.

    Now, I'm not fully convinced you're a troll. You do have some posts regarding ISU. But when discussing our quarterbacks, you really seemed to have no clue what you were talking about, and like mafia, you kept saying "our" trying to make it obvious your an Iowa State fan. Also, you were pretty adamant that Iowa outplayed us in basketball. And you're posts show no real knowledge of anything Iowa State.

    EDIT: Nevermind. Did some googling. He's a Cyclone.


    Last edited by ISUCubswin; 01-13-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    CF Big Brother Winner Season 1

    CF Amazing Race Winner Season 1*

    Future CF Survivor Winner Season 4


  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 156,018, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,823
    Points
    156,018
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 675
    Given: 7

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    I think I'm actually seeing your point here. It totally makes sense tha Kane would intentionally roll his ankle 2 days before a huge game just to get attention drawn to him and overexaggerate his pain all to set up his triumphant return tonight. Makes total sense.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 42,941, Level: 63
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,398
    Points
    42,941
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 29

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    I think I'm actually seeing your point here. It totally makes sense tha Kane would intentionally roll his ankle 2 days before a huge game just to get attention drawn to him and overexaggerate his pain all to set up his triumphant return tonight. Makes total sense.
    I wonder if he'll pull the old "bloody sock", like Curt Schilling...


    Last edited by flynnhicks03; 01-13-2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Curt Schilling, not Roger Clemens
    I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 85,266, Level: 90
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,658
    Points
    85,266
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 1,147

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    Is that picture in your avatar how you look after you sex change operation?

    tl;dr



  13. #13
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 304,690, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,316
    Points
    304,690
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 953

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnhicks03 View Post
    I wonder if he'll pull the old "bloody sock", like Roger Clemens...
    (Curt Schilling)



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 407,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,649
    Points
    407,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 566
    Given: 271

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    Way TL;DR.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 164,510, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    CtownCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    8,742
    Points
    164,510
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 86

    Re: Kane's OU Performance - Pride Injury to Ankle Injury Ratio

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    I think I'm actually seeing your point here. It totally makes sense tha Kane would intentionally roll his ankle 2 days before a huge game just to get attention drawn to him and overexaggerate his pain all to set up his triumphant return tonight. Makes total sense.
    If you think about it, this makes perfect sense. KU is not a top 10 team, so we won't have that hype for the game. Kane's just trying to help out ESPN get more viewers - will he play or won't he?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM