Page 203 of 274 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4108
    Prospect
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points7 days registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 17

Re: NDSU BISON @ Iowa State University Cyclones

Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    So your 2 starting DTs are both redshirt freshmen? And that doesn't make you nervous? They look to have some size, but they have never played a game, let alone starting their first game against a huge, experienced, Big 12 offensive line.
    We are being optimistic this isn't true :-). One of them will definitely be a RS Freshman, he has size but yes is a question mark. The other one Schaetz that hopefully starts is a junior, but has had an injury in spring ball and we weren't sure when he would be back. He started the national championship game two years ago as a freshman (our other d tackle came back last year from injury, so he technically didn't start last year). Either way, we are really hoping he plays in this game, and it appears he will be able to start practicing again next week. So there's the optimism. If he can't play, yes we will be starting two RFR. That spot is the only real ? of the defense, and if Schaetz can play, I am much less nervous about it.

It sounds like the strength of your team is your skill players --- Wr's, TE's--- and the strength of our team is our LB's and Secondary. We have a very good edge rusher too that's started the last two years to hopefully put some pressure on your QB. So it feels like we match up well, but we will see I guess.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,251
    Given: 560

Jeez....suddenly there's like 40 bison morons here...Summer school just let out or what? All I need to know about North Dakota is that they call "Casserole" "Hotdish". So, clearly, they're all morons.

Starter
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 420

Quote Originally Posted by BYYYYEZON View Post
    We are being optimistic this isn't true :-). One of them will definitely be a RS Freshman, he has size but yes is a question mark. The other one Schaetz that hopefully starts is a junior, but has had an injury in spring ball and we weren't sure when he would be back. He started the national championship game two years ago as a freshman (our other d tackle came back last year from injury, so he technically didn't start last year). Either way, we are really hoping he plays in this game, and it appears he will be able to start practicing again next week. So there's the optimism. If he can't play, yes we will be starting two RFR. That spot is the only real ? of the defense, and if Schaetz can play, I am much less nervous about it.

It sounds like the strength of your team is your skill players --- Wr's, TE's--- and the strength of our team is our LB's and Secondary. We have a very good edge rusher too that's started the last two years to hopefully put some pressure on your QB. So it feels like we match up well, but we will see I guess.

Uh, I guess you have not seen Aaron Wimberly eh?

"winners never quit; quitters never win"

Prospect
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points7 days registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Jeez....suddenly there's like 40 bison morons here...Summer school just let out or what? All I need to know about North Dakota is that they call "Casserole" "Hotdish". So, clearly, they're all morons.

Is it so bad that you have a few people on here giving you updates and talking points as to what NDSU football has for a team? I thought this was a forum where people were to offer "reason's" or "keys" to what may swing the game one way or the other. At the end of the game Saturday one group of fans will be able to say, see I told you so. BUT, the key is HOW you say that. Could ISU win? Of course! Could NDSU win? Of course! But talking about what could cause one or the other is what is interesting and fun about the start of a new season. Am I a Bison fan? YES! Do I know everything about ISU football? NO! Do I know enough about both based off of last year and going into this year to have a grown up conversation about a contest? I believe I am.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 792
    Given: 181

Quote Originally Posted by BYYYYEZON View Post

I mistook one of the guys in the 2-deep as the starter. I would say if our OL comes out of camp without injuries, they will be a big strength too. All 5 starters plus another with starting experience return. We also have a giant juco transfer guard who has dropped 25 lbs down to 332. He may not play much in the first game however.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by dakid3kc View Post
    Is it so bad that you have a few people on here giving you updates and talking points as to what NDSU football has for a team? I thought this was a forum where people were to offer "reason's" or "keys" to what may swing the game one way or the other. At the end of the game Saturday one group of fans will be able to say, see I told you so. BUT, the key is HOW you say that. Could ISU win? Of course! Could NDSU win? Of course! But talking about what could cause one or the other is what is interesting and fun about the start of a new season. Am I a Bison fan? YES! Do I know everything about ISU football? NO! Do I know enough about both based off of last year and going into this year to have a grown up conversation about a contest? I believe I am.

Really, I DGAS what your opinion is. Don't take that personally, but 8 months of this thread being on the front page nearly every day because of your dunderheaded brother lakesbison, I'm just completely sick of NDSU fans. You know how much discussion we typically have over an FCS game? about a page and a half. Because of your dunderheaded brother, and to be honest, the ISU morons that actually respond and talk football like it matters, this crap has been plugging up the front page for 8 months.

And the typical "Don't want to read it, don't come in?"...I'm sick of it even being on the forum, because it's just a shortbus circus ringlead by a blowhard.

Starter
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 420

Really, I DGAS what your opinion is. Don't take that personally, but 8 months of this thread being on the front page nearly every day because of your dunderheaded brother lakesbison, I'm just completely sick of NDSU fans. You know how much discussion we typically have over an FCS game? about a page and a half. Because of your dunderheaded brother, and to be honest, the ISU morons that actually respond and talk football like it matters, this crap has been plugging up the front page for 8 months.

And the typical "Don't want to read it, don't come in?"...I'm sick of it even being on the forum, because it's just a shortbus circus ringlead by a blowhard.

How do you REALLY feel about it?

"winners never quit; quitters never win"

Speechless
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,329
    Given: 82

Bump to spite 00

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    Bump to spite 00

You better watch it.

And since every circus has to have a clown, here's one for you all:

Prospect
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points7 days registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Well everyone knows he isn't worth a damn. I think that's why a few tried to make it normal football talk. He isn't liked anywhere. We can't apologize enough for 1 idiot. But I think every fanbase has that one guy that they wish they could take away his computer and his vocal chords away. :)

Sorry for filling up your board with un important football chatter.

Pro
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,439
    Given: 2,213

Seems the thread has now reached this level for a few CF members. Can't say I blame them!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 1

Holy Drama Queens, Batman!
    Haven't heard/seen/read a rant like that since Scarlett O'Hara laid into Rhett Butler.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
    Marcus Aurelius

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 641
    Given: 1,294

Quote Originally Posted by dakid3kc View Post
    Yes, my bad, Schaetz just a JR. But from what I hear he will be ready to go without issue.
    Link on the last sentence?

All-Star
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    This is not to be a snooty question, but what do you Bison fans believe will be their confidence if they lose to the hapless Cyclones by say 10? We as fans drink our team's kool-aid, but none of us know what our team is capable of. We all know either team could win this game. But I think if we lose to NDSU I don't think it would shock us. Some of our fans will step out to the ledge, but most of us will probably just excuse the loss to a new system and new players just not quite ready yet. I do expect that win or lose we will improve every week. I could actually see us losing to NDSU and beating KSU, but I'm very hopeful that we come out 2-0 after watching the fall camp updates.

I believe that our team has a renewed spirit after the close of last season and the way that they won those games. One a curb-stomping of a fellow Big XII team and the other a 24-point comeback when on the road at another Big XII venue. I believe that our captains are business-like leaders vs the jovial Jaques and the vocal leader of Jeremiah from last year. I also believe that our coaching staff understands what it did wrong in leading to our rash of injuries last year. Couple that with a proven OC/Head coach added to the staff and I believe the star talent on offense will keep the defense off the field resulting in an energized defense.

Do I know what will happen? Nope. But I sure am not hinging our season's success on this one game. I'm wondering if NDSU fans will be able to say the same thing.
    Here's my prediction. This game will be like NDSU V KANSAS 2010. Low scoring and ugly....ndsu wins by 3 then ISU goes out and beats #15 k state just like Kansas went out and beat #15 Georgia Tech that year!

NDSU - BACK 2 BACK 2 BACK National Football Champions! Beat Kansas ST, Kansas & Minnesota 2 times, We hate Iowa and Northern Iowa, but ISU is cool with us. cya in 2014!

Addict
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,882
    Given: 119

Bump for Carl.

Also, I'm late to the game but want to clarify that if player A plays on a BCS team and player B plays on an FCS team, that definitively means player A is a BCS player and player B is an FCS player. I have no idea how that even became an argument. That's about as much of a fact as you can possibly get.