Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 296

Feel the Magic in the Big 12 - Weak Three

PRETTY BAD: Texas Tech 3-12. They looked lost on offense. Hey they scored a field goal against a tough defense. The qb did not have a chance. 242 yards.

SORTA GOOD: Kansas State smashed lowly Marshall 26-7. Great scheduling and timing.

REALLY GOOD: Texas made vanilla Rice pudding at 52-7.

SLIGHTLY UGLY: Bayor lost 15-17 against a poor Washington State team. 246 yards including minus 10 rushing yards. Waht can we expect.

IT WAS UGLY: Missouri slipped by New Mexico 27-17 with fourth quarter rally. Lots of dink passes saved the day.

BAD & REALLY UGLY FOR THE COACH: Colorado lost 23 -3 to set a new low in point production. The qb did not have a chance. Big Ten is looking for a twelth member. Should start his many star son soon.

BAD YET NOT SO UGLY Kansas lost in the Glass Bowl to Toledo on national TV in two overtimes after dominating the yard battle. The only item left in doubt was which coach weighed more. Four interceptions shows Meier to have lost the game ultimately.

BAD, BAD, SO BAD WERE THE REFS Oklahoma lost 33-34 to Oregon because the totally biased refs blew two straight calls that should be reprimanded this week. Rip my heart out, Stoops.

BAD & MORE BAD COACH Nebraska 10-28 Omaha paper headline, "Leveled." Never really in the game. Offense looked like they were trying not to fumble the ball back to USC or get their qb hurt. Rushed 2.5 yards a pop. 143 yards for the Big Red juggernaut. Now fans are saying Callahan did not want to lose big in the game. Like throwing in the towel before it started.

GOOD THEN BAD Iowa State 17-27. Throttled in the second half again. Need more firepower or enthusiasm when the other team steps up.

GOOD: Okie State blasts Florida Atlantic 48-8 after knocking out the starting qb.

SORTA BAD: Texas A&M 28 to Army 24. A&M survived the light weight Army players.

Looking for some comments, but the BIG 12 is sinking fast this year in national eyes. Who goes to Shreveport?

Last edited by Wesley; 09-17-2006 at 11:24 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Feel the Magic in the Big 12 - Weak Three

Very weak day for the Big 12. The conference just isn't very good this year, I don't think. In fact I'm kind of wondering where the good times have gone.

Toledo's coach was huge. Did I hear them say he LOST 50 pounds in the offseason? I did hear rumors of a scuffle between the two at the Old Country Buffet over the last piece of chicken. One brave minimum wage employee lost his arm when he tried to replace the gravy pan at the wrong time.

Don't know what's up with Tech but it's odd to see them struggle so much scoring points.

I guess the bad news is ISU has been pretty inconsistant so far but the good news is most of the teams we play have been too. There's still a shot at a great season if some of the kinks are ironed out. I was encouraged by the running game but we're still not scoring enough points. D looked good at times but still missed tackles and gave up a lot of yards quickly at other times.

Tough to get a read on Nebraska. USC is really tough and it really did seem like NU just wanted to keep it close. A lot of their fans are trying to spin it into a positive but I don't think we'll know how good they really are until they get into the Big 12. I still don't see any reason why ISU can't beat them in Ames (assuming we've torched whatever defensive gameplan we had last year).

Mizzou has been the surprise team but it wouldn't surprise me to see them win the North now. Everything I've read makes it sound like Pinkel finally has a team he likes and feels comfortable with. They're going to be tough.

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 41

I know that we should support the other schools in the Big 12 and want them to win, but with every Colorado loss, I feel happier. I have no real reason to, but I just dislike CU, and so far this season they have made me very happy. No other Big 12 FB squad does this for me, I wish they were all successful in non-conference, except for CU.

I would rather root for EIU than CU.

It does seem that the Big 12 as a whole is slightly down this year, but could this be a good thing for ISU? Perhaps we'll steal a road game or two that we probably shouldn't.

Anyways, Let's go State, Let's go Big12 (Except CU)

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

i feel really bad for Dan Hawkins. He took a huge dive from a highly respectable program in Boise to a terrible, scandel-ridden mess in Boulder. I blame Barnett for almost if not all of the trouble CU is in. After suffering with his recruiting mistakes and terrible PR treatment, it looks like the entire team just doesn't care. Hawkins is a good guy who is trying to turn around not just a terrible team, but a devastated program. I hope and pray that Gary Barnett never roams the sidelines of a football field ever again.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9666523

what a piece.

Last edited by ISUCY11; 09-18-2006 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

1. Texas young but improving
    2. Okie they have issues but were robbed.
    3. TX A&M looks ok
    4. T-T no offense?
    5. Okie St they have played nobody
    6. Baylor actually improving

1. Neb defense was solid
    2. ISU needs to get clicking
    3. Missouri looks real good
    4. Kansas younger QB is a tournover machine
    5. KSU sucks
    6. Colo sucks more!

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Before you guys go piling on Nebraska, Callahan's game plan was to run the ball and run some more, improving the ground game was piority number 1 during the off season. By running the ball, the clock keeps running and it keeps the opposing offense off the field. After sleeping on it last night and waking up with a fresh perspective Sunday morning, I was perfectly fine with that game plan. From reports of Husker fans who were at the game, USC did an outstanding job of shutting down Nebraska's passing lanes and covering NU's WR's. Knowing that, if Callahan goes pass happy, it's nothing but a recipie for disaster. In the Arkansas game a couple of weeks ago, USC scored 31 points off of 5 Arkansas turnovers.

Nebraska didn't embarass themselves Saturday night and perhaps more importantly, didn't embarass the Big 12.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 296

The only question was if Pete Carroll was going to uphold the bettionmg line of 19 points near the end of the game. Of eight pass completions, five went to the backs. The other receivers were non factors on the field as most of the running players were near the middle. Not much action for the 25k Nebraska people who made the trip. And John David Booty looked better than Zac Traylor.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.