Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

So Much Respect For Rahshon Clark

I read a few of the early threads and just wanted to let everyone know that Rahshon had an off year last year for a reason. He had a new coach and all new teammates. But he chose to stay at ISU over offers from other big time programs (Memphis, Cincinnati to name a few). I don't think people give him the respect he deserves. All anyone ever wants to talk about it is points scored. Rahshon has not only scored many (903) points for this program, but has also been the heart and soul of this team for four years. And at the same time is an AMAZING person off the court (I would know, as I am his fiance). He has put everything he has into his four years at ISU (in basketball and academics) and I just wanted to give him props for everything he is done. I am SO proud of him.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 558

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 32

Re: So Much Respect For Rahshon Clark

I think you will find that just about everyone on this site is deeply appreciative of Rahshon's commitment to the program and to his school. He has been my favorite player on the team since he was a freshman. He has a ton of integrity and character. He is a Cyclone in his heart.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40

Fiance? Lucky you (or maybe lucky him! Probably lucky for both of you). It looks like you are getting a great guy. I've always loved watching him play.

"Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures”." ~Robin Williams

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    I think you will find that just about everyone on this site is deeply appreciative of Rahshon's commitment to the program and to his school. He has been my favorite player on the team since he was a freshman. He has a ton of integrity and character. He is a Cyclone in his heart.
    Ditto. You pretty much beat me to it.

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 422
    Given: 335

Couldn't agree more that Rahshon has been great in more ways than one. I don't think there is a cyclone fan out there that doesn't have a great deal of respect for him.

@RandomGeoFacts

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Congrats on your engagement and I wish you a great life together. Like the others have said, Rahshon is greatly appreciated at ISU -- especially considering he could have flourished in a different style of play elsewhere. He sacrificed for the sake of the team and university and will be long-remembered as a Cyclone great!

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Agreed with everything said! I him in OKC at the Big12 tourney...Class Act! Good luck in your life together!

"where there is pain, let us bring grace. for those afraid, let us be brave. where there is misery, let us bring relief. let us be the remedy" dc*b

http://billclarkproject52.blogspot.com/

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I have the upmost respect for Rashon considering he stayed with the program while it was and still is rebuilding. Rashon is Cyclone basketball.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I wasn't necessarily meaning fans don't appreciate him, just that they don't appreciate the good things about some of the guys on the team. You hear a lot more about the bad things at ISU (Mike T, Marcus) and not so much about the good. Just wanted to talk about something positive in the ISU basketball program! And Rahshon knows how much his fans appreciate him, and he appreciates you guys just as much! It was one of the reasons he stayed. Thank you guys for supporting him and the rest of the team! Go Cyclones!

Rookie
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I will echo all of the other responses. Rashon will always hold a place for me as one of my favorite Cyclones of all time! I hope the team can continue to improve and reward his loyalty and hard work with some wins.

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyfan13 View Post
    I read a few of the early threads and just wanted to let everyone know that Rahshon had an off year last year for a reason. He had a new coach and all new teammates. But he chose to stay at ISU over offers from other big time programs (Memphis, Cincinnati to name a few). I don't think people give him the respect he deserves. All anyone ever wants to talk about it is points scored. Rahshon has not only scored many (903) points for this program, but has also been the heart and soul of this team for four years. And at the same time is an AMAZING person off the court (I would know, as I am his fiance). He has put everything he has into his four years at ISU (in basketball and academics) and I just wanted to give him props for everything he is done. I am SO proud of him.
    How could he get offers from Memphis and Cincinnati???

You can't recruit players without receiving a copy of the release from their LOI. Clark never asked to be released from his LOI to Iowa State, he never said he wanted to pursue a transfer, therefore, could never have legally received offers from other schools without tampering from other institutions.

That being said...Congrats to you and your future husband. Like others on this board, I have nothing but respect for Rahshon for staying at ISU when he could have easily turned his back on the new coach and us fans. He has also been one of my favorite players to put on a uniform for Iowa State because he has always been the definition of team player. He doesn't complain about stats or playing time. He constantly draws the defensive assignment on the other team's top perimeter player and he has become a tremendous team leader the past few seasons.

Last edited by psycln11; 12-14-2007 at 02:24 PM.
    Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86

Rahshon will always be a top 5 Cyclone for me. He's going to be somebody I tell my kids about, and not for just what he did on the basketball court.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyfan13 View Post
    I wasn't necessarily meaning fans don't appreciate him, just that they don't appreciate the good things about some of the guys on the team. You hear a lot more about the bad things at ISU (Mike T, Marcus) and not so much about the good. Just wanted to talk about something positive in the ISU basketball program! And Rahshon knows how much his fans appreciate him, and he appreciates you guys just as much! It was one of the reasons he stayed. Thank you guys for supporting him and the rest of the team! Go Cyclones!
    Rashon is one of the only positives about our team this year with all of the transfers before the season and decommits during the season.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by psycln11 View Post
    How could he get offers from Memphis and Cincinnati???

You can't recruit players without receiving a copy of the release from their LOI. Clark never asked to be released from his LOI to Iowa State, he never said he wanted to pursue a transfer, therefore, could never have legally received offers from other schools without tampering from other institutions.

That being said...Congrats to you and your future husband. Like others on this board, I have nothing but respect for Rahshon for staying at ISU when he could have easily turned his back on the new coach and us fans. He has also been one of my favorite players to put on a uniform for Iowa State because he has always been the definition of team player. He doesn't complain about stats or playing time. He constantly draws the defensive assignment on the other team's top perimeter player and he has become a tremendous team leader the past few seasons.

I didn't say they officially offered him. Obviously they can't do that. But they were calling him, his family, and the old coaches. You should know by now that colleges do not really follow the rules when it comes to things like recruiting.