Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 70,855, Level: 82
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JonDMiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,522
    Points
    70,855
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    I spoke with Vette's father...

    he wanted to make sure he told me before I went on the air today that this has NOTHING to do with Iowa State, Greg McDermott, or anything in the program, as I had posted here earlier today. NOTHING.

    He said that if any parent ever needs a reference on Coach Mac, he would have NOTHING but GOOD things to say about him and how he conducts his program, and that, quote 'It's a first class outfit, and he is a first class person.'

    As I posted before, this is a decision based on personal matters. I will not go further there, and though I cannot tell anyone what to do, we are talking about real people, who wish to just leave it at that, at this time.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 335,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,735
    Points
    335,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Jon...

    If you're the Hawk shill many claim you to be, you'd take the information you know and spread it all over the place.

    The fact that you are respecting the wishes of a now former Cyclone, his family and the ISU staff - says a lot.

    Thanks for doing what you can to clear up the reason for this and respecting the privacy of Vette.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 70,855, Level: 82
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JonDMiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,522
    Points
    70,855
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Jon...

    If you're the Hawk shill many claim you to be, you'd take the information you know and spread it all over the place.

    The fact that you are respecting the wishes of a now former Cyclone, his family and the ISU staff - says a lot.

    Thanks for doing what you can to clear up the reason for this and respecting the privacy of Vette.
    You are being far too kind, though I appreciate your words.

    PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE. And WE ARE IOWANS.

    That should be enough to work off of, regardless of who we root for. I have said before, and I mean it; I have a great deal of respect for Coach Mac, and I will defend him vigorously, and in instances like this, I don't care what team we are talking about. Private matters will always remain private matters to me. I would like to think that might be one of my best traits; I do not betray trust, period.



  4. #4
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    199
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Any indication if Vette plans to play elsewhere?



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 394,233, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,777
    Points
    394,233
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 294

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    The thing about making life changes is that no one owns you. If he needs to go back home, he should do that. To leave midway through a school year indicates it is a major life change. Good luck, Vette.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,925, Level: 79
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,525
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,923
    Points
    64,925
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 64

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    You are being far too kind, though I appreciate your words.

    PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE. And WE ARE IOWANS.

    That should be enough to work off of, regardless of who we root for. I have said before, and I mean it; I have a great deal of respect for Coach Mac, and I will defend him vigorously, and in instances like this, I don't care what team we are talking about. Private matters will always remain private matters to me. I would like to think that might be one of my best traits; I do not betray trust, period.
    You're right about the PEOPLE part that is for sure. Hope everything works out for him.

    I can also tell Jon that you are starting to come to the right side with good Cyclone comments you made here. Heck, you gotta be doing something right, you have quite a bit more rep then me on 1/5 of the posts. Keep up the good work....



  7. #7
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 233,770, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    16,574
    Points
    233,770
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 454

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Thanks Jon! I assume you'll spend most of your show today on the steroids report?


    @RandomGeoFacts

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 86,637, Level: 91
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,099
    Points
    86,637
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Great comments Jon. Glad you're reporting on this.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 70,855, Level: 82
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JonDMiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,522
    Points
    70,855
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    I can also tell Jon that you are starting to come to the right side with good Cyclone comments you made here. Heck, you gotta be doing something right, you have quite a bit more rep then me on 1/5 of the posts. Keep up the good work....
    The funny thing is that I have never been AGAINST ISU, though folks don't buy that. People are where things start and end for me. If I like someone, if there is mutual respect, I don't care who they root for. I happen to have a great deal of respect for Jamie, Mac, Bill and Cael. I am sure as I get to know Gene, it will be the same way.

    I will say something soon to **** people off, that I don't doubt. But just remember the foundation...the other stuff is like flaky paint...it falls away quickly ;)



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 70,855, Level: 82
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JonDMiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,522
    Points
    70,855
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    Thanks Jon! I assume you'll spend most of your show today on the steroids report?
    Probably so.



  11. #11
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 233,770, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    16,574
    Points
    233,770
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 454

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    I'm excited to hear yours' and M&M's take on it.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 98,775, Level: 97
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,816
    Points
    98,775
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 41

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    he wanted to make sure he told me before I went on the air today that this has NOTHING to do with Iowa State, Greg McDermott, or anything in the program, as I had posted here earlier today. NOTHING.

    He said that if any parent ever needs a reference on Coach Mac, he would have NOTHING but GOOD things to say about him and how he conducts his program, and that, quote 'It's a first class outfit, and he is a first class person.'

    As I posted before, this is a decision based on personal matters. I will not go further there, and though I cannot tell anyone what to do, we are talking about real people, who wish to just leave it at that, at this time.
    Be careful, Proximo. You are in danger of becoming a good man.




  13. #13
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Jon...

    If you're the Hawk shill many claim you to be, you'd take the information you know and spread it all over the place.

    The fact that you are respecting the wishes of a now former Cyclone, his family and the ISU staff - says a lot.

    Thanks for doing what you can to clear up the reason for this and respecting the privacy of Vette.
    Ahhh, he's just going through the phases and clearly on the road to righteousness

    The light IS getting brighter - isn't it Jon? Walk towards it. We're here for you...

    Thanks for the info.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 394,233, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,777
    Points
    394,233
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 294

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Where do you think he might attend school, Jon? Or is he sitting for awhile and debating?


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 335,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,735
    Points
    335,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162

    Re: I spoke with Vette's father...

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    You are being far too kind, though I appreciate your words.
    I'm not sure I am being too kind.

    I would be willing to bet a Cyclone counterpart or two wouldn't hold this information in if the shoe were on the other foot.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM