Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 184,010, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,784
    Points
    184,010
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,320
    Given: 698

    Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Bracketology 2014: NCAA Bracket Projections & Projected Brackets

    Pretty good position to be in. Predicts our record at 25-5 in the regular season.

    Odds might be even better if OSU wasn't by far their #1 ranked team.



  2. #2
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 314,544, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    21,616
    Points
    314,544
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,542
    Given: 3,416

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    That is a fun site to play with. Thank you for sharing.


    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

    May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 80,829, Level: 88
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,121
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,611
    Points
    80,829
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 664
    Given: 293

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    I thought two teams from the same conference couldn't be given the same seed? That's why the B1G last year was given seeds like that. Michigan got a 4 seed because Michigan State got the 3 seed.


    Quote Originally Posted by hoiballin33 View Post
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 56,090, Level: 73
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 960
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,088
    Points
    56,090
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 446
    Given: 442

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    A 1 seed would be cool



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 78,677, Level: 87
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,473
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,791
    Points
    78,677
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 766
    Given: 154

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    I thought two teams from the same conference couldn't be given the same seed? That's why the B1G last year was given seeds like that. Michigan got a 4 seed because Michigan State got the 3 seed.
    I think you just made up this rule. Conferences have had multiple number one seeds many times.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 184,010, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,784
    Points
    184,010
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,320
    Given: 698

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    I thought two teams from the same conference couldn't be given the same seed? That's why the B1G last year was given seeds like that. Michigan got a 4 seed because Michigan State got the 3 seed.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 105,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUChippewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,526
    Points
    105,917
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 460

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    I think you just made up this rule. Conferences have had multiple number one seeds many times.
    There are some rules and guidelines about conferences in the NCAA tournament, such as maybe a rule preventing them from playing each other until the Sweet 16 or something, but nothing about two or more teams being given the same seed. Heck, just last season Oklahoma was also a #10 seed, just like us.


    "The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 80,829, Level: 88
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,121
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,611
    Points
    80,829
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 664
    Given: 293

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    It's just what I remember hearing some guy who's name rhymes with Bunardi say.


    Quote Originally Posted by hoiballin33 View Post
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 93,159, Level: 95
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,891
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    FDWxMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,432
    Points
    93,159
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 69

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    There are some rules and guidelines about conferences in the NCAA tournament, such as maybe a rule preventing them from playing each other until the Sweet 16 or something, but nothing about two or more teams being given the same seed. Heck, just last season Oklahoma was also a #10 seed, just like us.
    Yeah, I think they tried to avoid rematches before Sweet 16, and no potential matchups with a conference member until Regional Finals, but I think most of these have been relaxed almost to the point of non-existence.

    Because of expansion, it makes a lot of those old rules mathematically impossible in certain years.

    I think you could see a fellow conference member as early as the round of 32 now.



  10. #10
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,544, Level: 25
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wcamnclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    301
    Points
    7,544
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Sign me up for a #1 or #3 seed. I'll pass on the #2. I'm just a little superstitious...



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 25,510, Level: 48
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    HGPuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,408
    Points
    25,510
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 1

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    The rule this year for conference teams is that if they played once they can't meet until the round of 32, if they have played twice they can't meet until the round of 16, and if they have played three times they can't meet until the elite 8.

    This is a slight change for this year, in previous years the guideline was not more than two teams from the same conference could be in the same region (unless the conference had 9 or more teams in the tournament). There also was an old guideline that the top 3 teams from a conference were separated in the bracket. Now the top 4 in a conference are separated in different regions, but only if they are a 1, 2, 3, or 4 seed.


    When all is said and done, more is said than done

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,026, Level: 63
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 924
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wonkadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    4,048
    Points
    42,026
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 300

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    I don't care what anyone else says, I would love to get a rematch with Iowa at some point in the tournament (this is under the assumption that they get in, I would much rather see them NIT-bound).


    "It's appropriate for leaders sometimes to move boldly against the flow of public opinion," she said. "That's called leadership." --- Sarah Swisher (D), Superdelegate, Iowa City

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 30,331, Level: 53
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    inCyteful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,631
    Points
    30,331
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 845
    Given: 337

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Baylor fan will have some butthurt being at 6 Seed. Good.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 184,010, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,784
    Points
    184,010
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,320
    Given: 698

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Quote Originally Posted by wcamnclone View Post
    Sign me up for a #1 or #3 seed. I'll pass on the #2. I'm just a little superstitious...
    The other time we had a #2 seed we made the Elite 8, right?



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 184,010, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,784
    Points
    184,010
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,320
    Given: 698

    Re: Teamrankings.com ISU is #8 on S-curve, 23% Chance at #1 seed

    Quote Originally Posted by HGPuck View Post
    The rule this year for conference teams is that if they played once they can't meet until the round of 32, if they have played twice they can't meet until the round of 16, and if they have played three times they can't meet until the elite 8.

    This is a slight change for this year, in previous years the guideline was not more than two teams from the same conference could be in the same region (unless the conference had 9 or more teams in the tournament). There also was an old guideline that the top 3 teams from a conference were separated in the bracket. Now the top 4 in a conference are separated in different regions, but only if they are a 1, 2, 3, or 4 seed.
    Thanks for the info. ISU will be immune to any Round of 32 matchups and hopefully immune to seeing 3 teams in the Sweet 16.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM