Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 116

Stats through ten games

Iowa State - Season Statistics

Melvin Ejim's scoring is really up this year, 18.4 ppg. He has a .525 fg%, .406 3pt% and believe it or not is .848& on free throws. 8.6 rebounds per game. But the stat that really jumps out to me the most is 23 fouls (2.3 per game). That is huge!!!

Georges Niang has been a monster over the last 5 games. On the season he is averaging 16 ppg, 3.8 assists per game (wow!!), but only 4 rebounds per game, which is surprising given his size. The guy can't jump, though. But he really doesn't need to! .496 fg%, .821% at the line (awesome!!), and .324% from 3 point range.

Dustin Hogue has been amazing this year. 13.6 ppg, 10.4 rebounds per game (does that lead the Big 12?) and has only turned the ball over 6 times. He shoots an amazing .627% from the field (although most of his buckets are dunks and layups), 40% from 3 (only 20 attempts), and 68% at the line.

DeAndre Kane, the stat stuffer! 14.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 5.9 asst/gm. I'll be damned if he doesn't mess around and get a triple double or two this season. Kane shoots .485% on fgs, Only 25% on 3's (only 20 attempts), and .667% at the line. Shooting is not his strong point, but the guy can drive like crazy!!

Matt Thomas seems to maybe lack confidence at times, but he is really young and will get there. He is at 8.3 ppg right now. He has the most 3 point tries on the team, but is only shooting .347% from deep. I have a feeling he is going to start lighting it up later in the season.

Monte Morris is a great addition off the bench to spell Kane. Morris is really the only "true" point guard that sees action. Morris only averages 5.7 ppg, but as the point guard, his job is not really scoring. He will have his chance in the future to put up big scoring numbers, but for now we have too many guys scoring inside. Morris averages 2.7 rebs per game, which is not bad for a point guard playing 21 minutes per contest. He is at 3.2 assists per game with just 9 turnovers. Pretty impressive for a true freshman! He is tied for the team lead in steals, at 10.

Naz Long - 9.2 ppg. Leads team in 3's made, at has hit 50% from long range!!

Team stats look great. 88.9 ppg to 68.2 for our opponents. 43.5 rebs per game, compared to our opponents 37/game. +6.5 reb margin. Seems like it shouls be higher, but I'll take it!! 19.6 assists/game leads the nation. We sure do move the ball around quite well. That's 7.4 assists/game more than our opponents. 10.9 turnovers per game to our opponents 12.2 and I'm pretty sure both numbers were much higher last year. My favorite stat right here... ISU FG% on the season is .492!! Opponents % is .387. FT% .704 to our opponents .626... We have been great at the line in this tourney!! .704% is pretty good when you look at teams around the country this year. Is it just me, or do coaches just not seem to get their teams to practice FTs anymore. I have been watching UNC games the last 2 weeks, and I laugh my head off when they go to the line. We are at .369% from 3 compared to our opponents .285%. It doesn't seem like it, but teams are just not shooting well against us. Boise State is a good shooting tram, so lets hope we shut them down.

Sorry for the long post, I am a bit of a stat nerd, BUT the stat that matters most is the 10-0 record. I don't care how we win as long as we keep finding ways to get it done. Have a good Christmas Cyclone fans!!

This is Ophion speaking.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,535
    Given: 729

Re: Stats through ten games

Fred has really managed the minutes well. I don't think anyone is averaging over 30 minutes.

Addict
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Ejim is at 30.6 minutes. Keeping him out of foul trouble has been nice this year. Hogue and Kane are at 29 1/2 mpg. Niang and Thomas 27.1 each.

This is Ophion speaking.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    Ejim is at 30.6 minutes. Keeping him out of foul trouble has been nice this year. Hogue and Kane are at 29 1/2 mpg. Niang and Thomas 27.1 each.
    Must have jumped a bit with last nights game as he was just under 30 through 9.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm a bit surprised we are only playing 7/8 guys in some games, but the big guys don't seem to get fatigued as much and the bench guys that do play are getting solid minutes. I agree that the distribution of minutes has been great.

This is Ophion speaking.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Naz and MM both around 21 min a game. That is big for keeping the other guys fresh, and we really don't see a drop off.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Throw is SDW for 6-7 minutes a game I think. This team is honestly nothing what I expected it to be this year. I don't mean that in a bad way, either.

This is Ophion speaking.

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,133
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 177

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Naz and MM both around 21 min a game. That is big for keeping the other guys fresh, and we really don't see a drop off.

*depth*

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 89

The scoring is down a little this year, but that is only because the Clones have had the luxury of leads in games and could coast out in quit a few of them. Last year's team was in a dog fight with a lot of teams and needed every point to win games. Clearly the defense is a lot better this year. Not great, but certainly acceptable, and a huge improvement over last year. Doc has really been a great addition to the coaching staff.

GN, Kane, ME have been impressive, but Hogue is the guy that has really been amazing on this team. I don't even thing Fred thought he would be as good as he is.

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 414
    Given: 369

melvin has only played in 8 games so he is at 2.9 fouls per game, with one foul out (BYU). still impressive.

i think georges occupys defenders on the defensive glass, meaning he will get boxed out allowing mel and dustin to get free to get the board.

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 8

I loved how the announcers talked about how Akron had more depth and we might see how that would affect ISU later in the game. Turns out it was the Zips who were walking up the court and gasping for air

Rookie
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 32

One of the things I love about Naz is the improvement that he has shown from last year to this year. He's only a sophmore so if he can continue to make similar strides in his game the next couple years imagine what he could develop into. Hes fun to watch because you never know when he is going to just go off from range.

Haven't looked at a stat to verify if the scoring has been down from last year but if it really is then thats pretty crazy considering we were still leading the nation in scoring and are currently at 4th in the country. Should be a fun season and hope these guys get all the national recognition they deserve for the hard work they have put in. Not many outside of the Cyclone Nation would have predicted this team to be able to do what it has so far this year.

Rookie
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 19

Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised we are only playing 7/8 guys in some games, but the big guys don't seem to get fatigued as much and the bench guys that do play are getting solid minutes. I agree that the distribution of minutes has been great.
    The ability of Hogue and Kane to play so many positions almost qualifies as as an extra sub IMO. With that said, I would really love to see Edozie being capable of giving 6 - 10 minutes a game.

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 958
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Cyientist View Post
    The ability of Hogue and Kane to play so many positions almost qualifies as as an extra sub IMO. With that said, I would really love to see Edozie being capable of giving 6 - 10 minutes a game.
    Edozies lack of shooting is what holds him back. It messes up the spacing and rhythm if he is in there. With Hogue, although he is not a great shooter you still have to respect his shot. With Edozie you can sag off a bit and crowds the glass.

Rookie
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 19

Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    Edozies lack of shooting is what holds him back. It messes up the spacing and rhythm if he is in there. With Hogue, although he is not a great shooter you still have to respect his shot. With Edozie you can sag off a bit and crowds the glass.
    I think it must want Edozie to be capable of playing for my peace of mind. It is crazy that we don't bring anyone over 6'5" off of the bench in most games. It seems to be working though.