Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Romo done for year

Quote Originally Posted by Erik4Cy View Post
    I'd believe Garrett over Adam Shefter.
    You may be the only one.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Addict
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,324
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 44

Romo takes way too much blame for that corrupt and dysfunctional organization they call the Dallas Cowboys. He is the punching boy for that city.

Addict
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 149

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    You may be the only one.
    K...then there are a lot of stupid people out there who would rather take the word of a news journalist whose job for the world's largest sports news giant focuses around rumors and getting as many people to visit his company's website, get on their social media, or tune in their TV's to help swirl the rumors he follows involving one of the most followed sports teams in America. As opposed to taking the word from the head coach who is actively involved and speaks to his players and training staffs as well as having his head coaching job on the line in regards to his best player being out for their biggest game. Why would he lie if Romo really has NO chance to play and needs herniated disk surgery? What would he possibly gain from lying about Romo's status? That is Shefters gain to misinform.

Romo may not play, but if you take Shefters word over someone ACTUALLY close to the situation. Then you must really love gossip and hearsay over facts. Fox News is probably right up your alley.

You can hate Garrett or hate the Cowboys and I am a realistic Cowboys fan and the Eagles will probably win whether Romo plays or not cuz our defense sucks. But seriously, be smarter than to just follow what ESPN "reports." You need to realize they are wrong A LOT.

I can't stand the 49ers coach Harbaugh (I like his bro for the Ravens) but I would still believe him on injury reports over anyone blogging for ESPN.

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!

Addict
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 149

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    Romo takes way too much blame for that corrupt and dysfunctional organization they call the Dallas Cowboys. He is the punching boy for that city.
    Completely agree. JJ is the real one to blame, if he would just be the $$$ and stop making personnel decisions they'd be much better off.

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23

Eagles are going to curb stomp the Cowboys after this injury report.

Starter
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 0

Romo and that passing game (Witten, Byrant, etc.) is all Dallas really has. Their defense is terrible, and they can't really run the ball. I know Romo cost them the Green Bay game about by himself, but the truth is they live by him a lot more than they die by him. I doubt Mr. Orton just-about-90%-of-what-most-of-us-would-define-as-a-game-manager would be able to carry a team in the same way.

Short answer = Eagles walk, onto the playoffs, Cowboys meltdown again, hilarity ensues.

Addict
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,324
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmapolis View Post
    Romo and that passing game (Witten, Byrant, etc.) is all Dallas really has. Their defense is terrible, and they can't really run the ball. I know Romo cost them the Green Bay game about by himself, but the truth is they live by him a lot more than they die by him. I doubt Mr. Orton just-about-90%-of-what-most-of-us-would-define-as-a-game-manager would be able to carry a team in the same way.

Short answer = Eagles walk, onto the playoffs, Cowboys meltdown again, hilarity ensues.
    Wasn't one of Romo's ints at the end because his receiver quit on his route? Plus the play calling was very questionable in the second half.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 21

Can't run? DeMarco Murray would like to have a word with you. Now you can make the argument that Dallas goes away from the run too much, but they absolutely CAN run it. Murray is a tremendous running back.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 18

No I think it's the defense that gave up 5 touchdowns in one half that cost the game.

I know it's fun to pile on and rip on Romo because he is the QB of probably the most hated franchise in the NFL, but the misguided hate gets old. Don't get me wrong, as a fan I realize the Dallas Cowboys are the biggest joke in the NFL and deserve a lot of the disgust and hate they get. That aside if any of the Romo detractors actually watched or cared enough to follow the Cowboys consistently, you would see that literally every game Romo is basically told to go win it by throwing all over the field. Interceptions are bound to happen. Get him an inkling of a defense and the Denver, Detriot, and Green Bay games are all wins and we are not having this conversation.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 42

Oh man, so much idiot fail in this thread. Lets begin...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Not to defend Romo, but he played pretty well in the clutch, yesterday. Anyone who'd rather have Orton at the helm than Romo is fooling themselves.
    Correct. Played a solid game thru what we now know was a bad back for over half the game, made much worse late in the 4th quarter. After we saw he was clearly hurt - led a FG drive and game winning TD drive culminated with 4th and goal TD made possible by him moving in the pocket and Murray finding the open space.

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    Correct again. Romo has made some bad plays in big games, no doubt. As does every QB in the league. Difference is Romo has been playing behind a bad line for a few years (this season much better) and with a very poor defense for a while (this year really bad, made much worst by injuries).

Quote Originally Posted by Erik4Cy View Post
    Completely agree. JJ is the real one to blame, if he would just be the $$$ and stop making personnel decisions they'd be much better off.
    Yup. GTFO is what this guy should do and let people do their jobs. There is a reason all other franchises have GMs. It's not for fun and wasting money.

Onto the fail.

No, Dallas doesn't only have a passing game. That rushing attack is good. Problem is - they run the ball a lot in the first half and in the 2nd half - defense gags and they abandon the run.

I'm told by a former employ that has a close friend who's wife is Orton's sister (that was fun) that the running game forgetfulness is actually on Romo audibling out a lot. This may be why Garrett tossed Tony "under the bus" last weekend when he stated there were called running plays in the 2nd half that were changed to pass. Both my former employee and his close friend have worked for a handful of NFL teams on the equipment crews.

Anyway....

Murray is a very good back. Only issue is injuries - otherwise he's been damn good and only someone that has not watched Dallas play (like many posting here I assume) or a fool would claim he's not a great back.

Romo did not cost Dallas the GB game. A pathetic defense did as did a lack of commitment to the run. Now as noted above, some of that may be Romo but I can't believe he audibled to a pass that many times. He tossed 2 picks in the 2nd half. First ball he should not have thrown - ended up slightly behind the receiver. If it was on tho, TD (Austin has nothing but green in front) and game over. It's what you get from a guy like Romo as he routinely makes those plays and lead to wins. 2nd INT was a pass where Beasley didn't complete the route, ball slightly ahead of him and defender makes a top 10 play. 9 times out of 10 that ball hits the ground - kudos to the corner.

Without Romo, perhaps Dallas plays ball control offense and has a shot, or they try to and can't consistently move the ball and lose huge. With Romo they either score a ton and win in a shoot-out or lose in a shoot-out.

Regardless, this team (nor the Eagles) are solid playoff contenders. Both with huge flaws in a week division. Dallas wins Sunday and I expect them to be one-and-done as that defense is just way too bad. Hosting San Fran doesn't equal success.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JSmoove View Post
    Get him an inkling of a defense and the Denver, Detriot, and Green Bay games are all wins and we are not having this conversation.
    Not just those games. KC and San Diego too. Keep in mind Dallas led in the 4th quarter against KC.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Those poor Cowboys. They are in such a mess.
    #Vikings

Addict
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 32

I didn't know Colin Cowherd had so many different user-names on here.

Get this, the guy filling in for Cowherd yesterday (already forgot his name) said the Cowboys would beat the Eagles and win a game or two in the playoffs.

I don't recommend smoking crack before you go on the air.

Addict
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 32

Same guy on yesterday, now it's "Romo being out for the rest of the year takes away Dallas's chance to "win it all".

No, I'm not making this up.