Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 15,600, Level: 37
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    DuckDynastyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    915
    Points
    15,600
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 691

    CW-Request Please

    Chris,

    When you get time between Jan 1 and Signing Day, it would be super cool to get a report on our RS Freshman class in terms of size, weight gains, who has looked good in practice etc (I see Madison won the Scout POY and hear good things about Mills too). I'd also be curious what positions they have all settled into, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Ie Garcia, Trent, Waggoner, Webster, Madison, Meeks, Mills, Syrie, Cotton-Moya. Which have the best shot at contributing next year?

    Some of these guys might be growing rapidly and possibly switch positions too, from LB to DE (Meeks comes to mind as a possibility). Webster, Madison and Mills seem to have a lot of upside with their athletic ability. Eg., Is Mills playing MLB, or OLB? Is Madison an OLB or undersized DE?

    Also, some questions about the progression of Aka (DE or DL?), White (OLB or MLB?) and Seeley would be good.

    And a separate update on the Diaper Dandies in that RS Fresh class in the OL would be cool too.

    To me, there are a lot of questions on how Wally will utilize the guys on the defensive side of the ball. The offensive guys seem to be more set in what position they will play.

    Thanks Chris. Merry Christmas and Thanks for all you do to keep us out of state Fanatics updated!


    "winners never quit; quitters never win"

  2. #2
    Publisher
    Points: 927,851, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,749
    Points
    927,851
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,598
    Given: 579

    Re: CW-Request Please

    I can and look forward to doing this for you. Thanks for the kind words and know that we appreciate you being a loyal member of our website. Merry Christmas to you too!



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 19,598, Level: 42
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Posts
    818
    Points
    19,598
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 98

    Re: CW-Request Please

    I thought you were going to ask CW to go on vacation for that period so only good things would happen, like every other vacation he takes!



  4. #4
    Publisher
    Points: 927,851, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,749
    Points
    927,851
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,598
    Given: 579

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by JRE1975 View Post
    I thought you were going to ask CW to go on vacation for that period so only good things would happen, like every other vacation he takes!
    Lucky for you I am taking this afternoon off.....



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 13,432, Level: 35
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    416
    Points
    13,432
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 15

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Lucky for you I am taking this afternoon off.....
    Why did I suddenly get a weird feeling that Rashad Vaughn will commit today???


    "Die rebel scum" - Paul Rhoads

  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 15,600, Level: 37
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    DuckDynastyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    915
    Points
    15,600
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 691

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by DuckDynastyCy View Post
    Chris,

    When you get time between Jan 1 and Signing Day, it would be super cool to get a report on our RS Freshman class in terms of size, weight gains, who has looked good in practice etc (I see Madison won the Scout POY and hear good things about Mills too). I'd also be curious what positions they have all settled into, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Ie Garcia, Trent, Waggoner, Webster, Madison, Meeks, Mills, Syrie, Cotton-Moya. Which have the best shot at contributing next year?

    Some of these guys might be growing rapidly and possibly switch positions too, from LB to DE (Meeks comes to mind as a possibility). Webster, Madison and Mills seem to have a lot of upside with their athletic ability. Eg., Is Mills playing MLB, or OLB? Is Madison an OLB or undersized DE?

    Also, some questions about the progression of Aka (DE or DL?), White (OLB or MLB?) and Seeley would be good.

    And a separate update on the Diaper Dandies in that RS Fresh class in the OL would be cool too.

    To me, there are a lot of questions on how Wally will utilize the guys on the defensive side of the ball. The offensive guys seem to be more set in what position they will play.

    Thanks Chris. Merry Christmas and Thanks for all you do to keep us out of state Fanatics updated!

    One other thing I forgot to have you ask is where they will place Charlie Rogers? Will he be a fulltime S or stay at Nickel? Thanks again.


    "winners never quit; quitters never win"

  7. #7
    Publisher
    Points: 927,851, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,749
    Points
    927,851
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,598
    Given: 579

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by DuckDynastyCy View Post
    One other thing I forgot to have you ask is where they will place Charlie Rogers? Will he be a fulltime S or stay at Nickel? Thanks again.
    They won't decide this until the spring. I have already asked.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 162,006, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    16,316
    Points
    162,006
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,810
    Given: 446

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperialCyclone View Post
    Why did I suddenly get a weird feeling that Rashad Vaughn will commit today???
    Nope, but suddenly they'll announce Chip Kelly resigning from the Eagles to become our OC.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 918,859, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,571
    Points
    918,859
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,901
    Given: 4,962

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Lucky for you I am taking this afternoon off.....

    Can't wait!


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 39,236, Level: 61
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,114
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    isuska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,266
    Points
    39,236
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 857
    Given: 540

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Lucky for you I am taking this afternoon off.....
    and we have gotten two verbals each of the last two Tuesdays . . .



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,847, Level: 77
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,403
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    MeanDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarence IA-Jensen Bch FL
    Posts
    3,773
    Points
    61,847
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 884
    Given: 1,344

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Lucky for you I am taking this afternoon off.....
    Makes sense. Gotta catch the rest of that movie.


    No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 16,250, Level: 38
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    1,100
    Points
    16,250
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 245

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by DuckDynastyCy View Post
    Chris,

    When you get time between Jan 1 and Signing Day, it would be super cool to get a report on our RS Freshman class in terms of size, weight gains, who has looked good in practice etc (I see Madison won the Scout POY and hear good things about Mills too). I'd also be curious what positions they have all settled into, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Ie Garcia, Trent, Waggoner, Webster, Madison, Meeks, Mills, Syrie, Cotton-Moya. Which have the best shot at contributing next year?

    Some of these guys might be growing rapidly and possibly switch positions too, from LB to DE (Meeks comes to mind as a possibility). Webster, Madison and Mills seem to have a lot of upside with their athletic ability. Eg., Is Mills playing MLB, or OLB? Is Madison an OLB or undersized DE?

    Also, some questions about the progression of Aka (DE or DL?), White (OLB or MLB?) and Seeley would be good.

    And a separate update on the Diaper Dandies in that RS Fresh class in the OL would be cool too.

    To me, there are a lot of questions on how Wally will utilize the guys on the defensive side of the ball. The offensive guys seem to be more set in what position they will play.

    Thanks Chris. Merry Christmas and Thanks for all you do to keep us out of state Fanatics updated!
    Good call. Wasn't necessarily gonna ask CW, but was gonna put out the request for that specific info. Who better to round it up than CW?



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 21,082, Level: 44
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cyinthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Iowa
    Posts
    1,500
    Points
    21,082
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 76

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Nope, but suddenly they'll announce Chip Kelly resigning from the Eagles to become our OC.
    Ugh, no thank you.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 162,006, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    16,316
    Points
    162,006
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,810
    Given: 446

    Re: CW-Request Please

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyinthenorth View Post
    Ugh, no thank you.
    Yeah, I probably sucks having an offense that puts up about a million points a game in college.

    (Blah blah, athletes, blah blah, stars, blah blah Nike. Obviously it was all in jest. )



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM