Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 4,966, Level: 20
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CyKings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    382
    Points
    4,966
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 116

    Lunardi Bracketology

    Not sure if this has been shared yet, but Lunardi has us at a 5 seed in his latest bracketology... also means next to nothing this early, but it's nice to see.

    Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN
    +


    Let's make this Happen!

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 194,252, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    12,037
    Points
    194,252
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 406

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    I would LOOOOOVE a rematch with UK. Not scared of this UK team unlike the one we played 2 years ago.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 134,276, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,105
    Points
    134,276
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 963
    Given: 834

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    It was already posted but who's complaining! I love to see that we could potentially be a 5 seed and maybe even better!


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 85,235, Level: 90
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    CoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7,915
    Points
    85,235
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,778
    Given: 3,311

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Could an insider tell us if Iowa State is mentioned, and if so what it says about them here?

    Wisconsin Badgers own best early NCAA tournament résumé - College Basketball - ESPN



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 158,648, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    10,963
    Points
    158,648
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 5,905

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by CoKane View Post
    Could an insider tell us if Iowa State is mentioned, and if so what it says about them here?

    Wisconsin Badgers own best early NCAA tournament résumé - College Basketball - ESPN
    Honorable mention


    ***Official Unofficial Spokesman of Cyclone Fanatic.***

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,865, Level: 65
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stormchaser2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,940
    Points
    44,865
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,200
    Given: 923

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by CoKane View Post
    Could an insider tell us if Iowa State is mentioned, and if so what it says about them here?

    Wisconsin Badgers own best early NCAA tournament résumé - College Basketball - ESPN
    Badgers are so overrated, they play Prairie View A&M next, who is 2-8. Only good teams they've played have been Florida, Marquette, and UVA. They have only played 2 road games. Wouldn't be surprised if Iowa and Illinois beat them on their home floors


    It's a terrible plan, but I like it so let's do it.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 23,410, Level: 46
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dingus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,664
    Points
    23,410
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 40

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser2014 View Post
    Badgers are so overrated, they play Prairie View A&M next, who is 2-8. Only good teams they've played have been Florida, Marquette, and UVA. They have only played 2 road games. Wouldn't be surprised if Iowa and Illinois beat them on their home floors
    Iowa will split with Wisc, both winning at home. Wisc is overrated but is still good and very tough to beat at home.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 122,185, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,986
    Points
    122,185
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 664
    Given: 1,454

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Overall, minor quibble with a few placements in his bracket in the 1 to 3 seed range, no more than one line with most of it. I didn't analyze it much after that.

    Iowa State at a 5 seems about right this week, as a snapshot.

    As I mentioned in related threads, if ISU held steady with current resume, I foresee 4/5 scenario with a good change both teams are out of region (such as Spokane vs. UK, as in Lunardi's bracket).



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 202,887, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,124
    Points
    202,887
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,823
    Given: 703

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by CyKings View Post
    Not sure if this has been shared yet, but Lunardi has us at a 5 seed in his latest bracketology... also means next to nothing this early, but it's nice to see.

    Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN
    +
    I know this is December, but let me drink some Kool-Aid and say why that bracket would be amazing.

    *Toledo in round one. Enough said.
    *Rematch with Kentucky with the Sweet 16 on the line. Tons of national attention in this game.
    *Syracuse and their zone defense against Fred's offense? This game would have 200 points scored in it. Let's say we pull it out.
    *Michigan State and Villanova would be (in my opinion) the weakest 2/3 pair out of any bracket.


    I'd give us a really good shot at Final Four if we got this draw somehow.

    And then... a rematch with Ohio State and Aaron Craft in Dallas? Winner to the national championship?

    We then proceed to square off against Iowa in the title game



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 174,056, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyguytillidie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,823
    Points
    174,056
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 231
    Given: 383

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    Honorable mention
    How many teams were mentioned before ISU?



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 122,185, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,986
    Points
    122,185
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 664
    Given: 1,454

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I know this is December, but let me drink some Kool-Aid and say why that bracket would be amazing.

    *Toledo in round one. Enough said.
    *Rematch with Kentucky with the Sweet 16 on the line. Tons of national attention in this game.
    *Syracuse and their zone defense against Fred's offense? This game would have 200 points scored in it. Let's say we pull it out.
    *Michigan State and Villanova would be (in my opinion) the weakest 2/3 pair out of any bracket.


    I'd give us a really good shot at Final Four if we got this draw somehow.

    And then... a rematch with Ohio State and Aaron Craft in Dallas? Winner to the national championship?

    We then proceed to square off against Iowa in the title game
    If we're taking the bracket as it's presented, I'll play along. I'd meet you partway.

    *Mathcup w/ Kentucky would provide intrigue on second-week Thursday/Friday.

    *Disagree on the 2-3. I think the most vulnerable subregion for 2 & 3 is Wisconsin and Wichita State IF Iowa State happened to advance to Elite 8 as a 5 (and assuming all of these 2's and 3's reached the Sweet 16) — I think those are less-daunting draws for an underdog than UConn/Michigan State.

    *Fred system might be able to exploit Syracuse style — although we saw some evidence to the contrary when Iowa used a zone. Would we find just as many advantages vs. a team like Louisville in 1-5?

    *I see several places with potential bracket explosion (in various rounds). Which is fairly consistent with the actual tournament.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 34,633, Level: 57
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 817
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thomasrickj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    1,893
    Points
    34,633
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 434
    Given: 56

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    I wouldn't look too far into this bracketology. Kentucky shouldn't be a 4 seed. By the end of the season, I expect these arrogant, selfish, players from Kentucky to be an NIT team.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 77,561, Level: 86
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    6,265
    Points
    77,561
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 177

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    Overall, minor quibble with a few placements in his bracket in the 1 to 3 seed range, no more than one line with most of it. I didn't analyze it much after that.

    Iowa State at a 5 seems about right this week, as a snapshot.

    As I mentioned in related threads, if ISU held steady with current resume, I foresee 4/5 scenario with a good change both teams are out of region (such as Spokane vs. UK, as in Lunardi's bracket).
    I think its a bit disrepectful, ISU is in first place in the toughest conference in the country. I think a 1 or 2 seed is justified.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 21,643, Level: 44
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    MIClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central Michigan
    Posts
    2,029
    Points
    21,643
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 243

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I know this is December, but let me drink some Kool-Aid and say why that bracket would be amazing.

    *Toledo in round one. Enough said.
    *Rematch with Kentucky with the Sweet 16 on the line. Tons of national attention in this game.
    *Syracuse and their zone defense against Fred's offense? This game would have 200 points scored in it. Let's say we pull it out.
    *Michigan State and Villanova would be (in my opinion) the weakest 2/3 pair out of any bracket.


    I'd give us a really good shot at Final Four if we got this draw somehow.

    And then... a rematch with Ohio State and Aaron Craft in Dallas? Winner to the national championship?

    We then proceed to square off against Iowa in the title game
    No way Ohio State would make it out of that bracket.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 32,245, Level: 55
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,631
    Points
    32,245
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 13

    Re: Lunardi Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    I wouldn't look too far into this bracketology. Kentucky shouldn't be a 4 seed. By the end of the season, I expect these arrogant, selfish, players from Kentucky to be an NIT team.
    Man would I love that!!! and the subsequent head explosions from that pile of **** fan base in Lexington from 2 straight NIT appearances… All with the self proclaimed "college dream teams".

    I hope the teams like Kentucky, Kansas, UNC realize that you can have all the talented "boys" on your team to beat ****** teams, but mature men win the tough ones.




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM