Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 0

Dear Mr. Miller...

And you know who I'm talking about...Guess what? Iowa is not the better team or they would have won. I'm tired of hearing from Iowa sports writers that everytime ISU beats Iowa that the better team lost. Let me know when Iowa makes the tourney and let me know when Iowa starts beating Top 25 teams then you can talk about Iowa being a better team, until then they are not. Iowa won last year and it was clear that Iowa st. had the better team last season. Iowa has a very good basketball team, Iowa state's is just better, period. Iowa st. will end up higher in the conference, higher in the rankings, have a better RPI and get a better seed than Iowa this year. So how does this make Iowa a better team again Mr. Miller? It was clear as day last year that Iowa state could make the argument that they were the better team than KU last year as the officials clearly gave both games to KU by nearly every nation pundit who wrote about the game. But you know what? KU was the better team last year, they found a way to win each game and had the better season overall. See how this works??

One more thing, good luck next season without Marble cause the Hawkeyes will have no go to player that can take over a game, not one. Congrats to Iowa for a well played game they will have a very good year.

Iowa state is the better team.

Rookie
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

Re: Dear Mr. Miller...

And to add...Yes Iowa state shot 36 Ft's to Iowa's what 24? or something? Those were fouls and they were fouls. If you ask me I actually think that this was part of Fran's strategy..no not to give ISU 36 ft's necassarily but to be aggressive and put ISU on the line instead of giving up points as he knew ISU was a terrible FT shooting team and it almost worked. Were there calls that were questionable? sure. Were there calls against ISU that were questionable? absolutely..See Kane's second foul that had him sit the last 10 minutes of the 1st half. Even the announcers mentioned that it was a bad call. Bad calls happen though. Great teams find a way to win. Iowa State is great.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,019
    Given: 500

Not even Iowa fans like Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

You can make an argument for either team, if Iowa would have won we would be saying the same thing. We lost it, they didn't win it, it resurrects your confidence for your team.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 22

ISU wins and the rag used the losers pics. Why not Georges schooling dinkleberry? Nope midget ginger gets the main pic and Marble on this inside acting stupid. At least there was a panty shot of the cheerleader in the background.

Rag is good for cleaning up puke and dog ****.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

Aren't you supposed to sign your open letters?

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I think Iowa is the better team and wins it neutral and home. That still doesn't mean I don't think ISU has a very good team, because they do... and it doesn't mean I think Iowa is markedly better, because they are not. My respect for Fred Hoiberg as a coach is growing by leaps and bounds. The whole transfer thing is tired...its working quite well and he must be an outstanding leader of men. The future is incredibly bright for the Iowa State basketball program...it's prospects have possibly never been brighter, IMO, given what Fred Hoiberg means to the fanbase and what is capable of doing.

I'd love it if both teams met up again in the Round of 16 or better..that would be awesome.

Great win, congrats and sincere best of luck the rest of the season. I don't want to see KU win it again, or Oklahoma State. You're better than KU is right now.

PS: I have got to stop focusing on officiating. It's stupid. It's college basketball, there is home court advantage. It's what makes winning on the road matter and special. I am sort of tired of myself in that department.

'Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black.'

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 124

Jon Miller is a typical hok that won't give ISU or any team for that matter credit when they are flat out beaten. What did he say this time? Iowa lost the game instead of ISU winning it? That seems to be the broken record coming from his mouth in the past. I also had some hawk friends trying to tell me the noise in Hilton had nothing to do with Gesell missing those free throws at the end. Yeah sure..

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    I also had some hawk friends trying to tell me the noise in Hilton had nothing to do with Gesell missing those free throws at the end. Yeah sure..
    I don't know if it did or not, but there isn't a gym louder than Hilton than Iowa will play in this year, if ever.

Legend
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 257

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    I think Iowa is the better team and wins it neutral and home. That still doesn't mean I don't think ISU has a very good team, because they do... and it doesn't mean I think Iowa is markedly better, because they are not. My respect for Fred Hoiberg as a coach is growing by leaps and bounds. The whole transfer thing is tired...its working quite well and he must be an outstanding leader of men. The future is incredibly bright for the Iowa State basketball program...it's prospects have possibly never been brighter, IMO, given what Fred Hoiberg means to the fanbase and what is capable of doing.

I'd love it if both teams met up again in the Round of 16 or better..that would be awesome.

Great win, congrats and sincere best of luck the rest of the season. I don't want to see KU win it again, or Oklahoma State. You're better than KU is right now.

PS: I have got to stop focusing on officiating. It's stupid. It's college basketball, there is home court advantage. It's what makes winning on the road matter and special. I am sort of tired of myself in that department.
    You are nuts Jon. ISU is clearly the better team. They were a bit too confident, played poorly while making junior high basketball mistakes, and still beat Iowa. It is understandable that burns you to a degree that has you turning on the PR machine to save face.

Addict
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,539
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 160

Plenty of times I have see us barely beat a team at home and then beat them on the road or a neutral court. Not at all convinced we would necessarily lose to Iowa away from home.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 33

Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    ISU wins and the rag used the losers pics. Why not Georges schooling dinkleberry? Nope midget ginger gets the main pic and Marble on this inside acting stupid. At least there was a panty shot of the cheerleader in the background.

Rag is good for cleaning up puke and dog ****.
    Not sure what "Rag" you were looking at it but mine has a big picture of Georges on the front of the sports page schooling midget ginger.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 17

We just love open letters

Addict
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 287
    Given: 93

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    PS: I have got to stop focusing on officiating. It's stupid.
    After all of the comments that Iowa fans (yourself included) have made in reference to ISU's infatuation with ref blaming... The past 15 hours or so have been full of sweet, sweet irony.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    After all of the comments that Iowa fans (yourself included) have made in reference to ISU's infatuation with ref blaming... The past 15 hours or so have been full of sweet, sweet irony.
    Rightfully so. It's just silly and I've been a whiny little ***** this year for some reason, football too. That's got to stop.