Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 61

Re: Miller und Brinson: Canada Boy

Quote Originally Posted by cytheguy View Post
    Honestly, no. I'm happy for them that they're doing well, but I just don't like women's basketball. If it's not football, men's basketball and to a lesser extent wrestling, I don't pay attention. And I'd say I'm in the vast majority on this.

Again, I have nothing against people who do enjoy it or those playing, but I'm not going to pretend to care -- even if they are ranked nationally.
    Im in the same boat, kind of. I tracked the game last night, but I would never watch it. Same with Volleyball; ill keep a tab on the game threads here, but I wont ever watch it.

Recruit
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

He's not big on CPR either which I think comes from the show being broadcast in Iowa City so he has to bash ISU to gain listener's. Says he gets tired of CPRS vids. I think he's pretty cautious too because of his former partners antics ( the Mouth) if a caller calls him out he backs off right away. Always seems to be grumpy he has to do the show.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by B.L. View Post
    He's not big on CPR either which I think comes from the show being broadcast in Iowa City so he has to bash ISU to gain listener's. Says he gets tired of CPRS vids. I think he's pretty cautious too because of his former partners antics ( the Mouth) if a caller calls him out he backs off right away. Always seems to be grumpy he has to do the show.
    Agree with this 100%

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 61

The show is only broadcast in Iowa City during the Monday Evening QB segment...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 18

You cannot get the show 20 miles outside DSM how can they get it in Iowa City, besides by streaming?

I hate to say it but if you take off your ISU glasses he has good points on CPR and the vids.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Rookie
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYGREG View Post
    Agree with this 100%
    Also agree miller is a grumpy, negative, hawk fan. Love that people think he leans Iowa State. He says all the time on the show he likes the hawks. The only good thing about miller is his wisdom of the betting scene, and horse racing. I do like Brinson though, I love an outside perspective with the resume that he has. I choose to listen to kxno as much as possible because we desperately need local sports radio, so I support whoever is on it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Honestly, no. I'm happy for them that they're doing well, but I just don't like women's basketball. If it's not football, men's basketball and to a lesser extent wrestling, I don't pay attention. And I'd say I'm in the vast majority on this.

Again, I have nothing against people who do enjoy it or those playing, but I'm not going to pretend to care -- even if they are ranked nationally.
    I am with you, I checked this morning looks like we won, always good to beat Iowa, God love our fans but we are one of about 5 fanbases that follow womens basketball.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by IASTATE4LIFE View Post
    Also agree miller is a grumpy, negative, hawk fan. Love that people think he leans Iowa State. He says all the time on the show he likes the hawks. The only good thing about miller is his wisdom of the betting scene, and horse racing. I do like Brinson though, I love an outside perspective with the resume that he has. I choose to listen to kxno as much as possible because we desperately need local sports radio, so I support whoever is on it.
    lol, Miller has never said he likes the Hawks.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    I am with you, I checked this morning looks like we won, always good to beat Iowa, God love our fans but we are one of about 5 fanbases that follow womens basketball.
    Why did you check of you don't care?
    It is absolutely ridiculous to say that you are an ISU fan but you don't CARE how good or bad the sports you don't care about are. That is really a **** poor attitude.
    Me personally... I do not like wrestling. Do I cheer for them and want them win the national title year in and year out... ABSOLUTELY. Do I care if they are good or bad... ABSOLUTELY.
    I HATE HATE HATE soccer at any level. Do I cheer for ISU soccer... ABSOLUTELY.
    I am an ISU fan - I want ISU to succeed at everything they do... Not just my FAVORITE sports.

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 128

I know not all agree but my favorite radio hosts on KXNO in the decade or so I've been listening are Ken Miller and Jon Miller while he was on. Murph and Andy are ok depending on the subject and guest.

All four afternoon hosts do a great job of being professional and impartial where the clones/hawk rivalry is concerned, but the morning radio hosts have generally been a non stop train wreck of tavern hawk.

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    I know not all agree but my favorite radio hosts on KXNO in the decade or so I've been listening are Ken Miller and Jon Miller while he was on. Murph and Andy are ok depending on the subject and guest.

All four afternoon hosts do a great job of being professional and impartial where the clones/hawk rivalry is concerned, but the morning radio hosts have generally been a non stop train wreck of tavern hawk.
    Ross Peterson is an Iowa fan and doesn't hide it. But I can't stand when he pretends to care about Iowa State and says stuff like, "I root for Iowa State when they're not playing Iowa." Uhhh, sorry Ross, no you don't.

And while I don't mind Brinson, no one and no local show will ever compare to Marty and Miller. A spaz and a grump.

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 128

Ross Peterson is an Iowa fan and doesn't hide it. But I can't stand when he pretends to care about Iowa State and says stuff like, "I root for Iowa State when they're not playing Iowa." Uhhh, sorry Ross, no you don't.

And while I don't mind Brinson, no one and no local show will ever compare to Marty and Miller. A spaz and a grump.
    I actually like Ken Miller, but the Miller/Brinson combo is better than Marty/Miller.

All four of the afternoon hosts right now aren't native Iowans and legitimately don't have a beef with ISU or Iowa. The recent morning hosts it's like someone gave the worst fans on hawkeyenation.com their own show.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Madclone1 View Post
    Right .... I give him as much respect as he gives our women's teams. But I will let you defend bigotry.
    Not liking womens basketball is the same as bigotry? You really are mad

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYGREG View Post
    Why did you check of you don't care?
    It is absolutely ridiculous to say that you are an ISU fan but you don't CARE how good or bad the sports you don't care about are. That is really a **** poor attitude.
    Me personally... I do not like wrestling. Do I cheer for them and want them win the national title year in and year out... ABSOLUTELY. Do I care if they are good or bad... ABSOLUTELY.
    I HATE HATE HATE soccer at any level. Do I cheer for ISU soccer... ABSOLUTELY.
    I am an ISU fan - I want ISU to succeed at everything they do... Not just my FAVORITE sports.
    Can you name a single ISU soccer player?

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Recruit
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I stood in line outside yesterday freezing my *** off for two and a half hours for the men's game and by the time I got in the student section was already full. On Thursday I strolled up 3 minutes before the doors opened and got second row seats for the women's game. Two ranked teams one of which is your instate rival. Most people don't seem to care about women's basketball, maybe more so around tournament time, but if we weren't playing Iowa I wouldn't have really cared either.